On this weekend’s episode of In Depth with Graham Bensinger, former NBA star Lamar Odom talks on learning how to walk again, plus:
- Odom details how Vince Carter kept him from beating up Cuban
- Odom reflects on former teammate and friend Kobe Bryant
- How he still struggles with cognitive decline on and off the court
- Cheating on Khloé Kardashian
- How he won’t have sex again until he is married
Graham: What did the recovery process entail?
Odom: It took a lot of therapy. Like, when I woke up I couldn’t walk or talk… It’s hard for me to explain how that works. It seems so foreign, right? Like, what you mean you can’t talk? Talking seems normal as an adult…I couldn’t walk, I could try to take a step, fall down. Couldn’t hold my bowels, which is extremely humbling. You know, I’m a big, strong athlete, um, shitting my pants every night. You could think, why me? But you can’t really ask that question.