Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Team Is Next In Line For Eurleague?
[quote name='Panathinaikos' timestamp='1284567985' post='24999']

This is Maroussi's current roster:

PG none on the team

SG Karapostolou (second division player)/Akepsemaidis (second division player)

SF Adetokoubo (17 year old fourth division player)/no back ups

PF Askrabic (said to be leaving the club as early as today)/Kavvadas (fourth division player)

C Sarikopoulos (never played pro ball before)/no back ups

And the coach of the team just got hired yesterday and still has not even got his staff yet. The club does not even meet the minimum roster and budget registration rules.

So explain to me how Maroussi is going to play in the Euroleague qualifying rounds? Is the Euroleague just going to forfeit their games and allow their opponents to advance? And not allow another team to compete? Seems ridiculous.

Maroussi has only 6 players signed, and one of them is a 17 year old that is to be assigned to their junior club. One of their players did not even play at a pro level last year. Two of them were in the second division. Another one has never even played at a senior level before.

Maroussi has not paid their registration fee to be allowed in the Greek A1 League yet. They have not reached a payment agreement with their players, which means that both the A1 and FIBA would not allow them to sign any players, nor to register for leagues. The club has yet to receive any sponsorships or help from the city. Euroleague has rules for roster minimums.

Within 6 days this team is going to compete in the Euroleague QR?

[/quote]

I'm just pointing out what was posted on the Euroleague website yesterday. I would find it really odd if the Euroleague brought in another team with just a few days before the game. My guess is that if Maroussi is unable to field a team then they will just have to forfeit their games.

Messages In This Thread
Which Team Is Next In Line For Eurleague? - by skangles - Sep 16, 2010, 1:20 am

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Team effort started, James finished the job for Monaco EuroLeague News 0 430 Nov 4, 2021, 8:55 am
Last Post: EuroLeague News
  Maccabi, last team on Tuesday Media Day EuroLeague News 0 323 Sep 17, 2021, 1:43 pm
  All-EuroLeague Second Team unveiled EuroLeague News 0 306 May 27, 2021, 5:14 pm
  Kevin Pangos is voted to All-EuroLeague First Team EuroLeague News 0 370 May 27, 2021, 3:17 am
  Efes's Micic reaches All-EuroLeague First Team! EuroLeague News 0 373 May 26, 2021, 7:06 am