Basketball betting is one of the most lucrative sports betting activities. Generally, punters across the four major sports tend to agree that basketball is one of the easiest to bet on. Players bet on the Euroleague and other interesting competitions. This, alongside the fact that bettors can make a lot of money from betting on basketball makes its a favorite bet zone for many punters.
However, there are several unscrupulous sites and establishments out there looking to pull a fast one on punters and bettors need to be extra careful in order to ensure that their basket betting experience is scam free. From this article guide, you will learn some tips on how you can ensure that you don’t get into the wrong hands regarding your betting endeavors on basketball. From this guide, we will examine some of the tell-tale signs of scam sites and establishments. We will also consider proactive steps you can take in order to keep yourself safe from scams from betting on basketball. Since the most important aspect of betting is staying safe and making profits, this page explains safe betting sites where you can experience scam-free basketball betting experience.
How to Identify A Scam When You See One
In the past, you can most likely sometimes tell if you are running into a scam when engaging in basketball betting. However, with the progress in technology, it is becoming increasingly difficult for punters to tell the difference between scams and legit basketball betting sites. In the following bullet points, we are going to examine some of the signs you can look out for in order to find out if a basketball sportsbook is scam or not.
- License: Licensing should be the most important thing any punter should look out for when engaging in basketball betting. This is because licensing is like an official stamp that signifies that a sportsbook or betting establishment is permitted to operate and function as one. In most cases, therefore, the licensing certificate is usually the first thing you will find on most sportsbooks as soon as you access them. Where this is not the case, you need to be wary before going ahead to deal with the bookmaker, otherwise, you would be open to the risk of a scam.
- “Too good to be true offers”: The common saying about scams appearing in offers that are too good to be true may help you stay away from scams when engaging in basketball betting. Scam artists usually hide behind the facade of mouth-watering offers in order to entice unsuspecting punters. If you happen to come across offers that seem too good to be true, then it is advisable that you get your guard up and avoid it as much as you can.
- Shoddy looking website: Another way you can protect yourself against scams when betting on basketball is to pay attention to the website you are on. How professional does it look? Often, scam artists who perpetrate their practices by cloning legitimate websites may not have the kind of time and resources to make their websites look as sound and professional as the original website, and if you are careful enough, you will be able to identify the disparity.
- Fixed Match Odds mongers: Match fixing is a serious offence and it is pretty common in many sports, and it is not hard to spot in basketball betting as well. There are a lot of people on the internet and otherwise who claim to have access to fixed matches and are looking to sell them to you. Do not fall for these. These are usually hoaxes, and they are only looking to profit from your lack of knowing better.
How to Keep Yourself from Scam While Betting on Basketball
It has been mentioned earlier in this article that the major aim of betting on basketball is to make profits, and the only way you get to stay in profit as a punter is by betting in a safe environment. Thus, how can you learn to keep yourself free of scams while you go about enjoying and profiting from what you love to do? In this new few points, we will examine some of the steps you should imbibe as a punter to make your experience scam-free as much as possible.
- Stay within known and established bookmakers Only: You can hardly ever go wrong if you pitch your tent within sport-books that have stood the test of time. Their integrity has been proven overtime, and you can be certain that your personal and financial details are safe and secure.
- Ensure to check reviews: There are several sites that are dedicated to reviews of bookmakers and also places where you can find what other players are talking about a bookmaker. It is highly recommended that you find out the general opinion about a site before going ahead to start playing with them.
- Learn to avoid cold callings: Cold callings usually come in the way of solicitations through unwarranted calls, messages, or emails. It is suggested that you completely ignore this line of marketing as it turns out usually to be scam artists behind the curtain.
- Trust your instincts and don’t bend to pressure: Usually, your instincts might pick up the signals and hint you that something is wrong. In this case, it is better to be safe than sorry and it is advisable that you learn to trust your instincts and conduct your due diligence instead of bending or succumbing to undue pressure.
Conclusion: Enjoy a Scam-free Basketball Betting
Betting on basketball is no doubt a pleasurable, exciting, and rewarding experience for most punters. As a matter of fact, The American Gaming Association (AGA) estimates that consumers will wager $8.5 billion on the 2019 NCAA men’s basketball tournament. However, this can be marred if you constantly into the wrong hands and get scammed frequently. This doesn’t have to be the case, and you can learn to identify and avoid scams and even go ahead to beat the bookies.