TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: All-Star Slam Dunk Contest 2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who is your favorite? Actually no one expects anyone other than the odds on favorite to win it, Blake Griffin. In my opinion he has a unique combination of fury, explosion and power. In the meantime can anyone suggest me a website to occupy my time until the All Star Weekend?
[quote name='jumpshot23' timestamp='1297136647' post='28486']

Who is your favorite? Actually no one expects anyone other than the odds on favorite to win it, Blake Griffin. In my opinion he has a unique combination of fury, explosion and power. In the meantime can anyone suggest me a website to occupy my time until the All Star Weekend?

[/quote]

Betting on Dunk Contest won't enjoy this year. Thanks to Griffin! =)
I totally agree.
Blake Griffin is the favorite to win it but Serge Ibaka could also win it. He's also a very good dunker. It will be an exciting contest
[quote name='Kenneth23' timestamp='1297172661' post='28502']

Blake Griffin is the favorite to win it but Serge Ibaka could also win it. He's also a very good dunker. It will be an exciting contest

[/quote]

I actually think it will be boring. The participants are too big and tall. It's better when smaller guys like Nate Robinson,Spud webb or even Micheal Jordan and Vince Carter. I don't see anyone this year doing this.:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbzBIvXwqEU

OR Dominique Wilkins vs Micheal Jordan (Hint to disable the green comment box click on the up arrow on the lower right)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqPRdzrjW...7366AA1DBA
Dominique Wilkins wasn't small guy. The contest won't be boring. Why does Robinson always have to be in the contest? He's a good dunker but there are other guys who can dunk. Blake Griffin is a dunkingmachine, it's fun to watch. You have to give other players a chance. It's good that it ain't all small players because now tall players can show that they also can make spectacular dunks.
[quote name='Kenneth23' timestamp='1297193004' post='28520']

Dominique Wilkins wasn't small guy. The contest won't be boring. Why does Robinson always have to be in the contest? He's a good dunker but there are other guys who can dunk. Blake Griffin is a dunkingmachine, it's fun to watch. You have to give other players a chance. It's good that it ain't all small players because now tall players can show that they also can make spectacular dunks.

[/quote]

Good points. Yeah my wording was poor. I know Nique was not small. I am a KNICKS fan but I don't want to see Robinson anymore either. I also went to University of Oklahoma so I'm a huge Blake Griffin fan. I saw him in High school and college now NBA. He was always a beast from a young age. He is a Genetic anomaly like Lebron james. To be so big and strong yet agile and fast. I think he has athletic ability BUT maybe not creativity.
[quote name='Raze Lupin' timestamp='1297194168' post='28521']

Good points. Yeah my wording was poor. I know Nique was not small. I am a KNICKS fan but I don't want to see Robinson anymore either. I also went to University of Oklahoma so I'm a huge Blake Griffin fan. I saw him in High school and college now NBA. He was always a beast from a young age. He is a Genetic anomaly like Lebron james. To be so big and strong yet agile and fast. I think he has athletic ability BUT maybe not creativity.

[/quote]

You're right, he could be not creative but I think that he'll surprise everybody. If you see him dunk in a game, he amazes the people everytime. But I think the other guys like McGee, Ibaka and DeRozan could give Blake a lot of competition. It are all four fantastic dunkers. I think DeRozan will make fantastic dunks because he's really a fantastic dunker. I going to enjoy it this year
[quote name='Raze Lupin' timestamp='1297191225' post='28518']OR Dominique Wilkins...[/quote]

Dominique won the Dunk contest in Greek All Star Game of 1996

From my archive:

[Image: 5149981706_7139f248d4_z.jpg]
Dominique was the human highlight film. He and Jordan are maybe the best dunkers in history.
[quote name='Black Urum' timestamp='1297196565' post='28525']

Dominique won the Dunk contest in Greek All Star Game of 1996

From my archive:

[Image: 5149981706_7139f248d4_z.jpg]

[/quote]

Wow that was amazing find. Do you have any video of the event!? Really cool Black Urum.
[quote name='Kenneth23' timestamp='1297194668' post='28523']

You're right, he could be not creative but I think that he'll surprise everybody. If you see him dunk in a game, he amazes the people everytime. But I think the other guys like McGee, Ibaka and DeRozan could give Blake a lot of competition. It are all four fantastic dunkers. I think DeRozan will make fantastic dunks because he's really a fantastic dunker. I going to enjoy it this year

[/quote]

DeRozan is my bet to win. ;-)
[quote name='Raze Lupin' timestamp='1297199343' post='28532']

Wow that was amazing find. Do you have any video of the event!? Really cool Black Urum.

[/quote]

Sorry, no videos. But I got another photo...

[Image: 5149981638_162b0caa11.jpg]

Phoenix Suns' Gorilla... those days the Greek All Star was very glamourous...