More details regarding NBA investigation into Danuel House Jr.

Photo: Douglas P. DeFelice/Getty Images

More details have emerged in the NBA investigation into Houston Rockets’ Danuel House Jr. for potentially violating “bubble” protocol.

It was reported earlier that House allegedly allowed a female COVID-19 testing official into his hotel room.

The female staff member, who is not believed to be an NBA employee, entered the Rockets team hotel on the night of Sept. 7 and left in the early hours of the next morning.

When the woman was questioned by league security, she claimed that she had contact with Rockets veteran center Tyson Chandler and another player (not House), sources told Shams Charania and Sam Amick of The Athletic.

The entire Rockets team had to enter a quarantine period on Sept. 8 due to possible exposure to coronavirus, but the league turned its focus to House and Chandler.

Those two players missed Game 3 against the Los Angeles Lakers due to “personal reasons”.

House has “vehemently denied” any wrongdoing to the league, but the league says it has evidence that he was involved, via The Athletic.

Chandler has since been cleared by the league’s investigation, but House, who remains in quarantine while the probe continues, has not yet been cleared.

The Rockets and the NBPA have been speaking on House’s behalf, but as Charania and Amick point out, the team and the union are “virtually powerless” in the process, as the NBA is handling all medical and protocol issues.

The NBA’s latest official injury report continues to list House as “out” for Game 4 and his status for the rest of the series could be in jeopardy.

Advertisement