In their last home game before jetting to London to face the New York Knicks on Thursday, the Milwaukee Bucks hosted a special ‘London night’ on Friday.
Fans packed into the BMO Harris Bradley Center to celebrate everything British, and the night was truly a great success as the Bucks topped the visiting Minnesota Timberwolves 98-84.
“There certainly is a growing passion and enthusiasm for basketball in Great Britain,” said Joe Prunty, Bucks assistant coach and head coach of Great Britain’s national team.
“It is great to have the Milwaukee Bucks and the city of Milwaukee represented in the U.K. at the NBA Global Games. It is also exciting to share a little bit of our experience with the fans at home even before we head over to play in London’s The O2 arena.”
Special elements for the night included:
– First 10,000 adult fans received a limited edition English soccer-style Bucks scarf
– Pre-game entertainment in atriums and Leinie’s Lodge
o Shattered (Rolling Stones cover band) – East Atrium
o Substitute (The Who cover band) – West Atrium
o Rockin Fenderskits (Covers variety of British artists) – Leinie’s Lodge
– Guest PA Announcer: Michael King – British player for Milwaukee Wave
– Halftime act: British Bar Trio – Cirque de Soleil performance group from London
– English-themed contests, prizes and performances by Milwaukee Bucks Dancers, Rim Rockers and the 2014-15 season debut of Bucks Beats presented by Cascio Interstate
– English-themed concessions
o Bangers and Mash (Usinger brat served with mashed potatoes and onion gravy)
o Fish and Chips
Photos courtesy of NBAE/Getty Images