Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Champ of NBA in 2006
Hmm in your opinion, which team will win NBA in this year? My favourites: Detroit Pistons and San Antonio Spurs.
[Image: dudek5.jpg]
I also bet on these two teams.
I have to admit that present NBA is hopeless in comparison with NBA from 90th years. Do you remember such players like: Barkley,Rodman,Ewing,"KJ" Johnson,Pippen,Jordan,Malone,D.Wilkins,I.Thomas,Lambier,Olajoun,Marciulionis,Kuk

oc,Radja,Divac? That was a great time for basket!!!
Completely agree with you qwas. Nowadays NBA is just a show, a big show. I have written an article about that

Quote:Nobody would probably argue the fact that NBA is the strongest league in the world. Euroleague is catching up NBA and the level of the European teams is coming closer to NBA. Some of them are already the same level as those in the strongest basketball league. But I am not going to discuss the strength of the teams.

It is still a dream of many young and old baketball players to get to the NBA. But where is NBA moving? Is it worth all that attention? As I live in Lithuania, in a country where basketball is the second religion I have a different opinion. Let's compare the American and European style of the game. There are many new rule chnages in NBA to make the game more attractive for the spectators (for the American spectators I must say). The "fans" come to the game to see the show. Only a small part of them really cares which team will win the game. The only thing that interests them is slam dunks and spectacular performances from the star players. Spectators only come to have a good time and it has nothing to do with basketball. There is no passion for the game. It becomes boring. When you watch an NBA match there is no intrigue. And most importantly there is no defence. It is easy for the stars to score 81 points or make some slam dunks when there is nobody trying to stop you.

I would like to take a look at European basketball at the same point. First of all European fans are real fans. The atmosphere at the arenas of European teams can be compared to football matches (for those of you who don't follow basketball it should be the best example). Usually the match is intriguing from the first till the last minute. You won't see the scores like 120-125 in Europe. But that what makes the game interesting. Fans come to see the fight between two clubs not a single man show.

The other worrying thing about NBA is money. As Lithuanian superstar point guard Sarunas Jasikevicius said "I was surprised about attitude at the game in NBA. It's all about money. There is no passion for the game." I completely agree with this opinion. To sum up I can say that if NBA will continue to move in this direction one day it might become something like American wrestling which is fake.

The time that you mentioned was the golden age of NBA. It was real basketball. European basketball is quality.
Good article!I agree with you.
same most NBA players are just in it for the money its nice to see comitted players but it is rare. Back on topic my vote is for the Phoenix Suns or the Miami Heat
Spurs imo

They are a great team
Heat, Spurs, Pistons, Suns... one of this group ! Smile Knicks are at last place !! Sad so unreal!
agree with murdock it will be one of those teams
Probably Miami Heat, Pheonix Suns but i wish it was the Cleveland Cavaliers Sad
Probably Spurs for me!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Champ Lakers won't host fans until further notice ESPN NBA 0 699 Nov 12, 2020, 8:17 pm
Last Post: ESPN NBA
  Two-time defending champ Golden State Warriors switch up practice routine NBA News 0 924 Oct 6, 2018, 10:41 am
Last Post: NBA News
  Two-time champ West retires after 15 seasons ESPN NBA 0 894 Sep 2, 2018, 6:19 pm
Last Post: ESPN NBA
  2006-07 Play-Offs TalkBasket 33 17,120 Jun 16, 2007, 2:41 pm
Last Post: Black Urum
  NBA Draft 2006 TalkBasket 1 2,983 Jun 29, 2006, 9:32 am
Last Post: TalkBasket