TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: 2008/09 European signings and rumours
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
[quote name='"StephanK":23d03c9c']According to Alba GM,Bobby Brown told Alba that he wont continue in the team after he agreed to join Macabi Tel-Aviv

I cant understand how Maccabi singed him.avrege player at best.not really a PG.

Brown is a very good shooter,from 2 pts and 3pts.a player that likes to shoot first and after that to pass the ball,he had games of around 20 shots in a game.his assists are coming just on fast break game.he has very bad decisions on a stand game,not a very good view of the game.

i was very surprised that Maccabi signed him.he was supposed to play alongside Goran Jeretin last year.but because Jeretin was injured so the coach moved him to PG position.and it was not a good idea

Is he going to be a starting SG or a PG in Maccabi?[/quote]

Maccabi needs PG. better that he can score, but PG.

As I understand, Brown was very good as the season goes on and was fantastic in the Play-off.

He has great Summer-League so far.
The biggest signing so far, comes from Moscow:

Khimki signed Carlos Delfino for 3 years, 8.5M Euros.
[quote name='"Roy M":1ys0ogkf'][quote name='"StephanK":1ys0ogkf']According to Alba GM,Bobby Brown told Alba that he wont continue in the team after he agreed to join Macabi Tel-Aviv

Brown is a very good shooter,from 2 pts and 3pts.a player that likes to shoot first and after that to pass the ball,he had games of around 20 shots in a game.his assists are coming just on fast break game.he has very bad decisions on a stand game,not a very good view of the game.

i was very surprised that Maccabi signed him.he was supposed to play alongside Goran Jeretin last year.but because Jeretin was injured so the coach moved him to PG position.and it was not a good idea

As I understand, Brown was very good as the season goes on and was fantastic in the Play-off.

He has great Summer-League so far.[/quote]

So you got the wrong guy.Brown is first a SG and after that maybe a PG.he played as a PG in ALBA just because Jeretin was injured.when we signed him he was supposed to play as SG.

well i didnt like brown so much.yea he improved at the end.but still didn't impress me and a lot of Alba fans didnt like him.

i am surprised that he signed with Maccabi,cos he is not a player for Euroleague.Alba wanted him to stay in the team for next season.but as a player who comes from the bench.as they are signing new PG.
[quote name='"StephanK":12sjsx3z'][quote name='"Roy M":12sjsx3z'][quote name='"StephanK":12sjsx3z']According to Alba GM,Bobby Brown told Alba that he wont continue in the team after he agreed to join Macabi Tel-Aviv

He has great Summer-League so far.[/quote]

So you got the wrong guy.Brown is first a SG and after that maybe a PG.he played as a PG in ALBA just because Jeretin was injured.when we signed him he was supposed to play as SG.

well i didnt like brown so much.yea he improved at the end.but still didn't impress me and a lot of Alba fans didnt like him.

i am surprised that he signed with Maccabi,cos he is not a player for Euroleague.Alba wanted him to stay in the team for next season.but as a player who comes from the bench.as they are signing new PG.[/quote]

He didn't sign in Maccabi. he is a back-up option if Andre Barett will not sign.
No.according to Marco Baldi - Bobby Brown has agreed terms with Maccabi cos Alba has an option on him.but because the cant afford the contract that Maccabi offred(around 400.000 Euros per year) so Alba didn't compare the amount.so Alba oficially rleased him.so he is a Maccabi player
[quote name='"StephanK":3ll5afd9']No.according to Marco Baldi - Bobby Brown has agreed terms with Maccabi cos Alba has an option on him.but because the cant afford the contract that Maccabi offred(around 400.000 Euros per year) so Alba didn't compare the amount.so Alba oficially rleased him.so he is a Maccabi player[/quote]

I just checked Alba's website and Brown was removed from the roster.
[quote name='"StephanK":hjug8yev']No.according to Marco Baldi - Bobby Brown has agreed terms with Maccabi cos Alba has an option on him.but because the cant afford the contract that Maccabi offred(around 400.000 Euros per year) so Alba didn't compare the amount.so Alba oficially rleased him.so he is a Maccabi player[/quote]

I don't care what did Mr. Baldi say.

