TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: Panathinaikos vs Olympiacos battles of 2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: 5a8e5f8ebf031f0561f37c3d601b8928_L.jpg?9...?943912800]

The time has come for the game that entire basketball Europe has been waiting for, for months.

Panathinaikos vs Olympiacos, the mother of all battles in European basketball, Wednesday, 21:00 local time.
It's gonna be war I'm afraid. Spanoulis and all...Can't wait
Hopefully fans won't screw up all this once again. Will be watching if possible.
Any thoughts about the game last night?
Olympiacos won fair and square. Panathinaikos, was missing open shots both from long range and under the basket. Diamantidis was obviously out of shape after he missed three practices and couldn't contribute. All in all this was just a regular season game, nothing is over yet. I believe with Maric back, pao can win in SEF and cover the margin. And if not I believe that we can break the home advantage in the finals and once again lift the trophy in SEF.

Spanoulis sucked of course, no surprise there.

PS: the reaction of the red fans was hilarious. They acted as if they won the Euroleague, some 1000 fans went to SEF to welcome the team
Quote:Olympiacos won fair and square. Panathinaikos, was missing open shots both from long range and under the basket. Diamantidis was obviously out of shape after he missed three practices and couldn't contribute. All in all this was just a regular season game, nothing is over yet. I believe with Maric back, pao can win in SEF and cover the margin. And if not I believe that we can break the home advantage in the finals and once again lift the trophy in SEF.

Spanoulis sucked of course, no surprise there.

PS: the reaction of the red fans was hilarious. They acted as if they won the Euroleague, some 1000 fans went to SEF to welcome the team
Quote:

Rofl3 Laugh Rofl Rofl2

this will blow up in their faces in such gigantic proportions that they won't even know what hit them
Quote:

why you say on your profile that you are panathinaikos fan. i have watched many posts of yours and is obvious that you are not. you know that it was the worst game that PAO could have and that in the end you will lose the trophy again.

Sad
It will be very interested to see if Olympiakos will lose any game in regular season and in the play-offs. but I think that PAO will do everything to win at Olympiakos and they will give everything to win in regular season and in the play-offs. It will be very exciting games
Quote:It will be very interested to see if Olympiakos will lose any game in regular season and in the play-offs. but I think that PAO will do everything to win at Olympiakos and they will give everything to win in regular season and in the play-offs. It will be very exciting games

pao won't lose to oly another game in oaka and oly will surely lose one game to pao in sef. which means we will be champions again Wink
The game was quite sloppy actually, Oly just won it because they f***ed up less than PAO. Oh well, next game up for the Greek Cup now, can we hope to see a little showtime this time round, without it being stolen by the a**h*le fans destroying everything as usual?

I'm anti- organized fans of any team, including those of PAOK. All they do is cause havoc ALL the time, and then claim it is their right to do so. Ultimately it's the fault of the police who don't kick their heads in, like in other countries. It's no coincidence Greek fans always behave when they're abroad, like the little b****es that they are Rolleyes

Note to non Greeks: In Greek we have two words for fans of a team. 'Filathlos' means 'friend of the sport', whereas 'opados' means hardcore religious cult level fan, and it is them that degrade the quality of our national sports, be it basketball, football, volleyball, and even water polo...
The Cup final is scheduled for March 6th... but no one knows whether it will be played.
Final postponed... indefinitely.
Is there are President in Greece who will start campaign against violence?? Blink

In Serbia 5 days ago was Michel Platini president of UEFA.And he had discussions with Serbian President and he told that if again violence repeat on stadiums he will disqualify Serbia from Europe from any football competition including clubs on 5 years.

And President understand that and now it's expecting for new law that will be stricter.The same applies for any sports event. Thup
^ Our problem here is organized fan-base clubs. Charges for misconduct at games should be harsh, and all these riot fan scumbags should get their heads kicked in with a few broken arms and legs for good measure. They always behave when they're abroad, so it's quite clear that here the police do nothing to them and they can cause mayhem as they please.

The indefinite postponement of the Greek Cup final is pathetic and is yet another sample of Greek incompetence both from HEBA's side and from the state itself Mellow Angry
Olympiacos - Panathinaikos on Saturday 20:45 CET

Nesterovic got injured yesterday and will miss the game. Drew Nicholas is also doubtful.
Tomorrow the schedule of finals series will be announced, it will be 99.99% start this Thursday, in SEF.
Quote:Tomorrow the schedule of finals series will be announced, it will be 99.99% start this Thursday, in SEF.

First A1 final without Lithuanian players after 5 years (or more?). That's sad Huh
Quote:First A1 final without Lithuanian players after 5 years (or more?). That's sad Huh

Yes. Also the first OLY-PAO final without Lithuanians since 2000-01 season.
Another win in SEF and another glorious show by Diamantidis...

When you think that this guy can't get any better ha makes shots and passes that are just unreal. What a leader. Respect
Pages: 1 2 3