TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: Zalgiris Kaunas 2010/2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Black Urum you're right but Kuzminksas has shown effort and has played good in the LKL. I just don't get it why he doesn't get a change to play in the Euroleague
I can understand if some players whined and bitched about their playing time, like Drazen Petrovic did when he was at Portland, but when Kuzminskas does it... I have one thing to say STFU and train, train and train, and if you train hard enough, you will eventually get your playing time...

Zalgiris is now at 5-3 in Euroleague, after... well I don't even remember when was the last time, and we don't need bitches to ruin the atmosphere in the team...
[quote name='Black Urum' timestamp='1291971036' post='26757']

Zalgiris is now at 5-3 in Euroleague, after... well I don't even remember when was the last time, and we don't need bitches to ruin the atmosphere in the team...

[/quote]

Actually, it wasn't so long ago. In 2005-2006 Zalgiris was 6-2 after eight games [url="http://www.euroleague.net/main/results/by-group?gamenumber=2&phasetypecode=RS%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20&seasoncode=E2005"]http://www.euroleague.net/main/results/by-group?gamenumber=2&phasetypecode=RS%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20&seasoncode=E2005[/url]
Finally [url="http://www.talkbasket.net/news/aco-petrovic-fired-by-zalgiris-3924.html"]Aco Petrovic was fired by Zalgiris[/url]

Knowing Zalgiris management, Grigas will not be an interim coach but he will be the new head coach. He will be a better option for Zalgiris than Petrovic and some people actually think that Grigas is EL level but I don't. Of course he will have a chance to prove me wrong.

Once I heard that Grigas joined Zalgiris as sports director I knew where it was going.
I'm applying for the vacant Sports Director position...
There are rumors that Marcus Brown could retire and become a coach. He could become assistentcoach or headcoach of Zalgiris. I think Brown could be a very good coach because of his experince,leadership and his band with the players
WTF doesn't Zalgiris get rid of him once for all FFS?!?!

Next season sack all 4 Americans (Brown, Collins, Samhan, Watson) and spend that money on two top class European guard and big guy.
It would be great to see him as the headcoach. Why is there no respect for Brown?
Why should there be? did he earn respect as a head coach? He was a disastrous head coach for some months last year...

And who the hell is Brown to start his career as head in a EL team?

Scott Skiles and Mike D'Antoni started lower than him in Europe ffs...
I have my opinion and you have your opinion. but so don't have get mad because I'm just saying my opinion. I just think that he could be a great coach that's all. Maybe he won't be headcoach of Zalgiris, it's just a rumor
Not mad at all. Just don't like the preferential treatment of some people based on their reputation, name, history whatever.

There is a word for that: [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nepotism"]Nepotism[/url]
[quote name='Kenneth23' timestamp='1292601916' post='26998']

I have my opinion and you have your opinion. but so don't have get mad because I'm just saying my opinion. I just think that he could be a great coach that's all. Maybe he won't be headcoach of Zalgiris, it's just a rumor

[/quote]

I am not sure what is the source of the rumour that your quoting but Brown will not be a head coach (I wouldn't bet all my money on that with Romanov pulling the strings though). He is now player/assistant coach for the last month or so. That's his official position. So my guess that the rumour you are posting was created by someone who just wanted to create a speculation or due to mistranslation somewhere.

However, Brown could possibly become the head coach in the coming years due to Romanov's "love". Brown told in an interview a couple of months ago that he wants to stay with the team for a few more years and help. To me it's very clear that he will be given assistant coach's position, in fact he is already holding that position, and when Romanov gets bored, he will get his chance as a head coach. Simple as that. I totally agree with Black Urum that Brown doesn't deserve to be a head coach but that's not the criteria that Zalgiris uses when choosing a head coach. In the past the main criterion was 150% "loyalty" to Zalgiris and minimal price. Since the arrival of Romanov the main criteria are 150% loyalty to Romanov and "no spine" or to put it in other words - do whatever the "boss" tells you to do. Such things as reputation, professionalism, experience etc. are meaningless and often are the main obstacle since they don't match with the criteria previously mentioned.

Back on topic about who's going to be the new head coach. It's hard to guess the exact name if Romanov decides that Grigas is not good enough. And he really isn't good enough. Many people are dreaming about Kazlauskas or Kemzura. Kazlauskas will not come because he won't listen to Romanov's orders. So there won't be any offer made to him. But as usually the management will say the opposite as they always do. I am not sure about Kemzura in this situation. There were some potential signs that Romanov could be considering Kemzura's candidature. Kemzura is young and his career is on the rise this year. So he could be tempted by the offer. Kaunas is his home town, there are 5 player from the NT in Zalgiris roster etc. Besides he stayed at the club who was rigging games in Russia.

Then there are foreign coaches. There are some big names on the market but I think that there are more chances to be struck twice by a lighting in the middle of winter than there are chances that Zalgiris will sign a big name coach. So it could only be Petrovic-type of coach. Another thing about foreign coach that he wouldn't know how Romanov runs his team unlike Lithuanian coaches. Imagine a famous coach who come to the team and receives orders from the owner how the players should train, how many minutes each player must spend on the court etc. Exactly. It won't happen.

While writing this post I thought about Sireika. He reached the bottom already. Maybe Romanov will choose him? That would be even worse than keeping Grigas.

Anyway, if Zalgiris is going to sign a new coach I hope they'll do it soon, not during LKL finals.
Aco was better option for Žalgiris, but Romanov made his action again (and we may see plenty of similar actions)..There are many weird things going around Žalgiris and no one likes Romanov. (lol, even Pocius' fiancee today wrote in her twitter that only one coach in Žalgiris is Romanov himself.)
Agents of Mirza Begic want their client out of Zalgiris

http://www.talkbasket.net/news/agents-of...-3958.html
I just wonder what team want to sign Mirza Begic. I have no clue.
A couple of weeks ago I saw a article that Real Madrid was very interessed in Begic. Maybe he has an offer of them and his agents want to get the money
It seems that Slovenian club Olimpija has already reached an agreement with its former player Mirza Begic and is looking to add him to the roster for the Euroleague Top 16 round
[quote name='Kenneth23' timestamp='1293726869' post='27253']

It seems that Slovenian club Olimpija has already reached an agreement with its former player Mirza Begic and is looking to add him to the roster for the Euroleague Top 16 round

[/quote]

Also Olimpija release K.Pinkney, maybe making free spot in the team.
Olimpija and Pinkney is not official afaik...
Why would Olimpija release one of their best players? I would not understand this move. I hope Begic stays at Zalgiris
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6