Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EFES planning to unite with partizan !
The food giant invests 25 million euros a year into the club. I just don't see them spending that money on a Serbian club. The biggest Moscow club would make a lot more sense financially.
Maybe they r looking for a good school in Serbia... Maybe they want to send young Turkish players to learn in Serbia and make a nice NT for the future... I dunno, maybe it is not all about the money, but I don't believe it either Tongue

Today, I bought newspaper and saw this news, so, now everyone knows about it. We will soon c the reaction of people.

And, Efes Pilsen Partizan??? Lol at the name... Partizan Efes Pilsen sounds better...
(Mar 4, 2012, 7:59 pm)KAPALI Wrote: "...I can show U what I am everytime everywhere your web artist..."
Quote:Hi people....

Yeah they said effes will have to "shut down" the club coz of those new laws. And their first option is to sponsor Partizan coz of the obvious reasons. Partizan has reached top 8 in the last 3 years and final 4 this year, all that with budget around 3 millions. They did amaizing things like kicking Panathanaikos 2 times in the last 3 years both times as European champion. Only team to beat Barca, and beating all those clubs with 10 times bigger budgets. Effes itself had a budget of 25-30 millions and now you can imagine what could partizan do with half of that money. F4 every year? Smile

And of course they wouldnt become owners or something so they can choose players, they just gonna sponsor BC Partizan. Also its not true that the most important players in partizan are foreigners. I mean maybe this year we got 3 very good foreign players but all through the history never. The fact is apart from some university in US partizan had made the most NBA players, 95% of Serbian-Yugoslavian players were from partizan and we all know that Serbia-Yugoslavio is probably the most successful national team in this sport. So yeah, Partizan never needed money to buy players, the only problem was to keep them and we never could , coz our best player left every year to the best clubs in europe or NBA... If partizan had that money last 1-2 years and if we kept our best players i think we would be favourites to win this years eurolague...

You must be joking. Biggrin It's not that simple as it seems. Money won't give you victories and fame ;]]] And Partizan might not product good players every year, it's natural that is good generations and bad generations...some time ago Serbia wasn't strong in EC, but now they're one of best teams, because right now they have such a good players like Teodosic, Tripkovic, Velickovic and others.
Bench-Warmer.net - my new web blog! ||| lt.bench-warmer.net - lietuviška blog'o versija! ||| I'm on twitter
Yeah, but, our younger NT's r all champions of everything there is Tongue So, I think we r backed up for a few more generations Biggrin

And, damn, we know best of all that money will not give us victories and fame, cause we have both of them without money Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin kidding... u r wright, but, certainly, it is a good start for a strong team every year...
(Mar 4, 2012, 7:59 pm)KAPALI Wrote: "...I can show U what I am everytime everywhere your web artist..."
Quote:You must be joking. Biggrin It's not that simple as it seems. Money won't give you victories and fame ;]]] And Partizan might not product good players every year, it's natural that is good generations and bad generations...some time ago Serbia wasn't strong in EC, but now they're one of best teams, because right now they have such a good players like Teodosic, Tripkovic, Velickovic and others.

Im not joking, look Serbia as a national team wasnt good at one point not because we had bad players but because we were not playing with our best players. I mean this might sound like a bad excuse but its true, at one point we had like 7-8 players in the NBA and they were not playing for the national team.

And another thing about partizan, well i didnt say we would be in the top 4 everu year 100% no one can guarantee that one. But some other teams did that .They were in the top 4 for a few years in a row and i cant see the reason why partizan cant be in the top every season with big budget if we are doing it with the smallest budget in the competition. And honestly this year partizan had the weakest team in the last 3 years, i mean when you look at the names we were stronger last 2 years. And as i said we are making top players for the last 50 years Smile, with bigger budget, the best coach and the best crowd i cant see why we wouldnt be in the top 8-4 every season.
Quote:The food giant invests 25 million euros a year into the club. I just don't see them spending that money on a Serbian club. The biggest Moscow club would make a lot more sense financially.

Hm if u were the owner of such a big company would you invest that much money in the team thats already rich . Or would you rather spend a lot less money and invest in the team that is as successful as the other one. I mean after last couple of years i can say that Partizan is more popular around Europe than CSKA is. How many TVs or newspapers had stories about Serbian masterpiece, miracle, the best crowd in Europe..... I read so many comments and messages from people all over the europe how they like the club and they will support them as they are proof that money budget isnt everything etc........
Efes company said that options are Partizan or Spartak Moscow.
A curious event if it happens at all...

Obviously PAOK fans won't be happy that the Grobari will be becoming Turkish at the same time Tongue
[Image: paok0bw.gif]
Quote:A curious event if it happens at all...

