TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: Donatas Motiejunas thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(Nov 26, 2011, 5:56 am)Raze Lupin Wrote: [ -> ]Will you explain this "ranking" to me?

It's like efficiency. You accumulate good things he does on the court (like scoring, rebounding, made shots, assists etc) and the remove all the bad things (missed shots, getting blocked, fouls committed etc) and you get the result.
(Nov 26, 2011, 2:31 pm)Black Urum Wrote: [ -> ]It's like efficiency. You accumulate good things he does on the court (like scoring, rebounding, made shots, assists etc) and the remove all the bad things (missed shots, getting blocked, fouls committed etc) and you get the result.

So he gets a (-) for getting blocked? wow Do you know where I can get the formula? Id like to compare it to the PER rating we have in the USA.
(Nov 26, 2011, 5:56 am)Raze Lupin Wrote: [ -> ]Will you explain this "ranking" to me?

Here we go:

You sum points, rebounds(total), assists, steals, blocks(FV) and fouls(RV).

Then from the sum you abstract TO's, blocks(Ag), fouls(Cm) and missed shots!!!

Example(Diamantidis last performance):

23pts + 3reb + 4ast + 0stl + 1blk(Fv) + 5fouls(Rv) = 36

6 missed shots + 2TO's + 0blk(Ag) + 3fouls(Cm) = 11

36-11=25 Thup

He had 25 ranking(vs Unicaja)!!! Wink
(Nov 26, 2011, 5:47 pm)TeoTheGreek13 Wrote: [ -> ]

Here we go:

You sum points, rebounds(total), assists, steals, blocks(FV) and fouls(RV).

Then from the sum you abstract TO's, blocks(Ag), fouls(Cm) and missed shots!!!

Example(Diamantidis last performance):

23pts + 3reb + 4ast + 0stl + 1blk(Fv) + 5fouls(Rv) = 36

6 missed shots + 2TO's + 0blk(Ag) + 3fouls(Cm) = 11

36-11=25 Thup

He had 25 ranking(vs Unicaja)!!! Wink

Good example DD is one of my fav players. I saw him once and was amazed! Love that guy!

Awesome! I like it because its simple and makes sense. Thanks!
From In-the-Game

RKG = Euroleague Ranking / ACB Valoration. Formula:

RKG = (PTS + REB + AST + STL + BL + RF) – ((FGA – FGM) + (FTA – FTM) + TOV + BA + PF)
19 points and 18 rebounds against Nymburg ČEZ. I'm pretty sure his rebounding record Laugh
What are the major differences between Donatas Motiejunas and Jonas Valanciunas game style, personality etc?
(Dec 5, 2011, 4:23 am)Raze Lupin Wrote: [ -> ]What are the major differences between Donatas Motiejunas and Jonas Valanciunas game style, personality etc?

As you said the differences are major. Donatas is power forward and even if he sees him self a center in the future I'm not so sure about it while Jonas is real center. Donatas has perimeter game while Jonas currently only has some hints that he can develop a mid rage jump shot. Jonas is way tougher around the basket and is natural contact player, natural rebounder. Motiejunas has a nice post up moves, but tends to seek comfortable non-cantact shots, rebounding is something he has to push himself to do it Smile Generally, Motiejunas is more universal, faster and flexible - he runs easily like SF in 2,13 cm body while Jonas is a sure inside player and I expect him to be very tough guy after 2 years (still has phenomenal foot work and flexibility for his size and so on). So the main difference, Motiejunas is 4 and Jonas is 5 what is very convenient for Lithuanian NT Smile

Oh, and personality: Jonas seems to be more emotional in the court, but Pačė—sas freshly claimed that Motiejūnas is giving all is heart in the court. Personally, I can see that, but he never shows too much emotions after a good shot what Jonas does constantly. Over all, Donatas is usually treated as arrogant and Jonas as modest, but I don't really care about it as long as they filling the baskets.
Thanks for the reply bro! I'm excited to see both play in national team and professional.
(Dec 5, 2011, 11:21 pm)Raze Lupin Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the reply bro! I'm excited to see both play in national team and professional.

Well, we used to think Euoropean basketball is also professional Rolleyes

Back to the topic: 10/12/2011 VTB game: Rytas- Prokom. For the first time Valančiūnas versus Motiejūnas. Off course, it's not direct match up because of my mentioned reasons, but still special game. 16H CET, I'm not sure if that is convenient for Americans though Smile

Stream: http://www.lrytas.lt/videonews/live/
I bought him in my Fantasy Team, so he better play great. But it probably means he will suck.
(Dec 7, 2011, 1:18 pm)Black Urum Wrote: [ -> ]I bought him in my Fantasy Team, so he better play great. But it probably means he will suck.

You guys are just killing natural contact with basketball because of these fantasies.

Oh, never mind, I'm watching Prokom only because Motiejūnas also Blink
What? Watch Prokom? Even if I had my entire fantasy team consisting of 10 Prokom players I would never put myself through this torture.
(Dec 7, 2011, 1:18 pm)Black Urum Wrote: [ -> ]What? Watch Prokom? Even if I had my entire fantasy team consisting of 10 Prokom players I would never put myself through this torture.

Just saying that I also have my fantasy team what becomes more or less true in the summer :p

Come on, you should watch Prokom at least because of their time outs...
(Dec 7, 2011, 1:25 pm)straight forward Wrote: [ -> ]Come on, you should watch Prokom at least because of their time outs...

About that... I completely disagree with Pacecas approach to shouting. I think shouting should be done rarely and in extraordinary circumstances for maximum result. If you do it ALL the fucking time it becomes tiring, cult and funny at the end and it has no efect whatsoever.

It's like the boy who shouted "wolf" for fun and when the wolf appeared, no one came to his help cause they all thought he was laughing.

There was a compilation of his shouting on youtube, and veterans like Varda and Woods just laughed when he shouted... he may terrorise the young guys, but they will learn his tricks soon.
(Dec 7, 2011, 2:22 pm)Black Urum Wrote: [ -> ]About that... I completely disagree with Pacecas approach to shouting. I think shouting should be done rarely and in extraordinary circumstances for maximum result. If you do it ALL the fucking time it becomes tiring, cult and funny at the end and it has no efect whatsoever.

It's like the boy who shouted "wolf" for fun and when the wolf appeared, no one came to his help cause they all thought he was laughing.

There was a compilation of his shouting on youtube, and veterans like Varda and Woods just laughed when he shouted... he may terrorise the young guys, but they will learn his tricks soon.

Well,most of the best coaches uses that element - Obradovič, Messina, Kazlauskas. But as you said there are limits and situations. Pačė—sas obviously crossing the line with that. I noticed how frustrated was Motiejunas at the end of the game against Galatasaray when Pačėsas yelled after Prokom wasted huge difference, maybe that forced these missed shots by Lithuanian at the end. On other hand, his team is young and I have a feeling for such player as Motiejūnas this is exactly what he need.

BTW, Pačė—sas as a player (decent PG) was ignored by NT because federation said "he makes conflicts inside". He was like that as a players as well.
(Dec 7, 2011, 2:22 pm)Black Urum Wrote: [ -> ]About that... I completely disagree with Pacecas approach to shouting. I think shouting should be done rarely and in extraordinary circumstances for maximum result. If you do it ALL the fucking time it becomes tiring, cult and funny at the end and it has no efect whatsoever.

I agree with this. If a coach shouts too much about everything then he will lose his audience with players. I do believe that many of the great coaches shout. Coach K(Duke) of team USA yells at players all the time. So does John calipari(Kentucky) Roy Williams(North Carolina) So did/does NBA greats Pat Riley, Phil Jackson, Greg Popovich. All of these coaches have been known to yell at players and kick them out of practices for not executing tactics or giving effort.

As you say too much is counter productive. Coach Bobby Knight would be a bad example. He had anger management issues.... He was known for choking a player. Sad Here is video of him choking player for not running correct tactics. He also put shit on toilet paper and made the students pick it up. "You are playing like shit"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm3YFFjj5y8
New Euroleague record for defensive rebounds in a single game: 18

Also tied as third best in total rebounds in a single game: 21
^I'm excited to see him in NBA!^
(Dec 7, 2011, 10:20 pm)Black Urum Wrote: [ -> ]New Euroleague record for defensive rebounds in a single game: 18

Also tied as third best in total rebounds in a single game: 21

I guess you're pretty good fantasy player Wink Two records in two games. Very nice.

He had pretty horrible shooting night though. I don't like his FT shooting - only 45% in Euroleague. He really should work with that, he has perfect shooting mechanics. Hard to explain that Shaq's syndrome.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5