The 2020-21 NBA All-Defensive First and Second Teams have been released, as announced by the league.
All-Defensive First Team:
- Milwaukee Bucks’ Giannis Antetokounmpo, (135 points; 43 first Team votes)
- Utah Jazz’s Rudy Gobert (Defensive Player of the Year), (200 points; 100 First Team votes)
- Golden State Warriors’ Draymond Green, (176 points; 80 First Team votes)
- Bucks’ Jrue Holiday, (157 points; 65 First Team votes)
- Philadelphia 76ers’ Ben Simmons, (200 points; 100 First Team votes)
All-Defensive Second Team:
- Miami Heat’s Bam Adebayo, (111 points)
- Heat’s Jimmy Butler, (111 points)
- 76ers’ Joel Embiid, (87 points)
- Los Angeles Clippers’ Kawhi Leonard, (43 points)
- 76ers’ Matisse Thybulle, (63 points)
Gobert and Simmons each received 100 first place votes for a perfect 200/200 total points.
This is the fifth straight season that Gobert has been named to the All-Defensive First Team, while this is the second straight First Team selection for Simmons.
Green has now been selected to the First Team four times to go along with two Second Team honors.
Holiday is a First Team honoree for the second time, while his teammate Antetokounmpo earned his third consecutive First Team selection.
Players were awarded two points for a First Team vote and one point for a Second Team vote.
Voters selected two guards, two forwards and one center for each team.
The full voting results are below:
Other players who received votes by position: