Milwaukee Bucks Greek prodigy Giannis Antetokounmpo had been voted as the best international player in the NBA by the league’s general managers.
The Greek international saw his minutes rise from 31.4 to 35.1 last season and he has not disappointed as he shot a career-high 50.6 percent from the field, averaging 16.9 points and 7.7 rebounds.
Memphis Grizzlies big man Marc Gasol finished second with Dallas Mavericks’ resident German Dirk Nowitzki, third.
Who is the best international player in the NBA?
1. Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee – 27.6%
2. Marc Gasol, Memphis – 24.1%
3. Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas – 22.4%
4. Kristaps Porzingis, New York – 12.1%
5. Pau Gasol, San Antonio – 6.9%
Also receiving votes: Rudy Gobert, Utah; Andrew Wiggins, Minnesota
Last year: Marc Gasol – 62.1%