Basketball is a physically demanding sport that requires a lot of running, jumping, and pivoting, putting a significant amount of pressure on the feet. This can lead to various foot problems, including bunions. A bunion is a bony bump that forms at the base of the big toe and can cause significant pain and discomfort.
In this article, we will be taking a look at the top 6 NBA legends who suffers from the bunion condition.
- Shaquille O’Neal: Shaquille O’Neal is widely regarded as one of the greatest basketball players of all time. However, his career was not without injury, and he suffered from bunions during his playing days. He has even spoken about his struggles with foot pain and had to undergo surgery to correct his bunions. Despite the pain, he was able to play through it and have a successful career.
- LeBron James: If you have ever seen LeBron James feet before, then you will know that the star-player has bunions. This has been backed by Dr. Kevin Kirby, a Sacramento-based podiatrist with almost four decades of experience.
- Charles Barkley: Charles Barkley is another NBA legend who suffered from bunions. He played for 16 seasons in the NBA and was known for his aggressive style of play. However, he had to undergo surgery to remove a bunion on his right foot in 1997. He has since recovered and has been an advocate for athletes to take care of their feet to prevent such injuries.
- Tim Duncan: Tim Duncan is a retired NBA player who is widely regarded as one of the greatest power forwards of all time. He played for 19 seasons in the NBA and won five championships during his career. However, he also suffered from bunions, and he underwent surgery to correct them. Despite the injury, he continued to play at a high level and had a successful career.
- Kevin Love: Kevin Love is a current NBA player who has struggled with foot problems throughout his career. He has dealt with multiple foot injuries, including a bunion that required surgery in 2018. Despite the setbacks, he continues to play at a high level and is still considered one of the best power forwards in the league.
- Dirk Nowitzki: Dirk Nowitzki is a retired NBA player who played for 21 seasons and is widely regarded as one of the best power forwards in the history of the league. He suffered from bunions throughout his career and even underwent surgery to correct them. However, he was able to play through the pain and continue to be a dominant force in the league.
In conclusion, bunions are a common foot problem among NBA players, and they can be quite painful and debilitating. Despite the challenges, these players were able to overcome the pain and continue to play at a high level. It is important for all athletes to take care of their feet to prevent such injuries, including wearing the right shoes and taking breaks when needed. In the end, taking care of one’s feet is essential for a long and successful career in the NBA.