(Los Angeles, Calif.) – Today, adidas and James Harden announce the debut of the Harden Vol. 7, a signifier of the future of adidas Basketball design rooted in versatility and innovation. Informed by Harden’s on-court excellence and distinctive fashion off the court, the design of the Harden Vol. 7 represents an exceptional blend of the All-Star guard’s superior gameplay and fashion-forward style.
“With the Harden Vol. 7 we wanted to create a shoe that, like James, blurs the lines between performance, fashion and lifestyle,” explains Eric Wise, adidas Basketball’s Global General Manager. “That’s exactly what we needed the Harden Vol 7 to be. A true embodiment of style, ingenuity, swagger and ultimately confidence.”
James Harden’s unwavering confidence has not only transformed the professional game but has propelled him as both a social influencer and fashion icon. From capturing attention in the tunnel before games to his presence at renowned Fashion Weeks alongside prominent fashion luminaries, Harden is a cultural force with resounding impact. Appropriately, the Harden Vol. 7 is a highly versatile silhouette that caters to discerning athletes who aspire to achieve their goals, challenge cultural paradigms, and deliver stylish and confident performances.
With vibrant and anticipated colorways previewed for months across social media — including the head-turning silver and black pair spotted on 2022 breakout star Lil Baby — adidas’ formal introduction to the Harden Vol. 7 reveals two new colorways Red Luxury and Silver Metallic, with more on the way later this year. Fine-tuned for the game, Harden’s latest provides comfort, energy return, and ultimate response paired with a mixed material upper designed for lifestyle appeal.
Featuring the latest in adidas design technology, Harden’s seventh signature brings in elevated design elements:
- A new and caged Jet Boost midsole for improved stability and energy return
- Lightstrike street-luxe materials on the midsole for responsive cushioning and movement
- A knit bootie for dialed in comfort and protection
- Padded textile quarter panels for improved durability and protection
- A refined textile toe cap for increased durability in high abrasion areas
- A two-layer heel counter for support and cushioning in the heel and achilles
- Full-length propulsion plates for comfort and protection while supporting acceleration
- Multi-directional herringbone patterned sole for agility and traction through cuts
Inspired by the past with sights set on the future, the silhouette is an unabashed exploration of innovation while still rooted firmly in the “Remember The Why” ethos introduced in the adidas Basketball campaign at the start of this basketball season.
The Harden Vol. 7 will be available starting March 2 for $160 USD in select retailers and online at www.adidas.com/us/basketball.