TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: Bourousis involved in doping scandal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Greek International (or should we say former International?) player Ioannis Bourousis has been involved in the biggest sporting scandal in the history of the modern Greek state, in a case involving games fixing, doping, money laundry and spying.

But let's take things from the start. Since last evening the biggest game fixing scandal of Greek football has been unfolding. More than ten person who were involved in the fixing have been arrested so far, five more are wanted, while charges will be brought upon on another eighty five persons.

Entire article on TalkBasket, with photos.
Unbelievable.. If it is true I hope his career ends right now, there's no place for people like that in sport. Achievements should come with hard work (and talent obviously) and not with cheating by using illegal shit. I'm just glad that Pao won the championship otherwise I can guess it would make an even bigger scandal.
New Bourousis-Psomiades dialogue

Quote:[color=#454545][font=Arial, Verdana, Tahoma, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bourousis: Yes, you're right. I also have the... I didn't take the "vitamin" before the last game because I was running low and I will use it tonight. I have almost half a packet left.[/size]
Disgusting! I hope he goes to prison. There is no place in sports for people like him!
How could he get away with it so easily till now?
Because players in Greece can't fall on doping control since 2010... And thats how is greek league became perfect for players that like using stuff like that... Anyway i hope we will never see him on courts.
He hasn't been touched...

Thing is, stuff like this is soooooooooo common. It's not a matter of if players are taking something enhancing to their sports performance, but more a race between black market drug developers and WADA, where the developers make shit that enhances an athlete's performance while at the same time being very difficult to detect by known anti-doping techniques.
As for the Bourousis scandal, I want to see concrete proof!!! If there's no proof? people should really shut their damn pie-holes. A phone call doesn’t necessarily constitute 100% proof!! innuendo bullshit and fabrications in the Hellenic basketball world, 'Especially the media streams, and the moronic journalists.' The Guy has given his heart and soul for his country, and people should show a little respect for his constant endeavor and inspiration.

As for that controversial phone call? So what, maybe he needed cough syrup for a bronchial tube infection, maybe he had a virus, maybe he needed advanced electrolytes, I mean who knows, and who the hell cares. What really matters, is that he was cleared of doping. End of story.

I can assure you people one thing. If you don't think that many of the African-Americans playing NBA are not doped up to the max, then you're just fooling yourselves.
Quote:As for the Bourousis scandal, I want to see concrete proof!!! If there's no proof? people should really shut their damn pie-holes. A phone call doesn't necessarily constitute 100% proof!! innuendo bullshit and fabrications in the Hellenic basketball world, 'Especially the media streams, and the moronic journalists.' The Guy has given his heart and soul for his country, and people should show a little respect for his constant endeavor and inspiration.

As for that controversial phone call? So what, maybe he needed cough syrup for a bronchial tube infection, maybe he had a virus, maybe he needed advanced electrolytes, I mean who knows, and who the hell cares. What really matters, is that he was cleared of doping. End of story.

I can assure you people one thing. If you don't think that many of the African-Americans playing NBA are not doped up to the max, then you're just fooling yourselves.

About the doping of Americans we already had a good discussion over the matter in the section of last year's Mundobasket, but you wouldn't know since you've only joined very recently Wink

I like your patriotism man. but in general, inter-Greek relations in Greece are totally different than what you'll find especially in the massive communities in Melbourne, New York, Chicago, ... and Toronto? Not too sure about the community in Canada, but in Greece we do say that the real Greek patriots are those who live out of the country Rofl3

Sad but true Tongue
Quote:About the doping of Americans we already had a good discussion over the matter in the section of last year's Mundobasket, but you wouldn't know since you've only joined very recently Wink

I like your patriotism man. but in general, inter-Greek relations in Greece are totally different than what you'll find especially in the massive communities in Melbourne, New York, Chicago, ... and Toronto? Not too sure about the community in Canada, but in Greece we do say that the real Greek patriots are those who live out of the country Rofl3

Sad but true Tongue

Quote:About the doping of Americans we already had a good discussion over the matter in the section of last year's Mundobasket, but you wouldn't know since you've only joined very recently Wink

I actually did three years of schooling in ELLAS, more precisely Athens, and I have a plethora of experience, on Greek mentality back home. Not to mention I'm there every 2-3 years on vacation. The media tends to hype and exaggerate abundantly. I also have a major problem with this partisan menatlity in sports and media as well. Greeks pretty much rant on and constantly complain about something or rather. Nothing new there.

The Bourousis affair was just another 'storm in a tea cup' as the English say, and nothing more. The diaspora is rock solid when it comes to Hellas and the blue and whites. Have no doubts on that. From Toronto to Melbourne and all points in-between, you'll see the flag waving and fluttering in the wind. If you're refering to violence and sport, well that 'MUST' come to a complete hault!! It's that simple. I have a major problem with organized support, but that's another topic.

The state of affairs is what really needs to be addressed at the moment, and again that's another story. Cool
Quote: Because players in Greece can't fall on doping control since 2010... And thats how is greek league became perfect for players that like using stuff like that... Anyway i hope we will never see him on courts.

Hey Mister, do you actually know what type of performance enhancing drugs are being consumed? And are they? If you don't, or have no proof, don't type bullshit. Look at your own back yard before you check on others. Hearsay evidence is inadmissible in a court of law. Look at your own players before you slander players from our or other basketball leagues.

Bourousis was cleared. Samples were given, or otherwise he wouldn't be playing for Armani now would he smartass!! Laugh
Quote:Hey Mister, do you actually know what type of performance enhancing drugs are being consumed? And are they? If you don't, or have no proof, don't type bullshit. Look at your own back yard before you check on others. Hearsay evidence is inadmissible in a court of law. Look at your own players before you slander players from our or other basketball leagues.

Bourousis was cleared. Samples were given, or otherwise he wouldn't be playing for Armani now would he smartass!! Laugh

It's a waste of time talking to nebodigatreba! Wink

By the way, I think he's not the biggest fan of Greeks and Greece in general... Baby
Quote:I actually did three years of schooling in ELLAS, more precisely Athens, and I have a plethora of experience, on Greek mentality back home. Not to mention I'm there every 2-3 years on vacation. The media tends to hype and exaggerate abundantly. I also have a major problem with this partisan menatlity in sports and media as well. Greeks pretty much rant on and constantly complain about something or rather. Nothing new there.

^ That's the national sport that everyone engages in Cool

Heh heh, I'm really curious as to the mentality of Greeks and their families abroad, does it bear any resemblance to the families in 'My Big Fat Greek Wedding' ? Rofl3

As a man however you're lucky to have missed out going to the army. That's where you really come to the culmination of Greek mentality and you got into touch with all respects of it from different parts of the country when wearing the ol' camouflage rags! Crazy