Obviously PAOK fans won't be happy that the Grobari will be becoming Turkish at the same time Tongue

In turkey people are so friendly.They have sympathy serbians and so partizan.i was born in bulgaria and travelled ex-yugo countrs.I know what serbians thinkin Smile If they see ''svaki turcina zna svaka bula zna'' they will shock Smile Im againist unitin with any serbian club but turks lookin pink glasses and favorable.I hope it wont...
Because of the laws in serbia you cant by partizan no matter what, so no chance they can become owners or anything, that would be a sponsorship only...
Quote:Hm if u were the owner of such a big company would you invest that much money in the team thats already rich . Or would you rather spend a lot less money and invest in the team that is as successful as the other one. I mean after last couple of years i can say that Partizan is more popular around Europe than CSKA is. How many TVs or newspapers had stories about Serbian masterpiece, miracle, the best crowd in Europe..... I read so many comments and messages from people all over the europe how they like the club and they will support them as they are proof that money budget isnt everything etc........

Right, and when they have a 30 million euro budget they won't be the cinderella underdog anymore. In fact, they will be one of the teams those people want the "little" clubs like Maroussi to beat. All of the reasons people make a big deal out of Partizan are gone as soon as they have a top 5-6 budget in Europe, which they would if they combined with Efes.

Of course Partizan has a better arena and better fans, but how much money do they make in Belgrade? Not very much. This club is used to Istanbul finances and that's a huge difference from Belgrade. Moscow just makes more sense financially.

I admit from a fan standpoint it would be more interesting to see what Partizan could do with a big budget and adding another really rich team to Euroleague, but that had better management, unlike Efes that just spends a bunch of money with no plan. But it does not seem to make sense financially to choose Partizan over CSKA.

Anyway, Partizan will become just as hated as Panathinaikos when they start buying any player they want. Fans will immediately find some other "poor" club, like Maroussi or someone like that to root for and Partizan will be called "rich club just buying championships".
...That would all happen, yes, if EFES's people manage to come on the top of the Partizan. But, at this time, after god knows how many years, we have excellent sport part of the Serbia. I mean, Predrag Danilovic, along with Vujosevic would never allow such a thing to happen. Also, on every EL game there was and even on some of the domestic league there is Duda Ivkovic sitting on the bench. Do u think that he would let his most richer pool of talents to be destroyed, and so the future of NT to be destroyed, just for money and one generation title? No, i don't think so... Oh, i didn't even start to mention big names... What about Vlade Divac who is president of OLYMPIC committee? Who is number one man in sport in Serbia. As u can see, there is a lot of people to be "convinced" so that Partizan becomes "rich club just buying championships."
Quote:Yeah, but, our younger NT's r all champions of everything there is Tongue So, I think we r backed up for a few more generations Biggrin

And, damn, we know best of all that money will not give us victories and fame, cause we have both of them without money Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin kidding... u r wright, but, certainly, it is a good start for a strong team every year...

Youth NT is very big question. Young players of Lithuania and Serbia are one of the best in the world, but very big thing is where they could play...in what team? If they may play in team with bad organisation and GM, then there's almost no chance to make a very good players from them. Smile

Quote:Im not joking, look Serbia as a national team wasnt good at one point not because we had bad players but because we were not playing with our best players. I mean this might sound like a bad excuse but its true, at one point we had like 7-8 players in the NBA and they were not playing for the national team.

And another thing about partizan, well i didnt say we would be in the top 4 everu year 100% no one can guarantee that one. But some other teams did that .They were in the top 4 for a few years in a row and i cant see the reason why partizan cant be in the top every season with big budget if we are doing it with the smallest budget in the competition. And honestly this year partizan had the weakest team in the last 3 years, i mean when you look at the names we were stronger last 2 years. And as i said we are making top players for the last 50 years Smile, with bigger budget, the best coach and the best crowd i cant see why we wouldnt be in the top 8-4 every season

Yeah yeah. Every country have excuses. I can say, if your players don't want to play in NT, maybe then they're bad as peoples? Maybe they don't care about their country? Basketball schools and teams must not only make them good players, but and good people as well. ;]]]

By the way, for young players it's hard to play with stars. If Partizan budget may be very big, then they have a few very good players, but young prospects couldn't play as they play now. Smile

And for the end...if Partizan gets mant money they could be like other team...that atmosphere, that what is nice to see may dissapper. ;]] I'm talking not about money. Smile
Bench-Warmer.net - my new web blog! ||| lt.bench-warmer.net - lietuviška blog'o versija! ||| I'm on twitter
Quote:Youth NT is very big question. Young players of Lithuania and Serbia are one of the best in the world, but very big thing is where they could play...in what team? If they may play in team with bad organisation and GM, then there's almost no chance to make a very good players from them. Smile

And for the end...if Partizan gets mant money they could be like other team...that atmosphere, that what is nice to see may dissapper. ;]] I'm talking not about money. Smile

And Serbia and Lithuania have at least two teams where players can develop. Serbia is playing in a strong Adriatic league and young players play a lot of big games. If the plan comes to life that there will be second Adriatic league, then more and more players will come. That is why I am not worried. And we have excellent "political" part of the basketball, so u c my point.

