NBA.com had their 18th annual GM survey in which the league’s decision-makers responded to 50 different questions about the best teams, players, coaches, fans and offseason moves.
General managers were not allowed to vote for their own team or personnel.
Percentages are based on the pool of answers to that particular question, rather than all 30 GMs’ response.
Here are some of the survey questions and answers.
Which team will win the 2020 NBA Finals?
- L.A. Clippers — 46%
- Milwaukee Bucks — 36%
- L.A. Lakers — 11%
Also receiving votes: Golden State Warriors, Portland Trail Blazers
Rank the top four teams in the Eastern Conference
- Milwaukee Bucks — 37% Total
- Philadelphia 76ers — 30% Total
- Boston Celtics — 17% Total
- Brooklyn Nets (tied with Toronto Raptors) — 5% Total
Rank the top four teams in the Western Conference
- L.A. Clippers — 34% Total
- Denver Nuggets — 18% Total
- L.A. Lakers — 17% Total
- Utah Jazz — 14% Total
Who will win the 2019-20 Kia MVP?
- Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee — 52%
- Stephen Curry, Golden State (tied with Anthony Davis, Los Angeles Lakers and Kawhi Leonard, LA Clippers) — 10%
5. Nikola Jokic, Denver — 7%
Also receiving votes: James Harden, Houston; LeBron James, L.A. Lakers; Damian Lillard, Portland
Which player is most likely to have a breakout season in 2019-20?
- De’Aaron Fox, Sacramento — 19%
- Jaren Jackson Jr., Memphis (tied with Jayson Tatum, Boston) — 11%
4. Brandon Ingram, New Orleans (tied with Jamal Murray, Denver) — 7%
Also receiving votes: Bam Adebayo, Miami; Lonzo Ball, New Orleans; Devin Booker, Phoenix; Wendell Carter Jr., Chicago; Zach Collins, Portland; Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Oklahoma City; LeBron James, L.A. Lakers; Dejounte Murray, San Antonio; Julius Randle, New York; Tomas Satoransky, Chicago; Pascal Siakam, Toronto; Zion Williamson, New Orleans
If you were starting a franchise today and could sign any player in the NBA, who would it be?
- Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee — 86%
- Anthony Davis, L.A. Lakers (tied with Luka Doncic, Dallas) — 7%
Which team made the best overall moves this offseason?
- L.A. Clippers — 82%
- New Orleans Pelicans — 11%
Also receiving votes: Brooklyn Nets, Utah Jazz
What was the most underrated player acquisition?
- Mike Conley, Utah — 36%
- Bojan Bogdanovic, Utah — 14%
- Malcolm Brogdon, Indiana (tied with Jerami Grant, Denver) — 11%
- Tomas Satoransky, Chicago — 7%
Also receiving votes: Lonzo Ball, New Orleans; Derrick Favors, New Orleans; Danny Green, L.A. Lakers; Chris Paul, Oklahoma City; J.J. Redick, New Orleans; Josh Richardson, Philadelphia
Which team will be most improved in 2018-19?
- L.A. Lakers — 38%
- Dallas Mavericks — 21%
- L.A. Clippers — 10%
- Atlanta Hawks (tied with Brooklyn Nets, Chicago Bulls and New Orleans Pelicans) — 7%
8. New York Knicks — 4%
Rookies & International
Which rookie was the biggest steal at where he was selected in the Draft?
- Nickeil Alexander-Walker (17), New Orleans — 32%
- Brandon Clarke (21), Memphis — 21%
- Goga Bitadze (18), Indiana — 11%
- Bol Bol (44), Denver (tied with Tyler Herro (13), Miami) — 7%
Also receiving votes: Darius Bazley (23), Oklahoma City; Nicolas Claxton (31), Brooklyn; Daniel Gafford (38), Chicago; Darius Garland (5), Cleveland; Nassir Little (25), Portland; Cameron Reddish (10), Atlanta … but where’s Carsen Edwards??
Who is the best international player in the NBA?
- Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee — 79%
- Nikola Jokic, Denver — 14%
- Luka Doncic, Dallas — 7%
Who is the best international player NOT in the NBA?
- Nikola Mirotic, FC Barcelona — 55%
- Nando de Colo, Fenerbahce — 21%
- Sergio Llull, Real Madrid — 17%
Also receiving votes: Deni Avdija, Maccabi Tel Aviv; Jan Vesely, Fenerbahce
Who is the best defensive player in the NBA?
- Kawhi Leonard, L.A. Clippers — 45%
- Rudy Gobert, Utah — 28%
- Draymond Green, Golden State — 10%
- Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee (tied with Paul George, L.A. Clippers) — 7%
6. Anthony Davis, LA Lakers — 3%
Which is the best defensive team in the NBA?
- L.A. Clippers — 52%
- Utah Jazz — 24%
- Milwaukee Bucks — 17%
- Philadelphia 76ers — 7%
Who is the best head coach in the NBA?
- Gregg Popovich, San Antonio — 55%
- Erik Spoelstra, Miami — 17%
- Mike Budenholzer, Milwaukee — 10%
- Steve Kerr, Golden State — 7%
Also receiving votes: Steve Clifford, Orlando; Doc Rivers, LA Clippers; Quin Snyder, Utah
Which head coach runs the best offense?
- Steve Kerr, Golden State — 38%
- Mike Budenholzer, Milwaukee (tied with Mike D’Antoni, Houston and Terry Stotts, Portland) — 14%
5. Michael Malone, Denver (tied with Nick Nurse, Toronto and Quin Snyder, Utah) — 7%
Which head coach has the best defensive schemes?
- Quin Snyder, Utah — 28%
- Mike Budenholzer, Milwaukee — 24%
- Nate McMillan, Indiana (tied with Gregg Popovich, San Antonio, Doc Rivers, L.A. Clippers, Erik Spoelstra, Miami and Brad Stevens, Boston) — 7%
Also receiving votes: Kenny Atkinson, Brooklyn; Dwane Casey, Detroit; Steve Clifford, Orlando; Nick Nurse, Toronto
Which new or relocated head coach will make the biggest impact on his new team?
- Monty Williams, Phoenix — 43%
- Frank Vogel, L.A. Lakers — 21%
- Luke Walton, Sacramento — 18%
- John Beilein, Cleveland — 11%
- Taylor Jenkins, Memphis — 7%
Which team is the most fun to watch?
- Denver Nuggets — 31%
- New Orleans Pelicans — 21%
- Golden State Warriors — 17%
- Milwaukee Bucks — 10%
- Portland Trail Blazers — 7%
Also receiving votes: Houston Rockets, L.A. Clippers, L.A. Lakers, Sacramento Kings
Which team has the best home-court advantage?
- Denver Nuggets — 38%
- Utah Jazz (tied with Golden State Warriors) — 24%
4. Portland Trail Blazers — 7%
Which team has the most promising young core?
- New Orleans Pelicans — 28%
- Denver Nuggets — 24%
- Atlanta Hawks — 17%
- Sacramento Kings — 10%
- Philadelphia 76ers — 7%
Also receiving votes: Boston Celtics, Chicago Bulls, Dallas Mavericks, Memphis Grizzlies