TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: Zalgiris Kaunas 2010/2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Zalgiris got Marjanovic... so Zalgiris must know they are losing Begic...
Mirza Begic could have reached an agreement with Real Madrid

Mirza is a good player but Real already has two good centers( Tomic and Fischer). Maybe Messina is anticipating on an possible departure of Tomic next season. But it could also be that Messina isn't happy with the players that he has and he finds that he needs a couple of new players
I think the move of Boban Marjanovic is good move for both Zalgiris as for Marjanovic himself.

Zalgiris needs a bigman after the departure of Begic and they get a young promising basketball player in Marjanovic. Marjanovic will get enough playing time to develop and show everybody how good he can be.

Dusko Vujosevic sometimes gave him playing time and then you show flashes of his potential but with the departure of Dusko Vujosevic, his minutes decreased. Dusko Vujosevic would have made a good bigman out of Marjanovic.

But I believe that he will be good for Zalgiris and that he will develop every well. He'll help them win games and make sure that the lose of Begic isn't felt that hard
Well Zalgiris got new center from CSKA Boban Marjanovic (22 years and 222 cm)... so Begic is not welcomed anymore....
I wish Zalgiris and Marjanovic the best together. This could be a good relationship.

I'm hoping that a decision about Begic and who his new club will come very soon

Hopefully they get some money for him
According to this article Zalgiris has interest in bringing Mire Chatman over.

I don't know if this would be a good deal for Zalgiris. He ain't a bad player but he ain't a team first player. He ain't better than Kalnietis and Delininkaitis. And I don't think he wants to come of the bench, he wants to be the star on the team and at Zalgiris he won't be.

http://www.eurobasket.lt/lt/naujienos/59...m.chatmanu
Any more news about Mirza Begic?
It seems that Zalgiris is prepared to talk with the clubs that are interested in Begic and let him go for a buy-out. However, that would work if his contract wasn't terminated as it's now (whether he or his agents were right to do that or not is another matter and until it's solved by a court his contract remains terminated).

As Kenneth23 posted in another thread, Zalgiris is now claiming that they will demand a compensation from Begic for his unilateral termination of the contract.

Regarding Begic himself, there are no news about his future. He's wanted by a couple of clubs but can't move until Zalgiris lets him go.

Now about the future of Zalgiris this season. Some rumours say that the club reached an agreement with Kemzura to be a head coach but only for next season so that means that Grigas is staying as a head coach till the end of this season. I was sure that he will stay in any case. The only slight surprise for me was that Zalgiris indeed talked to a potential candidate (Kemzura). Of course they declared publicly that there several coaches that they are interested in. Same BS as always except that in this case there was one candidate instead of none.

As I said many times before, Zalgiris will fail yet again in TOP 16 with a pathetic coach. I can even go further and say that after this failure Zalgiris will win LKL, probably rather easily and then Grigas will be delighted thinking that he's a good coach. It must be annoying for you to read my complaints about the coach but how many years can the same "strategy" last? Is the club run by morons?

I don't see any point in discussing certain players now because the coach uses probably 50-60% of their ability anyway.
I don;t think Grigas is pathetic coach. Actually it can't be worse than Aco who had his rotation no matter what happens on the court. Grigas is exactly not the worse decision maker when the game is started.

I think it would be very good if Kurtinaitis would return to Rytas next season and Zalgiris could get Kemzura.
I hope that the whole case about Begic will be cleared very soon and that Zalgiris gets a very good compensation for him, so that they can get another player.

The hire of Kemzura would be great for Zalgiris, he is a much better coach than Grigas. I think if everything will work out( new coach, good new players,etc.) the future will be bright for Zalgiris
will they get any compensation for begic at all? if it turns out that the agent fees were not paid they may end up empty-handed
If it turns out that the agent fees were not paid than I don't know what is going to happen. But if there were paid and Begic doesn't come back he will have to pay a buy-out of his contract or the team that wants him has to pay it. Or otherwise he'll be released but he will have to pay a big compensation to Zalgiris for all the work,time and money they have put in him
Zalgiris is close to losing one more player due to extraordinary circumstances. Kaunodiena.lt reports that the team's captain Dainius Salenga has been suspended by FIBA after a positive doping test result in his urine sample taken on December 23, 2010 after Euroleague game against Khimki. As TalkBasket.net reported, Zalgiris lost Mirza Begic who terminated the contract unilaterally.

