NEW YORK, Feb. 17, 2022 – The National Basketball Association (NBA) and Dapper Labs, the company behind NBA Top Shot and the creators of the Flow blockchain, today announced the launch of the NBA All-Star VIP Pass NFT Auction and Giveaway. Hosted on NBA Top Shot, the auction will include 30 unique NFTs, one-of-one digital collectibles representing every NBA team that grant each owner a VIP pass for the ultimate fan experience at the next five NBA All-Stars. One lucky NBA fan will win an additional All-Star VIP Pass NFT, representing the NBA, through a giveaway that tips off today.
Beginning today through Monday, February 21, NBA fans in the U.S. and Canada can enter the giveaway for free with an existing or new NBA Top Shot account. Starting with tonight’s Philadelphia 76ers vs. Milwaukee Bucks game (8:30 p.m. ET, TNT), fans will see an exclusive QR code during the broadcast, that when scanned, will grant an extra entry into the giveaway. Another exclusive QR code will appear on-screen during the 2022 NBA All-Star Game on Sunday, Feb. 20 at 8 p.m. ET on TNT that, when scanned, will provide fans five entries into the giveaway for a chance to win. Additionally, fans who make a purchase on Top Shot from today through February 21 at 12:00 p.m. ET will also earn five entries into the giveaway. The winner will be selected on Tuesday, March 8.
In addition to the unique, one-of-one NFTs, the owners of each NFT will receive one of the league’s most expansive experiential benefits package to date for each of the next five NBA All-Stars, starting with NBA All-Star 2023 in Salt Lake City which is scheduled to include:
- Inside access to All-Star planning via a virtual panel with NBA Events prior to arrival
- Personalized All-Star itinerary with VIP support
- An exclusive guest invitation to an NBA reception
- A behind-the-scenes tour of the host arena with an NBA executive
- Two lower-bowl tickets to the following events:
- NBA All-Star Game
- State Farm® All-Star Saturday Night, which includes the AT&T Slam Dunk Contest, the MTN DEW® 3-Point Contest, and the Taco Bell Skills Challenge
- Clorox Rising Stars
- Shootaround with an NBA Legend on the NBA All-Star court
- A VIP merchandise bag, including an NBA All-Star jersey
- A photo on the NBA All-Star Game court
The 30 auctions, which are available to enter for all Top Shot users, tip off on Wednesday, February 23 at 8 p.m. ET. One NFT auction will launch per day, with the rollout organized by NBA divisions. Each auction will remain live for fans to bid on for seven days.