Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Messing around with the rules of basketball
Let's make some weird conjectures and see if there is anything in the rules about it:

- Can a player instead of shooting from the FT line standing still, take some balance and take a jump shot just over the FT line?

- Can a player take all the time in the world to shoot from the FT line? What if he takes like 5 minutes to shoot, can the referee call a technical? Is there some time limit?

- Can a player move around outside the court instead of standing still when putting a ball in the game? Will travelling be called?

Throw your conjectures and discuss Biggrin
Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht.
: BASKET-SPOT : - Global Basketball
I'm not sure about the first question. I was wondering about that myself. We should what the rules say about free-throws although I doubt that we could find anything that would help answer this question. Logically thinking you should shot from the line which could be compared to a three-point shot. So in both cases it is important from where you jump or start a shot and it doesn't matter where you land after that. But since I never saw anyone trying a jump shot over FT line I guess it's unwritten rule that you can't do that.

There was a 15-second rule mentioned somewhere. I can't remember where I heard that but I'm pretty sure that the time limit is 15 seconds.

Players sometimes make small steps before throwing the ball in so I guess it's ok but you have to throw the ball in from a specific position which leaves little place for running.
I'm sure that even if there are no specific rules concerning the points you mentioned there will be a blanket-statement somewhere in the rules about conduct befitting the sport. There are things like this in most sports, to my knowledge

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Education & Basketball BBall_Academy_Northants 3 3,346 Sep 15, 2022, 11:10 am
Last Post: JakeRider
  Basketball Blogs Black Urum 9 11,698 Nov 27, 2020, 10:05 pm
Last Post: gabeball
  Kids summer basketball camps Spain Peekachoona 2 2,979 May 29, 2020, 5:14 am
Last Post: Unbeatable Hoops
Basketball Suggested Update In Basketball Rules Abram Jones 0 2,102 Apr 17, 2018, 7:13 am
Last Post: Abram Jones
  new online basketball manager game magnus01 1 3,716 Apr 3, 2018, 12:38 am
Last Post: zamek9