Methylhexanamine which is an illegal substance according to WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency) rules has been found in Salenga's A sample. The player has the right to ask the B sample to be tested. The deadline for his decision whether to ask for B sample to be examined is January 10.

At the moment Salenga is banned from playing in all national and international competitions until the final decision is made. Zalgiris has publicly distanced itself from the case stating the club's medical staff has not given any illegal substances to Salenga. The club also decided not to let Salenga train with the club since the ban was upheld.

The 33-year-old veteran averaged 4.8 points, 1.6 rebounds and 1.1 assists per game in Euroleague this season.

http://www.talkbasket.net/news/dainius-s...-3977.html

http://www.lithuaniabasketball.com/news-...ulant.html

http://www.zalgiris.lt/LT/naujienos/zinutes/6253/
[quote name='Kenneth23' timestamp='1294424803' post='27465']

Zalgiris is close to losing one more player due to extraordinary circumstances. Kaunodiena.lt reports that the team's captain Dainius Salenga has been suspended by FIBA after a positive doping test result in his urine sample taken on December 23, 2010 after Euroleague game against Khimki. As TalkBasket.net reported, Zalgiris lost Mirza Begic who terminated the contract unilaterally.

Methylhexanamine which is an illegal substance according to WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency) rules has been found in Salenga's A sample. The player has the right to ask the B sample to be tested. The deadline for his decision whether to ask for B sample to be examined is January 10.

At the moment Salenga is banned from playing in all national and international competitions until the final decision is made. Zalgiris has publicly distanced itself from the case stating the club's medical staff has not given any illegal substances to Salenga. The club also decided not to let Salenga train with the club since the ban was upheld.

The 33-year-old veteran averaged 4.8 points, 1.6 rebounds and 1.1 assists per game in Euroleague this season.

http://www.talkbasket.net/news/dainius-s...-3977.html

http://www.lithuaniabasketball.com/news-...ulant.html

http://www.zalgiris.lt/LT/naujienos/zinutes/6253/

[/quote]

More crap from WADA another drug that should "probably" not be banned.
We"ll have to wait till the result of the B sample. I hope for Zalgiris and Salenga that everything turns out well and that he can play again
Elias Zouros is currently in Kaunas and he is negotiating with the administration of Zalgiris Kaunas to take up the head coach position. Rimantas Grigas won't stay as head coach and Elias Zouros seems to be a good choice for Zalgiris to start the Top-16 of the Euroleague.

Zouros was the head coach of Panellinios last season but when the team's budget was reduced to half of what it was and there were no financial guarantees he chose not to stay with them. He had a good run with Panellinios leading the team from the Qualifying stages of the Eurocup all the way to the Final 4. He has also coached Aris Thessaloniki, Racing Paris and Olympiakos for a short period. He has been a free agent since the beginning of the season.

http://www.sport.gr/default.asp?pid=4&aid=83766
According to some Lithuanian press, it is Rytas who is interested in him...
[quote name='Black Urum' timestamp='1294672401' post='27531']

According to some Lithuanian press, it is Rytas who is interested in him...

[/quote]

*According to the press owned by Romanov.

Zouros would have been much better option than Grigas anyway. If Zalgiris indeed negotiated with Zouros then the article by kaunodiena.lt is probably a sign that the negotiations didn't got well. In other words Zouros didn't want to be owner's sheep. Soon the whole Europe will know about Romanov's methods and it won't help attract any quality coach (they wouldn't try doing that anyway ... ever).

In a recent interview Kurtinaitis said that he had some talks with Romanov in summer but, according to Kurtinaitis, "there were many details related to his work as a coach that he didn't like". Knowing recent history of Zalgiris those "details" are more than easy to guess.
You're right Vilius. Maybe the negotiations didn't went well. Zouros is a good coach and he would have been great for Zalgiris. But I keep on hearing that Zalgiris is still negotiating with Zouros. And that the rumor about him and Rytas is false.

We'll have to wait and see what will happen
Zalgiris Kaunas in advanced talks with Ilias Zouros

http://www.lrytas.lt/-129472393712925658...mpaign=rss
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6