Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hottest basketball arenas
i think the homecourts of ARIS[Alexandreio] in Thessaloniki,of Macabi Telaviv[Nokia arena] of Fortitudo[paladoza] in Bologna, of Zandar [Jazine] in Zandar Croatia is the hottest arenas in Europe with grazy crazy fans....the others????
Zalgiris has the best fans in the world (that's many players' opinon). Although it is only nearly 5,000 seat arena but the atmosphere is always amazing. The fans are very supportive. Every coach of visiting team is amazed by the atmosphere.

Siemens Arena (11,000 seats) when it is full has a good atmosphere too.

Serbian, Greek, Croatian and Maccabi fans also create good atmosphere.
grazy fans have to in Spain,Turkey,Italia,Germany....
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

I would say the Lakers Arena is the hottest, maybe the next that comes close would be the Madison Square Garden
Hey man, welcome aboard Tb Please stick around.

You should check the videos posted in this thread before claiming that Lakers have the hottest arena Wink I'm sure you won't see anything like in any of NBA arenas.

Quote:Hey man, welcome aboard Tb Please stick around.

You should check the videos posted in this thread before claiming that Lakers have the hottest arena Wink I'm sure you won't see anything like in any of NBA arenas.

By hottest, I assume you mean excited or cheerful? Certainly no NBA arena can compete with that. But singing, chanting and waving flags is a hallmark of European sporting culture (in general, at least). You see this sort of thing in other sports in Europe as well, so this is more of a cultural difference between the US and Europe. Our fans are just more reserved than Europe or other parts of the world. By NBA standards, the Lakers, especially during the playoffs, have the hottest stadium and wildest fans. Duke University in the US is notorious for having a hot arena, probably the craziest in the US.
Partizan. By far. Attending a game at Pionir is on my lifelong to-do list.
Nokia Arena...wanna see before die.I dont know still Rafi ginat introducing the players before the game
I've been following the atmosphere on many matches and trying to see for myself what is the best. It is not the same as when u r there, but:

NBA atmosphere can't compare to Europian. I don't know what u mean by crazy when talking about NBA, but i am sure that is not the wright word to describe it.

Barca's fans r loyal ones. I saw their choreography, it is very high-budget, but nobody sings there, so nope.

Greeks r crazy, because they r Balkanians and that is in our blood. I've seen many many videos of Pao's and Oly's games and i consider them to be great.

I've heard so much about Nokia arena but never had a chance to watch Maccabi's home game. Well, until Partizan came there. I don't wanna sound pretentious, but I was disappointed. For a QF EL game, they were way too quite. Few times did Pini rised his hands to motivate audience, with little luck. Game 1 wasn't even over and the fans started to go home. And 10 minutes after the match, whole arena was empty. So, nope,if we r looking for THE most hot arena, not this one.

I haven't seen Zalgiris game's so i will not comment.

But people, when refs ask that fans cool down a bit so they could here whistling. When Europe's top players agree, when whole world knows about them. Knows about Pionir and knows all the teams that fell there. I am Partizan's fan, but I am objective...

Last year, we lost to CSKA in BELGRADE ARENA in front of the 22.000 crazy mfks. I was there. We stayed for an 45 mins and sang! Partizan's players returned twice for the bis. When we lost to Pao this year, we stayed for almost an hour singing: "Even when u r not the first, when there is wistling, even then, u should know, that I love u, Partizan!"

Everybody can cheer while their team wins, everybody r crazy! it is the strength when u r louder with every mistake u make. With every score the opposite team scores, u get louder and louder and u support the most when ur team looses. That is, my friends, loyalty and that is what "Undertakers" at Pionir and Belgrade Arena do from game to game for abut 40 years now...
(Mar 4, 2012, 7:59 pm)KAPALI Wrote: "...I can show U what I am everytime everywhere your web artist..."
Of course at the moment Partizan's fans are the craziest in every game. But don't forget the fact that Partizan is a "small" team for current European standards and when achievements come, fans get overexcited and produce this atmosphere. Imo it is comparable to the atmosphere in a derby between oly and pao, but those two teams' fans won't create that kind of atmosphere just in any game. But it has so happened that your ears hurt in oaka when against olympiacos.
Schwach wie flasche leer
Agree, but u can't compare when there r only Partizan fans with the derby when there r to crazy groups screeming at each other. We have our derby too, but it is not comparable with the EL game.

Yes, Partizan is still "small" for the gigants of Europe, but it is small for the last who knows how many years and fans never gave up. In every single EL game, atmosphere is incredible!
(Mar 4, 2012, 7:59 pm)KAPALI Wrote: "...I can show U what I am everytime everywhere your web artist..."
Quote:Agree, but u can't compare when there r only Partizan fans with the derby when there r to crazy groups screeming at each other. We have our derby too, but it is not comparable with the EL game.

Yes, Partizan is still "small" for the gigants of Europe, but it is small for the last who knows how many years and fans never gave up. In every single EL game, atmosphere is incredible!

oh, in pao - oly games there are no fans of the opposite team. oaka for example would be packed with 20k greens, and sef with 12k reds. I just meant that if partizan was a rich club and a protagonist every year in the el, the atmosphere would still be great, but not as it is now
Schwach wie flasche leer
Quote:oh, in pao - oly games there are no fans of the opposite team. oaka for example would be packed with 20k greens, and sef with 12k reds. I just meant that if partizan was a rich club and a protagonist every year in the el, the atmosphere would still be great, but not as it is now

Probably so. But I think that if tomorrow, Partizan becomes rich, atmosphere would be great for another 5, 6 years and than it would become that of what u r saying.

Anyway, my basketball dream is to c Partizan winning Euroleague with domestic payers only. I know it can be done, we just need 10 more years for that to happen Biggrin
if partizan were able to hold on to the many players they have produced in recent years they would be a contender probably
Schwach wie flasche leer
Quote:By hottest, I assume you mean excited or cheerful? Certainly no NBA arena can compete with that. But singing, chanting and waving flags is a hallmark of European sporting culture (in general, at least). You see this sort of thing in other sports in Europe as well, so this is more of a cultural difference between the US and Europe. Our fans are just more reserved than Europe or other parts of the world. By NBA standards, the Lakers, especially during the playoffs, have the hottest stadium and wildest fans. Duke University in the US is notorious for having a hot arena, probably the craziest in the US.

Agreed with you on Duke, they don't call them the Cameron Crazies for nothing.

The NBA cannot compete with Europe in terms of a hostile environment, although this past season Andrew Bogut bought 100 tickets at the Bradley Center for each Bucks home game and gave them away to the fans. The only requirement was that they would make noise throughout the game, which led to a dynamic environment. Nevertheless, 100 screaming fans cannot compare to the thousands in European arenas.

The best NBA crowd I can recall were the fans in Oakland during the 2007 playoff series with the Mavs. I'll never forget that sea of gold.

Zalgiris vs. Lietuvos Rytas was the craziest environment I have ever experienced in person.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Education & Basketball BBall_Academy_Northants 3 3,346 Sep 15, 2022, 11:10 am
Last Post: JakeRider
  Basketball Blogs Black Urum 9 11,698 Nov 27, 2020, 10:05 pm
Last Post: gabeball
  Kids summer basketball camps Spain Peekachoona 2 2,979 May 29, 2020, 5:14 am
Last Post: Unbeatable Hoops
Basketball Suggested Update In Basketball Rules Abram Jones 0 2,102 Apr 17, 2018, 7:13 am
Last Post: Abram Jones
  new online basketball manager game magnus01 1 3,716 Apr 3, 2018, 12:38 am
Last Post: zamek9