TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: Turkey NT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Turkish Basketball Federation announced the new coach of Turkey NT as Orhun Ene who is the former Point Guard of the team. He is currently the coach of Banvit also in Turkey. By the way Bogdan Tanjevic became General Manager of our team.
Downgrade if you ask me.
tanjevic supports him . He is also smart. has good relation with players...
Turkey has a good team and if they play like they did at the World Championship, they will be contender for the title. But this time they won't have the support like they had in their country. I don't know Orhun Ene as a coach but he will have to difficult task to replace Bogdan Tanjevic
Turkey was never a contender outside their homeland. Maybe things will change from now on, but Turkey is always vulnerable. Two first matches will be crucial.
they obviously wanted a coach that knew turkish reality and as tanjevic stepped doen there were slim pickings. Turkey has the roster let's see what they can do outside of turkey. i like this generation of turkish players though
Maybe a stupid question but does Turkcan still play for the NT?
Quote:Maybe a stupid question but does Turkcan still play for the NT?

He never officially retired, but he is outdated by basketball anyway... Turkey got lots of big bodies... so he is not needed anymore.
[quote name='Black Urum' timestamp='1297686021' post='28768']

He never officially retired, but he is outdated by basketball anyway... Turkey got lots of big bodies... so he is not needed anymore.

[/quote]

Thanks for answering Black Urum. I think, if didn't get injured, he would have helped Turkey a lot eventhough they have a lot of big bodies. Because they don't have bigmen who can shoot the ball like he does
As I said, he is no longer considered part of the Turkish NT pool.
Hello,

If some turkey fans are planning to come to Lithuania, to Panevezys to watch group phase games and have problems finding hotel or other place to stay then you can contact me, maybe i could help you to find some place.
Quote:Turkey was never a contender outside their homeland. Maybe things will change from now on, but Turkey is always vulnerable. Two first matches will be crucial.

^ This. I don't think Onan will this time act like a ruffian like he did in the past WC, because it was in his home. NOW is the time for the Turkish NT to show what they're made of.
Omer Asik will miss Eurobasket, most likely.
Turkey will mainly lose defence off of him not being there, but I think the space can be made up by that young blonde-haired center of theirs, the most consistent and solid player Turkey has had for some time now.
Asik improved his offensive aggression this year. It was evident in NBA playoffs. If he's out or not able to play at a high level The loss would be severe. Asik really elevated his game the last few weeks. I was looking forward to seeing him play in Eurobasket. His bloody tough defense and mid range jumper was on fire at times.
Emir Preldzic: Im so excited to be a part of this national team.....Preldzic will play 2011 for Turkey. All eyes should be on this man !
I don't think this will be possible, because FIBA rejected his "transfer" to Turkish or Bosnian national team.

He is really confused. First he wanted to play for Slovenia, than Bosnia and now he wants to play for Turkey. Laugh
Quote:Turkey NT preliminary squad announced

i think turkey has a good mixture of experience -hido, onan, tuncer, and young talent -erden, ilyasova, kanter, asik, preldzic well mostly young talent Smile

kanter might make a difference but this is going to be the first time he is playing for NT. I am really wondering how he is gona play but as far as I have seen last week on the street he is a big guy Smile
Gonlum out of Eurobasket, due to injury which will keep him out for 6 months.
Pages: 1 2 3