TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: Jonas Valančiūnas thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(Mar 17, 2011, 2:20 pm)Sagenas Wrote: [ -> ]But being versatile is big plus anyway. And why do you think there are no "true" centers these times? Because versatility comes ahead of that...want real center? NBA teams should buy Vraneš who currently plays in Unics.

Isn't Howard one of the most dominant players on Earth currently? He is pure, true center. Shaq was at his prime as well. While you call it as the domination of versatility, I agree with Raze that it is nothing like lacking of TRUE dominant centers.
(Mar 19, 2011, 2:27 am)straight forward Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't Howard one of the most dominant players on Earth currently? He is pure, true center. Shaq was at his prime as well. While you call it as the domination of versatility, I agree with Raze that it is nothing like lacking of TRUE dominant centers.

If I am right, I remember article where was written that Howard in his childhood used to play as guard. If I recall it well, then that may have helped him to become player like that. Just look how Howard understands game in some situations.

Answering your other post, I'm saying versatility is player's ability to do many things - shooting includes that but versatile player mustn't do everything...if he can do absolutely everything then he should be phenomenal in basketball.

Both of Lavrinovič brothers have some skills of guards but in Europe terms we can call them versatile but in other hand, NBA has many players like that.

I can't see many superstars in NBA right now. Don't call stars as superstars. Superstars are Kobe Bryant, Derrick Rose, Derron Williams, Dwight Howard, LeBron James and others like that (however, that doesn't mean that they're the best)
Valanciunas also declares for NBA drafts this summer. I would love to see him among top 5. Risky shot, but this year drafts won't be strongest so both Motiejunas and Valanciunas have good chances.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzNugzv7_Uo
Besides that, possibility of lock-out is very big so it would be likely for him to be drafted with top pick and play in Europe little more.
5th pick! A record for Lithuanians. Pretty good team for Europeans, Kleiza probably will be in the teams as well. Hopefully they'll still have Calderon Smile
I was hoping that he would slip to the Wizards at number 6. I think that the Wiz had their eye on Vesely all along but they may have been tempted had Valanciunas still been there.
By the way his name is pronounced like this

Va-len-chew-n-ASS
(Jun 25, 2011, 4:53 am)Black Urum Wrote: [ -> ]By the way his name is pronounced like this

Va-len-chew-n-ASS

They obviously going with something like "Big V" or "Big Jhon"... Bag
hi all members.. i just joined this forums....hope that i find this forum as great community...
Awkward. Can't decide are they laughing or serious or something else, but the song is pretty good and the lyrics are actually accurate however you look :p

Tonight, with best game in Eurobasket:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1Bunu1lUoE
I'm pretty sure that they were playing that song in Cido arena during one of Lithuania's first games.

Great highlights Straight Forward, the announcers are so much better in Lithuanian. I'm glad that the games are now in Vilnius so that I don't have to listen to the FIBA idiots say "Pan-ah-vee-chus" like a broken record.
They played it last night too.
(Nov 27, 2011, 1:58 am)straight forward Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD9HsEKJgic

Is that a joke? Crazy

The sh*t people upload to youtube...
Reminds me of THIS
(Nov 27, 2011, 1:32 pm)Black Urum Wrote: [ -> ]Reminds me of THIS

But this one is correct Smile
Surprisingly Džikič was an assistant of current Raptors' coach D. Casey. He's hoping Džikič will start working with Jonas' NBA adaptation:

http://www.nba.com/raptors/news/20111129...ey-part-tw
(Dec 3, 2011, 1:48 am)straight forward Wrote: [ -> ]Surprisingly Džikič was an assistant of current Raptors' coach D. Casey. He's hoping Džikič will start working with Jonas' NBA adaptation:

http://www.nba.com/raptors/news/20111129...ey-part-tw

I didn't realize that. I'm glad to hear that Dzikic still uses some of the same systems as Casey. It sounds like an ideal situation for Jonas.
(Dec 3, 2011, 4:18 pm)skangles Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't realize that. I'm glad to hear that Dzikic still uses some of the same systems as Casey. It sounds like an ideal situation for Jonas.

I don't like how he uses or to be more particular - not using - Valančiūnas at offensive end. He doesn't get any touches. Not a single situation to play 1vs1 per game. Maybe that's a part of NBA adaptation I don't know. Also both Rytas point guards sucks as point guards . Valančiūnas can not play what he does best - pick and roll (because no guards can do it). And what's the worse he can't develop his post game because he doesn't get touches. If Džikič is staying in Rytas, it would better for Jonas to move on to Toronto next year where he would meet world class guards to play with (Calderon will still be there hopefully).

Just saying it's not the best situation. He's progressing anyway.
Pages: 1 2 3 4