Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Euroleague ALL - DECADE Team
Quote:Euroleague Basketball is proud to announce that fans and media experts from around the continent have chosen 10 great champions and superstars to make up the Euroleague All-Decade Team.Voting that took place throughout the Top 16 included fans worldwide who cast more than 125,000 ballots and 1.25 million total votes on-line as well as 35 media experts who followed the Euroleague all decade in every country that has teams in the competition. Tabulations were made using 75% of the choices made by the media experts and 25% of the choices made by fans.
Biggrin

Euroleague All-Decade Team is: Laugh

Dejan Bodiroga

[Image: 58f.jpg]

Dimitris Diamantidis

J. R. Holden

[Image: 7dd.jpg]

Sarunas Jasikevicius

[Image: 188.jpg]

Trajan Langdon

[Image: n33340129736_6453.jpg]

Juan Carlos Navarro

Theo Papaloukas

Anthony Parker

Ramunas Siskauskas

[Image: ramunas_siskauskas.jpg]

Nikola Vujcic

[Image: 26637_navijanjeee409_blic_markodjurica_f.jpg]
All are great picks (three from the great maccabi of 2004-2006 Biggrin)
imo holden doesn't belong in that list. smodis or scola instead. or even both if you take langdon out too. then the balance between bigs and guards will also be better
Schwach wie flasche leer
Quote:imo holden doesn't belong in that list. smodis or scola instead. or even both if you take langdon out too. then the balance between bigs and guards will also be better

Holden and Langdon are on the list because they played well in previous years. Rolleyes
Marcus Brown and Mirsad Turkcan instead of above mentioned CSKA combo.
Quote:Marcus Brown and Mirsad Turkcan instead of above mentioned CSKA combo.

marcus brown is el's all-time leading scorer, so i guess he is more suited than holden. turkcan was the best rebounder. but neither of them has won anything.
Schwach wie flasche leer
Quote:marcus brown is el's all-time leading scorer, so i guess he is more suited than holden. turkcan was the best rebounder. but neither of them has won anything.

I accept that winning is a big booster in that kind of a discussion, and it makes a huge difference for sure. But compared to Vujcic, Turkcan didn't do anything less. Besides he is the record holder in rebounding. Winning would be a complementary for both of them of course, but even though they haven't any gold medals, they constantly craved for that in some high-caliber teams like CSKA and Montepaschi. If we consider -just for example- John Stockton one of the greatest basketball players ever ignoring the fact that he didn't win anything, it could be the same situation for Brown over Holden. I won't be so insistent on Turkcan, because he is one of my picks because of the big-small balance a little bit.
Quote:I accept that winning is a big booster in that kind of a discussion, and it makes a huge difference for sure. But compared to Vujcic, Turkcan didn't do anything less. Besides he is the record holder in rebounding. Winning would be a complementary for both of them of course, but even though they haven't any gold medals, they constantly craved for that in some high-caliber teams like CSKA and Montepaschi. If we consider -just for example- John Stockton one of the greatest basketball players ever ignoring the fact that he didn't win anything, it could be the same situation for Brown over Holden. I won't be so insistent on Turkcan, because he is one of my picks because of the big-small balance a little bit.

admitedly holden does not belong in that team and there are many options to pick from for his spot. As for Vujcic, i think the fact that he won the EL twice with Maccabi as well as the fact that he recorded the only 2 triple doubles this decade in EL surely weighed in his favor
Schwach wie flasche leer
im still not sure why is diamantidis 2# ? i think there are so many player deserve it
Quote:im still not sure why is diamantidis 2# ? i think there are so many player deserve it

For his hard defense? His still is same as Mustafa Abi/Alper Yilmaz.
Quote:im still not sure why is diamantidis 2# ? i think there are so many player deserve it

Euroleague not put a timetable on list of players.And then diamantidis is not ranking as 2#.This is only list.Not ranking.
Quote:For his hard defense? His still is same as Mustafa Abi/Alper Yilmaz.

its not right to compare diamantidis and alper yilmaz Smile i mean defense is not enough...

Well can you think of any other player that has won the Euroleague defensive player of the year award for FOUR years running since it's inception? Biggrin

Who would you like instead? Let me guess a Turkish player instead? Biggrin
[Image: paok0bw.gif]
Quote:For his hard defense? His still is same as Mustafa Abi/Alper Yılmaz.

Nope, Mustafa Abi or Alper Yilmaz haven't come even close to the stable number Diamantidis has put up throughout the years, Euroleague titles won, and Euroleague defender of the year for four years running, plus winning one gold medal in the Eurobasket in Belgrade 2005, and a silver medal in the WC in Saitama in Japan 2006.
Quote:Euroleague not put a timetable on list of players.And then diamantidis is not ranking as 2#.This is only list.Not ranking.

Yep, this list was 75% made up by experts on the sport following the Euroleague of each country closely for the past decade, and only 25% from votes of the fans.
Quote:imo holden doesn't belong in that list. smodis or scola instead. or even both if you take langdon out too. then the balance between bigs and guards will also be better

Scola never won a championship. How can you make that list without winning a championship?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EuroLeague Arenas TalkBasket 1 198 Nov 23, 2023, 1:54 pm
Last Post: TalkBasket
  2023-24 EuroLeague signings and rumors TalkBasket 0 204 Nov 22, 2023, 3:10 pm
Last Post: TalkBasket
  EuroLeague Fantasy Challenge tips: Something for everyone EuroLeague News 0 473 Nov 14, 2021, 7:39 am
Last Post: EuroLeague News
  EuroLeague on Social Media EuroLeague News 0 389 Nov 12, 2021, 8:55 pm
  EuroLeague Fantasy Challenge Round 8 winner EuroLeague News 0 401 Nov 12, 2021, 6:58 am