Beginning Thursday, Feb. 24, fans across Europe can participate in the third open category of “NBA 75 Euro Vote” by voting for the All-Time NBA European Moment from among a selection of historic NBA moments featuring European players. Fans can vote by visiting NBA.com/Eurovote and join the conversation on social media using #NBA75Eurovote hashtag.
The shortlist of moments was selected by a blue-ribbon panel of European media, influencers and celebrities. Voting runs until Wednesday, March 9 at 11.59 p.m. GMT, with the results to be unveiled Friday, March 11. For all NBA 75 Euro Vote categories, the fan vote accounts for 50 percent of the final result while the panel makes up the other 50 percent.
The All-Time NBA European Moment nominees are:
- Germany’s Dirk Nowitzki wins an NBA championship after leading the Dallas Mavericks back from a 2-1 game deficit in the 2011 NBA Finals
- Greece’s Giannis Antetokounmpo scores 50 points in Game 6 of the 2021 NBA Finals, propelling the Milwaukee Bucks to their first NBA title in 50 years
- France’s Tony Parker becomes the first European NBA Finals MVP after leading the San Antonio Spurs to victory in the 2007 NBA Finals
- Spain’s Pau Gasol is the perfect complement to Kobe Bryant as he helps lead the Los Angeles Lakers to three consecutive NBA Finals appearances, winning back-to-back titles in 2009 and 2010.
- Hall of Famer and Croatian Toni Kukoč helps the Chicago Bulls claim a historic “three-peat” by winning NBA championships in three consecutive seasons from 1996-1998
NBA 75 Euro Vote pays tribute to current and former European players who have inspired generations of basketball fans across the continent and celebrates NBA fandom in Europe. The last voting category will be the All-Time NBA European First and Second Teams and will run from March 28 – April 10. In the first two open voting categories, the 1995-98 Chicago Bulls were named the All-Time NBA Dynasty, while the 1998-1999 Toronto Raptors jersey won the All-Time NBA Jersey.