Brown didn't sign or agree with Maccabi.
[quote name='"Roy M":3u7mkbos']Smith is better then Kinsey. Green had great season in Avellino, Solomon? he is still without a team.[/quote]

Kinsey is a great player. I don't know much about Smith, just his stats, so i can not compare both. Green is a good player but Solomon was too valuable for us. I am still not sure about Green's contribution...
[quote name='"Roy M":2mj0ldts'][quote name='"StephanK":2mj0ldts']No.according to Marco Baldi - Bobby Brown has agreed terms with Maccabi cos Alba has an option on him.but because the cant afford the contract that Maccabi offred(around 400.000 Euros per year) so Alba didn't compare the amount.so Alba oficially rleased him.so he is a Maccabi player[/quote]

Brown didn't sign or agree with Maccabi.[/quote]

What is the intrest of Baldi to say that Brown has agreed with Maccabi?!

Brown will be a Maccabi player soon.
Lottomatica Roma almost signed USA high school star Brandon Jennings. This is interesting. I wonder how much playing time he'll get and what will the first season as a professional would be for him.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.talkbasket.net/news/lottomatica-roma-snap-american-prodigy-brandon-jennings.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">[url="http://www.talkbasket.net/news/lottomat"]http://www.talkbasket.net/news/lottomat[/url] ... nings.html</a><!-- m -->
[quote name='"StephanK":3aa8rnwr'][quote name='"Roy M":3aa8rnwr'][quote name='"StephanK":3aa8rnwr']No.according to Marco Baldi - Bobby Brown has agreed terms with Maccabi cos Alba has an option on him.but because the cant afford the contract that Maccabi offred(around 400.000 Euros per year) so Alba didn't compare the amount.so Alba oficially rleased him.so he is a Maccabi player[/quote]

Brown didn't sign or agree with Maccabi.[/quote]

What is the intrest of Baldi to say that Brown has agreed with Maccabi?!

Brown will be a Maccabi player soon.[/quote]

It's a trick by agents... to use a name of big club to get some more money to their claients...
Zalgiris signed Loren Woods. Nice move for me. Everybody knows that he is too soft and not a figther but he has nice offensive skills and also is good rebounder. I think he will get good stats in Euroleague.
[quote name='"pata":pncm0i2e']Zalgiris signed Loren Woods. Nice move for me. Everybody knows that he is too soft and not a figther but he has nice offensive skills and also is good rebounder. I think he will get good stats in Euroleague.[/quote]

According to some Turkish users in "Interbasket", he is the worse foreigner ever in Pilsen.

Personally, I thing that he is not a bad choice.
No more rumours for Basile, he will stay with Barcelona as well as Haislip with Unicaja.

Unicaja re-signed Berni Rodríguez for 4 seasons.
[quote name='"Cheezdoodle":vfqc25h9']Andre Barrett very close on agreeing terms with Maccabi(minor details,but shoud finalize soon).

Massive addition for Maccabi.Andre is a player that i follow quite close since his freshman year at the Pirates.could be the next big thing in Europe.[/quote]

Welcome, Cheez... Glad to see you here.
Uroš Slokar could be leaving Dynamo Lyubertsy to join Granada.

Papadopoulos could be out of Pamesa Valencia's plans as he asks too much money. Therefore the club is now also interested in Van den Spiegel.
Be?ikta? signed Mario Austin from Benetton Treviso...
1. The cheezedoodle who wrote here about Barrett is [color="#4080FF"]not [/color]the real cheezedoodle from Interbasket!

2. Henri Domercant signed in Siena.
Maccabi's PG saga is near to be solved after Roy Hagay, Maccabi's assistant coach, spoke with Solomo's agent last night.

It looks like (with Solomon you should never know...) that he will play in Maccabi.

the contract had signed by Maccabi 3 weeks ago, and Solomon just has to send it back with his signature.
Zalgiris signed Tadas Klimavicius from AEL 1964. We'll see how much better he became.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22