Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The French organizing the F4 2010
What did you guys think of it?

I wasn't impressed. The TV transmission was rubbish in terms of replays. Where there was an interesting part where a replay was needed for a debated referee call, great play, dunk, block, etc. the stupid Euroleague TV wasn't replaying anything! At dumb random moments they were showing their massively stupid 'Action & Reaction'; what a player does on the court, and how the bench reacts after that. I DON'T CARE ABOUT ACTION AND REACTION! I wanna see the most important parts of a game right there and then!!!!

Oh, and what about the referees in the final? Apart from Brazauskas (thank god he's retiring), what the hell was that idiot Chambon doing refereeing in the finals?! He gave such stupid and indecisive calls to both Barca and Oly. What an embarassment after changing his opinion! The referee selection was MAJORLY flawed, and performance therefore poor to bad.

Just because you give money to the Euroleague, it shouldn't make you a favourite for hosting the F4 JUST because you give money!!! The French organization sucks! Give the organization to traditional basketball powerhouse countries for better results!

/ rant
[Image: paok0bw.gif]
The broadcast had its downsides as you said. I am not sure if Paris is responsible for that or is it Euroleague. They probably hired local TV company for the broadcast. In that case it can be mentioned as sign of a poor organization.

Speaking about the broadcast in general, it hasn't changed much over the decade. There could be lots of improvements made in order to make it better.

I wasn't paying too much attention to the referees since the game wasn't even close. Besides, I wasn't really rooting for one team that much either.

It would be interesting to hear the comments of those who were in Paris and had a direct experience of the whole organization.
Bersi is a great arena! One of the greatest in Europe, for sure. But, I don't like it's interior. Some seats r just to far away from the court. When Partizan lost it's first (and second) and when they started to sing with fans, u could see how far away they really were...

France nation is not basketball nation yet, but generally, it was ok. Waiting for the Belgrade to host Biggrin
(Mar 4, 2012, 7:59 pm)KAPALI Wrote: "...I can show U what I am everytime everywhere your web artist..."
As regard of Brodcasting.Much better was Partizan games in Belgrade Arena.You see that camera is almost from every corner.Also over head camera like in football. Biggrin
[Image: 26637_navijanjeee409_blic_markodjurica_f.jpg]
Well I was pretty appalled at the calls the refs made in the final, especially Chambon... what a douchebag, totally unfit to be taking part in a Euroleague final, obviously Brazauskas the butcher would be there as head ref, but the two sous-refs were just not good enough to be refereeing a Euroleague final.

And yeah, France isn't a basketball nation and doesn't understand how a basketball arena should be shaped. When I watch bball on TV, I like looking at every replay of a play from either side, whether a good shot, play, stupidity, fancy dive, block, etc. you name it. You can always fit those in with the constant pauses in the game, and makes for more enjoyable viewing.

I think Paris has had its' fair share of hosting the Euroleague for the next 50 years or so, and perhaps after that could be under consideration to host it again if they make it a better organized event.
[Image: paok0bw.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Decade's Best: Points from 2010 to 2020 EuroLeague News 0 699 Jul 31, 2020, 11:41 am
Last Post: EuroLeague News
  The Decade's Best: Free-throw shooting from 2010 to 2020 EuroLeague News 0 776 Jul 27, 2020, 3:22 am
  The Decade's Best: Three-point shooting from 2010 to 2020 EuroLeague News 0 739 Jul 21, 2020, 11:01 am
  The Decade's Best: Assists from 2010 to 2020 EuroLeague News 0 704 Jun 24, 2020, 7:20 pm
  THE DECADE'S BEST: Offensive rebounds, 2010 to 2020 EuroLeague News 0 733 Jun 13, 2020, 4:11 pm