The "List Man" is back after several months and bares gifts with him! This time he deviates around in his ever-lasting try to find and list the best summer songs. Unfortunately TalkBasket only allowed him to include 10 in the list, out of the hundreds of thousands of summer songs he has in possession. Enjoy.
Hello again basketball, and not only, fans! "The List Man" talking to you. With Olympiacos, Real Madrid and Maccabi Tel Aviv rebuilding, Panathinaikos on their toes over the "Spanoulis case", Barcelona on the verge of losing Pete Mickeal and everyone suffering over their respective National Team in the FIFA World Cup one song came in mind.
Which one you ask? Why "It's a cruel summer" by Bananarama of course. Yes I know, it's overreacting, nevertheless, I am "The List Man." So here is the full list of the Top-10 songs with the word "summer" in them.
10. Bananarama - Cruel Summer. I had to start the countdown with this as it was the song that sparked the (brilliant once more) idea. Gotta love the 80s baby...
9. Joe Cocker - Summer in the City. OK, it's a classic. I don't really like Joe Cocker but this piece definitely deserves a spot in the summer list.
8. Loft - Summer, Summer. Yeah, baby! The early 90s! Nuff said.
7. Grease - Simmer Nights. I really need to finally watch that movie.
6. Bryan Adams - Summer of Sixty Nine. I really don't know what's so special about the summer of 69. Unless 69 is a sexual annotation.
5. Don Henley - Boys of Summer
4. Sublime - Summertime
3. Mungo Jerry - In the Summertime. Oldie, but Goldie. Covered a million times.
2. Bobby Vinton - Sealed with a Kiss. I know there is no summer in the title, but give me a break... Bobby Vinton rules.
1. DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince - Summertime. Hands down, the supreme summer song ever. And basketball is involved too.
Bonus Track! The Summertime sang by the legendary Billy Stewart, probably the best version of this song ever. You must listen to this.