TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: Panathinaikos vs Olympiacos battles of 2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I watched it from the middle of the 3rd quarter. Pao was great but despite another usual DD Performence I think you owe this one to your big men that stopped Oly's last attempts when they for some reason penetrated instead of going for 3 pointers
Quote:I watched it from the middle of the 3rd quarter. Pao was great but despite another usual DD Performence I think you owe this one to your big men that stopped Oly's last attempts when they for some reason penetrated instead of going for 3 pointers

Did they show it in Israel? Any clue how many people watched it? Very poor game by Halperin by the way... not surprising though, he plays one great game and another crap one all the time.
Yes they did in the new channel of 'one' (the Internet site decided to make a sports channel) Pini Gershon was the commentator Biggrin

Umm no idea how many watched it but if I'll see it in any article I'll tell you.

And yes Halperin did disappoint me.. Didn't see to much of him in the minutes I've watched. The game wasn't amazing quality but it was fun to see some real competition after 4 games of 20 points difference in our final four.
Goes to show what a team PAO would be if Maric was healthy all throughout the year Thup

Batiste mixes it up a lot in the paint, but he just can't make up (without extreme effort from his part with top tier centers) for Maric's size and strength. I think he'll continue to cause big problems for Oly's center front line, just as long and he doesn't get into foul trouble. I'd like to see Bogris get some playing time too.

On the other side, Papanikolaou's performance has been really amazing for a young kid starting for Olybiakos. I hope he gets called to the national team this summer Thup
Well, when Obradovic and DD smell playoffs it's a different story I guess...
Game 2 was pretty shitty, first half seeing Batiste take attempts from the 3 was a major facepalm, PAO got locked down pretty bad. Nicholas and Batiste are in bad shape, it shouldn't be down to 3D to get the snake out of the hole every time. Kalathis was a breath of fresh air for the team, Maric was below expectations.

Tsartsaris gave some quality minutes and made the difference for PAO. Nice block from Fotsis on Bouroussis btw. Thup

Once more, Papanikolaou for Oly showed some real nerve, it's great to see him constantly improving and capable at a high level. Spanoulis had his best game against his old team, however his good performance didn't last until the end. Teodosic was a dud. Mavrokefalidis shot the ball really well from medium range, he should hone his skills more on this and perhaps learn how to shoot the three too.

Overall, I didn't see what Oly was bitching about bad refereeing. Mavrokefalidis wasn't heavy enough to be able to keep Batiste out of the paint, Glyniadakis is too slow on his legs to be able to keep up with nifty guards. If anything, the misbehaviour from Spanoulis and Teodosic getting themselves technicals were an important factor to swaying Oly's team psychology for the worse. This is a psycho team indeed.
It was a well diserved victory for PAO!! Thup

We were very bad until the 18th minute(we were down by 10). First half finished with OSFP leading by 6. The second half was a completely different story. OSFP had 43 points in the half and 23(!!) in the second(8 in the 4th!!). And that's why PAO did what he was doing all season long... play very tough defense. The key point of the game was the 2 3pointers in a row from Nicholas and Fotsis + Spanoulis' untisportsive foul.

Is almost sure that PAO will win it's 9 in a row Greek championship, hopefully on Wednsday!! Wink
Quote:
Milos Teodosic uses Panathinaikos fans as target practice (vid)

It seems he is on the same level as Batiste ... Shame.
And in interviews Teodosic claimed "he wasn't a punk" Rolleyes
Very good game by Panathinaikos also Diamatidis played great Thup
PAO got beat fair and square tonight, the Oly fans however f'ed things up, destroying the rhythm of the game 3rd quarter Mellow

All these organized team scumbags of ALL over Greece deserve having their arms and legs broken, and yes that includes the a-hole PAOK rioters as well Dry

The answer to curbing hooliganism is clear, CLOSE ALL ORGANIZED FAN SUPPORTER HOLES IN THE WALL, ALL OVER GREECE, from Evros to Corfu and Crete. /rant
Back to the game, Bouroussis was awesome, that pump fake and behind the basket bucket isn't something you expect of someone of his size. What about Halperin's block on Vouyoukas?! Holy HELL I wasn't expecting that! Kalathis had an amazing 2QT last seconds coast-to-coast with Papanikolaou guarding him, three times behind Nick's back, it was like Pap wasn't there! Great ballhandling skillz right there.

Well, that ugly f***er Pelekanos certainly had an on fire game, he used his chance as much as possible giving Oly some much needed shooting from the arc.
At least Oly has one win 'of honour' now, but I think PAO is going to seal the deal in OAKA now. Lies are over Wink
Should I get hysterical over the free throws numbers? 24-9... Just joking... Olympiacos wanted it more and won, simple.
This is good.Panathinaikos will now celebrate in front of his fans Biggrin
Quote:This is good.Panathinaikos will now celebrate in front of his fans Biggrin

And one of them will be me, I'm going to Athens on Saturday!
Quote:And one of them will be me, I'm going to Athens on Saturday!

Lucky you Cool
Quote:Lucky you Cool

I was really luck because I sent someone to get me a ticket today, already 10.000 were sold in a few hours, tomorrow sold out.
Quote:I was really luck because I sent someone to get me a ticket today, already 10.000 were sold in a few hours, tomorrow sold out.

Even if you didn't have a ticket you could enter the building without it. Gate 29.... Rolleyes

You are coming to Athens from where?!?! Maldives? Mellow
Quote:Lucky you Cool

Is there any channel in Serbia that shows PAO-OSFP games?!?! Mellow
Quote:Is there any channel in Serbia that shows PAO-OSFP games?!?! Mellow

Yes.It's Arena Sport there is fourth channels and first is free on cable TV,others have to pay to watch,but i will find to watch no problem (if game was on 2,3 or 4) Cool
Pages: 1 2 3