PARIS, Jan. 20, 2020 – The NBA Paris Game 2020 Presented by beIN SPORTS, featuring the Charlotte Hornets and the Milwaukee Bucks playing the NBA’s first regular-season game in France, will be supported by a record 14 partners, headlined by beIN SPORTS, the official broadcast and digital partner of the NBA in France. The roster of partners marks the most-ever for an NBA game in Europe.
Joining presenting partner beIN SPORTS are Beats by Dr. Dre (Beats), Fanatics, Foot Locker, Gatorade, Nike, ParionsSport, SAP, Tissot and 2K, along with promotional partners Accor, La Banque Postale, Pringles and YOP. These partners are running multiple sweepstakes and promotions to engage fans around the game, in addition to the activities outlined below.
“The response from fans and the wider business community has been unprecedented, resulting in a record 14 partners for our first regular-season game in France,” said NBA EME Vice President of Global Partnerships Vandana Balachandar. “We thank all our partners for their collaboration across a variety of exciting fan engagement activities as Paris looks forward to celebrating the NBA and welcoming basketball fans from around the world.”
The sold-out game at the AccorHotels Arena on January 24, 2020 will air live on beIN SPORTS 1 starting at 9pm CET and will reach fans in more than 200 countries and territories on television, digital and social media.
Fans will also be able to attend NBA House, the NBA’s free interactive fan experience and hospitality venue, from Jan. 23-26 at Halle des Blancs Manteaux.
Below are highlights of the partners’ efforts:
- As presenting partner of NBA Paris Game 2020, beIN SPORTS will provide viewers with extensive coverage throughout the week, including exclusive interviews with current and former NBA players and live broadcasts from dedicated studios at the arena and NBA House.
- Fans in France can watch 14 live NBA games per week on beIN SPORTS, including two primetime games each weekend throughout the NBA season, as well as its daily studio show ‘NBA Extra.’
- Beats will support NBA House through a branded DJ booth, product display and hosting various oncourt games, as well as sponsoring an on-screen karaoke segment during the game.
- Fanatics will offer fans the chance to buy a range of official NBA products, including the latest Hornets and Bucks merchandise, both at NBA House and at several locations in the arena on gameday.
- Foot Locker is hosting “The NBA Paris Game 2020 VIP Entrance” featuring its emblematic black and white striped carpet, as well as a retail activation at their flagship store on the Champs-Elysees, taking place now through gameday.
- Foot Locker will have a sneaker retail pop-up & customization area at NBA House where fans will have the opportunity to customize Nike footwear with designs inspired by Paris and basketball.
- Gatorade will present several clinics during the week of the game supporting the development of coaches, referees and university students, with two clinic participants getting a chance to win tickets to The NBA Paris Game and compete in the Gatorade Skills Challenge during the game.
- Gatorade will also host several oncourt games at NBA House.
- Nike released a bespoke NBA Paris capsule collection inspired by the French capital’s rich basketball culture. The collection includes hoodies, t-shirts, tracksuits, accessories, a varsity jacket and a special edition Air Force 1 shoe, all of which will feature alongside NBA Paris Game-focused creative and activations at the Nike store in Châtelet–Les Halles.
- ParionsSport is supporting the game through a variety of out of home advertisements, including externally branding its headquarters’ office tower in Paris.
- At NBA House, fans will have the chance to spin a ParionsSport wheel to win NBA prizes and take part in oncourt games.
- SAP will showcase its latest products to key clients during a premium hospitality experience.
- Tissot has built a 50 square meter NBA Pop-Up Store at Westfield Les 4 Temps, is currently hosting a full NBA takeover through the month of January in its stores on the Champs Elysees and La Defense and is supporting the game through a variety of out of home advertisements including branded Paris buses, metro stops and digital advertisements.
- Tissot will also host spaces at NBA House where fans purchase watches and shoot baskets against a 24-second shot clock.
- Fans will be able to play NBA 2K20 in a dedicated gaming corner at NBA House, in addition to being able to take part in NBA 2K20 activities on the half-court.
- The European Finals of the first-ever NBA 2K20 Global Championship, which will be broadcast live on the NBA’s Twitch channel, will tip-off Saturday, Jan. 25 in Paris with players competing to win $15,000USD, with the top two finalists, advancing to the Global Finals in Los Angeles Feb. 22.
Fans in France can find more NBA information at NBA.com/France, the NBA’s official website hosted on beinsports.com, from the NBA App (App Store Google Play), and on Facebook (NBA France) and Twitter (@NBAFrance). Fans can also purchase all the latest Hornets and Bucks merchandise at NBAStore.eu and at NBA House from Jan 23 – 26.