PARIS, Jan. 22, 2019 – The NBA Paris Game 2020 Presented by beIN SPORTS, which will feature the Charlotte Hornets and Milwaukee Bucks playing the first regular-season NBA game in France, will take place Friday, Jan. 24 at the AccorHotels Arena and will mark the 11thNBA game in France.
Below are facts and figures about The NBA Paris Game 2020:
- 150,000 – More than 150,000 fans registered their interest on the NBA Paris Game 2020 events page, a record for an NBA game in Europe.
- 1994 –The Hornets last played in Paris 26 years ago when they took on the Golden State Warriors in October 1994.
- 262– The AccorHotels Arena court will be made up of 262 pieces of wood squares.
- 200 – The NBA Paris Games 2020 will reach fans in more than 200 countries and territories via television, digital and social media.
- 144 – Hornets forward and French national team captain Nicolas Batumhas represented France 144times in international competitions.
- 92 –The NBA Paris Game 2020 will be the 92nd NBA game in Europe, more than any other region outside of North America.
- 83 –The Jr. NBA, the league’s global youth basketball program, has 83 leagues in 31 counties across Europe and the Middle East.
- 60 –There were 108 international players from 38 countries on 2019-20 opening-night rosters, including 60European players.
- 42 –This season, a record 42 regular-season games are being aired in primetime in Europe as part of the NBA Saturdays and NBA Sundays campaign.
- 33 – Following The NBA Paris Game 2020, NBA teams that played in Paris will have combined for 33 NBA championships; Los Angeles Lakers (16); Chicago Bulls (6); San Antonio Spurs (5); Miami Heat (3) New York Knicks (2); Milwaukee Bucks (1).
- 23–Charlotte Hornets Chairman Michael Jordan wore the number 23and played twice in Paris for the Chicago Bulls in 1997.
- 31 –Basketball Without Borders Europe, the NBA and FIBA’s global basketball development and community outreach program, has seen 31 former campers drafted into the NBA or signed as free agents, including Batum (France; BWB Europe 2005).
- 14 – The NBA Paris Game 2020 will be supported by a record 14partners, headlined by beIN SPORTS, the official broadcast and digital partner of the NBA in France. The roster of partners marks the most-ever for an NBA game in Europe. Joining presenting partner beIN SPORTS are Beats by Dr. Dre (Beats), Fanatics, Foot Locker, Gatorade, Nike, ParionsSport, SAP, Tissot and 2K, along with promotional partners AccorHotels, La Banque Postale, Pringles and Yop.
- 11– The NBA Paris Game 2020 will mark the 11thNBA game in France.
- 8 – There are more NBA players from France than any other country in Europe with eightFrench players on 2019-20 opening-night rosters and fourFrench players on two-way contracts.
- 7 – The Hornets and Bucks feature seven
international players fromsix countries:
- Hornets (3): Nicolas Batum (France), BismackBiyombo (Democratic Republic of the Congo), Willy Hernangomez (Spain)
- Bucks (4): Giannis Antetokounmpo (Greece), ThanasisAntetokounmpo (Greece), Dragan Bender (Croatia), ErsanIlyasova (Turkey)
- 3 – The Bucks and Hornets’ rosters feature three sets of brothers: Giannis and ThanasisAntetokounmpo (Bucks); Brook and Robin Lopez (Bucks); and Caleb and Cody Martin (Hornets).
- 2 – France ranks as the No. 2 market in Europe for NBA League Pass subscriptions (following the U.K), with Spain, Germany and Italy rounding out the top five.
- 1 – The NBA Paris Game 2020 will mark the first regular-season NBA game in France.