TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: 2010 World Cup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(Jun 14, 2010, 7:21 pm)Vilius Wrote: [ -> ]Germany was the best team so far. Even though I don't support them, I have to admit that the game was a joy to behold.

So far in other games it seems that the teams are afraid to lose the first game. They are too cautious.

Guys, seriously, they were playing against Australia! And scored half the goals after their opponents lost their best player.

If tomorrow Brazil beats North Korea 5-0 [of course this could never happen], will that make them the best? There is a saying here: "They shave the groom at the end". And as our favourite coach says "Patience".
I want north Korea to win Biggrin I love sensations and that one can be the biggest ever seen
(Jun 14, 2010, 2:14 pm)MaccabiTA Wrote: [ -> ]Finally a good game... poor Austarlia coallpsed after the red card, could've been 6-0, 7-0..

I had a final exam today (began right when the Holland-Denmark game started) so I rushed myself and finished a 2:45 long test in 1 hour Laugh the game's not dissapointing so far

The test was really easy, too bad they put it right on Holland...couldn't they have delayed it a few hours to Japan-Cameroon? Laugh
North Korea is on the cutting edge of training schedules

From Jong Tae-Se (North Korean striker playing in evil Japanese League driving a Hammer)

Quote: In a blog posting May 24, Jong recalled a stop during a trip from Switzerland to Austria, when his teammates headed to the men's room and then came rushing out in consternation. They had not expected a pay toilet.

"I laughed a little seeing this. Then they turned to me and said, 'This is truly what capitalist society is like", Jong wrote.

He used to have a hard time with the way his teammates would handle his personal possessions, especially his cellphone. With time, he learned that he needed to allow them to use his Nintendo and PlayStation to build goodwill within the team. "It has taken a lot to accept their culture," he told reporters in South Africa.
GGGGGOOOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLL !!!!
Via BBC News

Quote:Somali Islamists Threaten World Cup TV Viewers

Somali militants have threatened football fans they will be publicly flogged – or worse – if they are caught watching the World Cup on TV.

Gangs of Islamists are reported to be patrolling the areas they control looking for people watching games. Dedicated fans are watching matches in secret, or in the few areas controlled by government forces.

On Saturday militants killed two people as they attacked a house where people were watching a game. Militant group Hizbul-Islam also arrested 10 others at the house north-east of the capital Mogadishu where fans were watching the game between Argentina and Nigeria.

What can one say? Maybe they are fierce basketball fans? Crazy
OMG they're sick Tongue

Though the level of the world cup so far does make watching it some kind of a crime
At last won my 1st WC bet!

No, I wasn't brave enough to bet on Switzerland, I did at live bet only after 1-0. But still Pleasantry
Congrats Biggrin

Spain lost Sad but it's just the first game...

Another typical 1-0... damn that world cup sux
I really don't like this cup so far...
combination of not many goals and those Vuvuzelas makes it the worst world cup I've seen in my life (I didn't watch many world cups but still Tongue)
Agree. I remember France, Japan-SK and Germany, and damn... this IS the worst.

I was watching Brazil the other day. I fell a sleep in the first half... damn, but that is Brazil!
(Jun 16, 2010, 6:37 pm)MaccabiTA Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats Biggrin

Thanks.

South Africa-Uruguay was weird for me. I had bet 1-0 correct score on Uruguay but also have Forlan as top scorer of WC from the beginning of the tournament at an outrageous odds, so no harm done I guess.

I love Uruguayan defence, in all WCs... simply amazing.
Nigerian c*nt! Star-wars2

Now wake up Rehaggel and put Ninis in...
GGGGOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLL !!!

first goal ever in a World Cup !!!

Biggrin

EDIT: Oh my god what a double chance by both teams...

Rehaggel wake up idiot, take out that sissy Tziolis and put in Ninis!!!
GET IN THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!

First goals was Greece and first win for Greece !!!

This is real Greece, not the one which showed up against South Korea!

[Image: SPARTAN_SHIELD.jpg]
No offense, but they destroyed Korea only after the red card...
Yeah that was a good show this time, I wasn't pleased that we didn't score AT LEAST another couple of goals. Unacceptable. Anyhow we'll have a humbling time with Argentina, unless we bribe Maradona with a few kilos of coke for them to give the game to us Rofl3
(Jun 17, 2010, 5:02 pm)Led00 Wrote: [ -> ]No offense, but they destroyed Korea only after the red card...

You probably mean Nigeria. I don't care how it was done. Just happy it did. A Nigerian was stupid enough to kick an opponent, so be it.

(Jun 17, 2010, 5:06 pm)ZEUS Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah that was a good show this time, I wasn't pleased that we didn't score AT LEAST another couple of goals. Unacceptable. Anyhow we'll have a humbling time with Argentina, unless we bribe Maradona with a few kilos of coke for them to give the game to us Rofl3

Nigeria has one of the best goalkeepers around. Did you see what he saved vs Argentina? He will probably be the difference between Argentina's opponents. South Korea and Greece don't have such a GK, S. Korea already got 4 today... Greece could get more... Huh
Exactly, and with the dumb ass commentators on the first game that S. Korea "wasn't all that", so wtf where we? Biggrin

Below zero more like Rofl3

Like I said before, I'm expecting Argentina to obliterate us 15,20-0, although I would be happy if they didn't beat us with a double digit score Tongue

C'mon basketball World Cup! I have a team there that I can be proud of! Rofl3
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6