Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BBL 2010/2011
So, the new season will start soon. Smile Regular season will be more interesting because Lietuvos Rytas and Žalgiris will play only from play-offs.

BBL 2010/2011 season preview
Bench-Warmer.net - my new web blog! ||| lt.bench-warmer.net - lietuviška blog'o versija! ||| I'm on twitter
Quote:So, the new season will start soon. Smile Regular season will be more interesting because Lietuvos Rytas and Žalgiris will play only from play-offs.

BBL 2010/2011 season preview

Excellent write up, this is all the information that I'm looking for in one location. I'm curious to see what VEF Riga's roster will look like as the season progresses.
Quote:Excellent write up, this is all the information that I'm looking for in one location. I'm curious to see what VEF Riga's roster will look like as the season progresses.

VEF has good roster, but what I could guess from friendly games, there might be some problems with team chemistry or something like that.
Bench-Warmer.net - my new web blog! ||| lt.bench-warmer.net - lietuviška blog'o versija! ||| I'm on twitter
Great job sagenas... Did you see my message on your profile?
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Quote:Great job sagenas... Did you see my message on your profile?

I've wrote that with two other bloggers, so it's not only mine post. Smile Thanks to them we made kinda of nice article which people likes. Yeah, I've seen it. I'll write that and then send it. Thanks.
I read somewhere about a team from Kazakhstan in BBL? Is is true?

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.

Quote:I read somewhere about a team from Kazakhstan in BBL? Is is true?

Officiall yes, in the BBL Elite Division which is what I would consider the BBL there are 6 teams from Lithuania, 4 from Latvia, 3 from Estonia and 1 from Sweden.

However, there is the pointless BBL Challenge Cup which has the next tier of teams (a significant drop in the level of play) and in the challenge cup there is Barsy from Kazakhstan.
Yeah, they've accepted BBL's conditions to pay everything by themselfes and to play all gameas as "away games" so other teams won't have to go to Kazakhstan.
So they travel every week from Kazakhstan to the Baltic? And all this for second division? They must be rich and eccentric.

Quote:So they travel every week from Kazakhstan to the Baltic? And all this for second division? They must be rich and eccentric.

Yeah, it seems so. But right now there wasn't any game of them, because bbl challenge cup just started. But they won't travel every week. Schedule made that they should play some games with only few free days between games. And their first game will be on november 9th.

2010.11.09 18:00 Alytus - Barsy Alytus sport and medical reabilition center
2010.11.11 18:30 Naglis - Barsy LCC International University
2010.11.13 17:30 Neptunas - Barsy Neptunas Basketball Arena
2010.11.19 19:00 Zemgale - Barsy Zemgales Olimpiskais centrs
2010.11.23 18:00 Alytus - Barsy Alytus sport and medical reabilition center

All these games will be in november. Smile

They will pay everything all by themselves. You know, Kazakhstan has many nature treasures so it shouldn't be problem for them.
About Kazakh team Atyrau "Barsy" and their playing in BBL Challenge Cup Smile
Can anyone tell me how Blaz Cresnar played this year? I know his stats, but I need to hear a report from someone who saw him play. Thank you.
Cresnas start the season very well, but later "Nevezis" signed contract with Klave and Milakauskas, dont't strange, that these transactions Cresnar playing time fell down. Also, Blaz sometimes did not have motivation, playing passive...
Not exactly like that. At first, Cresnar was in really good shape and showed what he has best - tall player, makes easy midrange jumpers, shows intensity in the post, great in the paint defensively also..but later Nevėžis' coach Girskis retired (and few days later died...very sad day for Lithuanians...), then Cresnar's shape dropped down, he wasn't showing good results and that's why Nevėžis decided to add other C - Mikalauskas...after that, Cresnar's time on the court was cut and he wasn't producing results at all...so team's management decided to part.

It is possible to get some games of Nevėžis but right now I found only this http://www.lkl.lt/rungtynes/20110208/kaunas-nevezis/ ...if you would like to see that game, feel free to ask me, I may help you.
Thank you both for the info!
Read my post about BBL's attendance and people of Baltic country thinking about BBL: Taking a look at BBL: low attendance, same with interest

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VTB league 2011/2012 straight forward 6 6,771 Dec 3, 2011, 1:22 am
Last Post: straight forward
  BBL 2011/12 Black Urum 0 3,362 Aug 1, 2011, 11:09 am
Last Post: Black Urum
  2010/11 BBL Signings and Rumours LastMan 2 5,027 Apr 26, 2011, 10:40 am
Last Post: Sagenas
  VTB United League 2010/2011 TalkBasket 26 19,176 Apr 14, 2011, 4:34 pm
Last Post: Sagenas