About this second stuff u were talking. That is a lot, a lot of assumptions. Fans r there for 30 years. Only in the latest years is Partizan playing good, and thus the fans became known around the globe. But they were always there, in good and in bad times, so I don't think that the magic will disappear over night. If Partizan becomes the nest of foreign stars one day, than I will stop going to the games as most people will. Cause our players r heart of a team, even they r not the best (this season). But for the process of that kind it takes at least 5 years to make a difference. And we will think of that problem when it comes, not before, not after...
Its realy stupid to think that Efes will give us 20-30 milion, we just need money to keep some players 5-6 milion per season will be ok..
Yeah, but this thread is not about what Partizan wants, it's about what EFES wants...
Quote:...That would all happen, yes, if EFES's people manage to come on the top of the Partizan. But, at this time, after god knows how many years, we have excellent sport part of the Serbia. I mean, Predrag Danilovic, along with Vujosevic would never allow such a thing to happen. Also, on every EL game there was and even on some of the domestic league there is Duda Ivkovic sitting on the bench. Do u think that he would let his most richer pool of talents to be destroyed, and so the future of NT to be destroyed, just for money and one generation title? No, i don't think so... Oh, i didn't even start to mention big names... What about Vlade Divac who is president of OLYMPIC committee? Who is number one man in sport in Serbia. As u can see, there is a lot of people to be "convinced" so that Partizan becomes "rich club just buying championships."

You didn't understand what I said. I said if Efes invests the money in Partizan they won't be the popular underdog in Europe anymore. They will be the hated "big rich club buying championships" just like CSKA and PAO are hated. I'm not talking about the club's management style. I'm talking about how fans across Europe would view them.

The argument was being made that Partizan is loved by fans across Europe and CSKA is hated. My point is that as soon as Partizan became a club with a huge budget they won't be popular anymore by fans in Europe and will be hated. Whether or not they are actually a rich club buying championships or not is besides the point. Fans across Europe will call them that whether it is true or not.
Aha, ok, then...

But still, as I've said it before, it wont happen in the first year, u know. And, I am positive that it will never happen with Grobari, that is for sure. And about the rest of the Europe, yes, one day it will stop being that "Robin Hood" team, but that is what is like in show-business, and Sport is more and more like show... I am sure that in few years, Maroussi will take its place, or whatever other new underdog club, cause with or without money, Partizan is loosing it...
Well as someone said i dont think they would invest 20-30 millions as they are doing in effes. Firstly because they are the owners of Effes and that wont be the same with Partizan. As i said there is no chance for them to become owners or to be asked about anything, they can only be a main sponsor... And because of that i dont think they are going to invest such a big money, and of course we dont need that much money, not even half of it. Just enough money to keep our players for a few years, we wouldnt need foreigners and we would keep developing players as we did through all these years. Thats actually our biggest problem, we make great players but we have to sell them before they are completely developed. Like this year if we had just a good 3p shooter like Tripkovic who left last season we would probably make it to the finals much easier...
Quote:And Serbia and Lithuania have at least two teams where players can develop. Serbia is playing in a strong Adriatic league and young players play a lot of big games. If the plan comes to life that there will be second Adriatic league, then more and more players will come. That is why I am not worried. And we have excellent "political" part of the basketball, so u c my point.

About this second stuff u were talking. That is a lot, a lot of assumptions. Fans r there for 30 years. Only in the latest years is Partizan playing good, and thus the fans became known around the globe. But they were always there, in good and in bad times, so I don't think that the magic will disappear over night. If Partizan becomes the nest of foreign stars one day, than I will stop going to the games as most people will. Cause our players r heart of a team, even they r not the best (this season). But for the process of that kind it takes at least 5 years to make a difference. And we will think of that problem when it comes, not before, not after...

future will show us... Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Efes bolsters attack with Bryant EuroLeague News 0 374 Oct 24, 2021, 2:35 pm
Last Post: EuroLeague News
  Roster rundown: Anadolu Efes Istanbul EuroLeague News 0 306 Sep 27, 2021, 5:57 am
  EuroLeague preseason: Efes, Panathinaikos to meet in tourney final EuroLeague News 0 315 Sep 22, 2021, 4:44 am
  The champs from Efes meet the media, too! EuroLeague News 0 294 Sep 17, 2021, 12:06 am
  EuroLeague preseason: CSKA beats Zenit, Efes wins EuroLeague News 0 318 Sep 14, 2021, 10:14 am