Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All-Star Slam Dunk Contest 2011
Who is your favorite? Actually no one expects anyone other than the odds on favorite to win it, Blake Griffin. In my opinion he has a unique combination of fury, explosion and power. In the meantime can anyone suggest me a website to occupy my time until the All Star Weekend?
[quote name='jumpshot23' timestamp='1297136647' post='28486']

Who is your favorite? Actually no one expects anyone other than the odds on favorite to win it, Blake Griffin. In my opinion he has a unique combination of fury, explosion and power. In the meantime can anyone suggest me a website to occupy my time until the All Star Weekend?

[/quote]

Betting on Dunk Contest won't enjoy this year. Thanks to Griffin! =)
I totally agree.
Blake Griffin is the favorite to win it but Serge Ibaka could also win it. He's also a very good dunker. It will be an exciting contest
[quote name='Kenneth23' timestamp='1297172661' post='28502']

Blake Griffin is the favorite to win it but Serge Ibaka could also win it. He's also a very good dunker. It will be an exciting contest

[/quote]

I actually think it will be boring. The participants are too big and tall. It's better when smaller guys like Nate Robinson,Spud webb or even Micheal Jordan and Vince Carter. I don't see anyone this year doing this.:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbzBIvXwqEU

OR Dominique Wilkins vs Micheal Jordan (Hint to disable the green comment box click on the up arrow on the lower right)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqPRdzrjW...7366AA1DBA
Dominique Wilkins wasn't small guy. The contest won't be boring. Why does Robinson always have to be in the contest? He's a good dunker but there are other guys who can dunk. Blake Griffin is a dunkingmachine, it's fun to watch. You have to give other players a chance. It's good that it ain't all small players because now tall players can show that they also can make spectacular dunks.
[quote name='Kenneth23' timestamp='1297193004' post='28520']

Dominique Wilkins wasn't small guy. The contest won't be boring. Why does Robinson always have to be in the contest? He's a good dunker but there are other guys who can dunk. Blake Griffin is a dunkingmachine, it's fun to watch. You have to give other players a chance. It's good that it ain't all small players because now tall players can show that they also can make spectacular dunks.

[/quote]

Good points. Yeah my wording was poor. I know Nique was not small. I am a KNICKS fan but I don't want to see Robinson anymore either. I also went to University of Oklahoma so I'm a huge Blake Griffin fan. I saw him in High school and college now NBA. He was always a beast from a young age. He is a Genetic anomaly like Lebron james. To be so big and strong yet agile and fast. I think he has athletic ability BUT maybe not creativity.
[quote name='Raze Lupin' timestamp='1297194168' post='28521']

Good points. Yeah my wording was poor. I know Nique was not small. I am a KNICKS fan but I don't want to see Robinson anymore either. I also went to University of Oklahoma so I'm a huge Blake Griffin fan. I saw him in High school and college now NBA. He was always a beast from a young age. He is a Genetic anomaly like Lebron james. To be so big and strong yet agile and fast. I think he has athletic ability BUT maybe not creativity.

[/quote]

You're right, he could be not creative but I think that he'll surprise everybody. If you see him dunk in a game, he amazes the people everytime. But I think the other guys like McGee, Ibaka and DeRozan could give Blake a lot of competition. It are all four fantastic dunkers. I think DeRozan will make fantastic dunks because he's really a fantastic dunker. I going to enjoy it this year
[quote name='Raze Lupin' timestamp='1297191225' post='28518']OR Dominique Wilkins...[/quote]

Dominique won the Dunk contest in Greek All Star Game of 1996

From my archive:

[Image: 5149981706_7139f248d4_z.jpg]
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Dominique was the human highlight film. He and Jordan are maybe the best dunkers in history.
[quote name='Black Urum' timestamp='1297196565' post='28525']

Dominique won the Dunk contest in Greek All Star Game of 1996

From my archive:

[Image: 5149981706_7139f248d4_z.jpg]

[/quote]

Wow that was amazing find. Do you have any video of the event!? Really cool Black Urum.
[quote name='Kenneth23' timestamp='1297194668' post='28523']

You're right, he could be not creative but I think that he'll surprise everybody. If you see him dunk in a game, he amazes the people everytime. But I think the other guys like McGee, Ibaka and DeRozan could give Blake a lot of competition. It are all four fantastic dunkers. I think DeRozan will make fantastic dunks because he's really a fantastic dunker. I going to enjoy it this year

[/quote]

DeRozan is my bet to win. ;-)
[quote name='Raze Lupin' timestamp='1297199343' post='28532']

Wow that was amazing find. Do you have any video of the event!? Really cool Black Urum.

[/quote]

Sorry, no videos. But I got another photo...

[Image: 5149981638_162b0caa11.jpg]

Phoenix Suns' Gorilla... those days the Greek All Star was very glamourous...
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ex-NBA star D. Williams on Paul-Fury undercard ESPN NBA 0 354 Nov 7, 2021, 4:38 am
Last Post: ESPN NBA
  Inside the Lakers' quest to turn a star-studded roster into a championship team ESPN NBA 0 293 Oct 18, 2021, 4:43 am
  Inside the Lakers' quest to turn a star-studded roster into a championship team ESPN NBA 0 288 Oct 16, 2021, 2:03 am
  Who should go No. 1 in fantasy drafts: Is Nikola Jokic a slam dunk? ESPN NBA 0 288 Sep 24, 2021, 10:01 pm
  Who should go No. 1 in fantasy basketball drafts: Is Nikola Jokic a slam dunk? ESPN NBA 0 291 Sep 23, 2021, 10:22 am