Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2010/11 season signings and rumours
[quote name='Hunter S. Thompson' date='17 July 2010 - 04:13 PM' timestamp='1279376011' post='23808']

PAO's big miastake was letting McIntyre get away !!! Their GM should be fired because of this. Apparently McIntyre wanted to go there badly, and PAO was dumb enough to think Spanoulis was going to stay!!!(Or was led to believe this by Raznatovic) and let McIntyre slip away to Malaga. Well at least there he will be paid on time!!

[/quote]

Are you implying that PAO does not pay their players? Where in the world did you get that info from? Let me guess ESPN?
[url="http://www.talkbasket.net/news/romain-sato-to-panathianikos-for-three-years-3468.html"]Romain Sato to Panathinaikos for three years[/url]
[quote name='Vilius' date='17 July 2010 - 06:52 PM' timestamp='1279381942' post='23810']

[url="http://www.talkbasket.net/news/romain-sato-to-panathianikos-for-three-years-3468.html"]Romain Sato to Panathinaikos for three years[/url]

[/quote]

Great signing, if it is true.
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Randolph Morris to MTA? according to one maccabi are considering him to the c position
[quote name='Black Urum' date='17 July 2010 - 11:57 PM' timestamp='1279403846' post='23811']

Great signing, if it is true.

[/quote]

He's a regular season player. Poor handles so he can't play as a shooting guard and very undersized at the SF position. Does not show up in big games or big moments when it matters. PAO could have done better for that kind of money. Not a very impressive signing at all for that cost.
Rudy would be a better solution, but Sato is a great player too...

Who is going to replace Marcus Haislip?

If I am wright, you have only Fotcis in PF...
[quote name='realno *w' date='19 July 2010 - 09:07 AM' timestamp='1279523279' post='23814']

Rudy would be a better solution, but Sato is a great player too...

Who is going to replace Marcus Haislip?

If I am wright, you have only Fotcis in PF...

[/quote]

Haislip has been gone for a long time. He was only signed as a temporary fix last year because Kostas Tsartsaris was injured. PAO PF rotation is Antonis Fotsis/Kostas Kaimakoglou/Kostas Tsartsaris.

As far as Sato goes, there is no way in hell that he is worth 2 million euros a season. They totally overpaid for him. He's worth like 1.3-1.5 max.
[quote name='Panathinaikos' date='19 July 2010 - 11:17 AM' timestamp='1279531035' post='23815']

Haislip has been gone for a long time. He was only signed as a temporary fix last year because Kostas Tsartsaris was injured. PAO PF rotation is Antonis Fotsis/Kostas Kaimakoglou/Kostas Tsartsaris.

[/quote]

I forgat that...

And also I forgot Kaimakoglou. Now, when you signed Sato, Kaimakoglu is definitely going on PF.
Lior Eliyahu is comming back to MTA!
[quote name='Roy M' date='19 July 2010 - 12:04 PM' timestamp='1279533893' post='23817']

[/quote]

damn... great player, one of my favs...
[quote name='Roy M' date='19 July 2010 - 12:04 PM' timestamp='1279533893' post='23817']

[/quote]

I never understood why he left there. He was rapidly becoming an elite player there and then he left to go to the ultimate player's coach.............
What about De Colo?

[url="http://thehoopsmarket.blogspot.com/2010/07/olympiakos-and-panathinaikos-interested.html"]LINK[/url]

[/quote]

I don't know man

I don't doubt the fact that Eliyahu is not completely happy in Spain

but..Maccabi was interested in Macvan but didn't want to pay a buy-out

Maccabi wants Carroll but again..buy-out is probably a deal-breaker

so..Eliyahu? he probably has a bigger buy-out then both of them combined

again..I can believe the fact that Maccabi and him agreed terms but..the buy-out would be the deal-breaker here

I don't think he would play for Maccabi next year

hope he will

but..don't think so
[quote name='Maccabi_Fan19' date='19 July 2010 - 05:01 PM' timestamp='1279544499' post='23821']

I don't know man

I don't doubt the fact that Eliyahu is not completely happy in Spain

but..Maccabi was interested in Macvan but didn't want to pay a buy-out

Maccabi wants Carroll but again..buy-out is probably a deal-breaker

so..Eliyahu? he probably has a bigger buy-out then both of them combined

again..I can believe the fact that Maccabi and him agreed terms but..the buy-out would be the deal-breaker here

I don't think he would play for Maccabi next year

hope he will

but..don't think so

[/quote]

I'm not sure that it will be B-O here...
[quote name='Roy M' date='19 July 2010 - 03:05 PM' timestamp='1279544701' post='23822']

I'm not sure that it will be B-O here...

[/quote]

I hope not..I've been reading in the past few days that Caja is interested in a few PFs and Esteban Batista..so maybe it's true that Eliyahu is coming back

but..I don't know..so many ''done-deal'' named since May(Macvan,Raduljica,Carroll etc.)I just don't see Eliyahu playing for us next season

it's like Mccalebb's agent said:''Mccalebb wants to play for Maccabi very much but it's complicated because of the money''

Maccabi can agree with Eliyahu all they want..it's the money that would be payed to Caja that's the real issue here
[quote name='realno *w' date='19 July 2010 - 01:47 PM' timestamp='1279540051' post='23820']

What about De Colo?

[url="http://thehoopsmarket.blogspot.com/2010/07/olympiakos-and-panathinaikos-interested.html"]LINK[/url]

[/quote]

Well he's a really nice player. I don't see why PAO has any interest though. There is no room for him. Olympiacos needs a SG so it makes perfect sense. De Colo is a very nice player. To me that would be a better signing than Sato.

From that article it sounds like Saras is definitely out of PAO. It says that the Panathinaikos coaching staff no longer trusts him to stay healthy.
According to this Sofoklis Schortsanitis would likely end up with Panathinaikos.

http://sport24.gr/html/ent/985/ent.375985.asp

I don't know if that happens.......Panathinaikos' roster moves are starting to get really questionable to me. Kaimakoglou and Vougioukas was a good start. But then really overpaying for Sato, then paying a lot for a guy that only plays 10 minutes in Sofo.

I don't like the moves they are making.
Maccabi, Lior and his father denied it.

Maccabi is not usually refers to publications, perhaps this time they treated it because it is true.
[quote name='cidow' date='19 July 2010 - 08:07 PM' timestamp='1279555648' post='23826']

Maccabi, Lior and his father denied it.

Maccabi is not usually refers to publications, perhaps this time they treated it because it is true.

[/quote]

Where did U see Lior's deny?
Chris Mihm to MTA? any body know something about it?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2023-24 EuroLeague signings and rumors TalkBasket 0 183 Nov 22, 2023, 3:10 pm
Last Post: TalkBasket
  Fantasy Challenge: Two major signings EuroLeague News 0 296 Oct 26, 2021, 8:59 am
Last Post: EuroLeague News
  Fantasy tips: Regular Season, Round 3 EuroLeague News 0 321 Oct 16, 2021, 3:28 pm
  Coaches may challenge one official's call per game this season EuroLeague News 0 311 Oct 2, 2021, 6:12 am
  Fantasy Challenge tips: Regular Season, Round 1 EuroLeague News 0 320 Sep 29, 2021, 9:08 am