Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lietuvos Rytas 2010/2011
Rytas already has their final roster for upcoming season. They are really fast as always Smile

C: Valančiūnas, Camalis Nalga
PF: Bajramovič, Bjelica, Staniulis
SF: Jomantas, Newley, Buterlevičius, Bendžius
SG: Gecevičius, Šikšnius, Dambrauskas
PG: Miloševič, Jerry Johnson, Kelys

These two bold are latest additions.

I think Rytas is very interesing team for upcoming season with way bigger potential.
I can't wait for the next season Smile)) Roster is very good, except C position, I think. But I'm waiting for the best - next season winners of LKF, BBL, LKL, medal in VTB and top 8 in euroleague Smile)
Bench-Warmer.net - my new web blog! ||| lt.bench-warmer.net - lietuviška blog'o versija! ||| I'm on twitter
Quote:I can't wait for the next season Smile)) Roster is very good, except C position, I think. But I'm waiting for the best - next season winners of LKF, BBL, LKL, medal in VTB and top 8 in euroleague Smile)

I hope you're right! I'm not sure how that roster will do. It doesn't overwhelm me on paper but they may play well as a team.

Cemal Nalga was with Alba Berlin last season so I had plenty of opportunities to get acquainted with his game. He's a very big body and will be a decent back up. His PT was limited last season as there were better big men in Berlin. There will be a lot of pressure on Valanciunas to perform next season. I know that Nalga is still quite young but I don't see him ever being anything too special, just a solid big off the bench.
That suits Lietuvos Rytas perfectly. Smile If he's better than Baynes, then it will be good enough and I believe that Valančiūnas every game play better and better.
Bench-Warmer.net - my new web blog! ||| lt.bench-warmer.net - lietuviška blog'o versija! ||| I'm on twitter
What are the thoughts on the new Rytas logo? It's not a drastic change and I like that they worked in the Gedimino Stulpai but I think that I prefer the old logo if I had to select.
Quote:What are the thoughts on the new Rytas logo? It's not a drastic change and I like that they worked in the Gedimino Stulpai but I think that I prefer the old logo if I had to select.

I prefer the new one. Yes, it's more typical but at the same type it looks more modern, probably because I got used to the old one. If I didn't such team as Rytas and I only saw their new logo it would give me an impression that they are stronger than if I saw the old logo. Just my thoughts.
Interesting squad.

Are there plans to buy a C if Valančiūnas is sold to Olympiacos?
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Quote:Interesting squad.

Are there plans to buy a C if Valančiūnas is sold to Olympiacos?

Vainauskas made it clear that Valančiūnas isn't going anywhere this season despite what offer Olympiacos makes for him. So unless both clubs agree that Valančiūnas will be sent on loan this season, the deal won't happen.
I just tried to enter Lietuvos Rytas website and my anti-virus terminated the connection due to a trojan there. Ohmy

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.

Quote:I just tried to enter Lietuvos Rytas website and my anti-virus terminated the connection due to a trojan there. Ohmy

Maybe they are trying to keep NBA scouts away from Valančiūnas Tongue

Seriously the website is pretty crappy.
Rytas signed Petras Buločka (23 yo) 204cm, NCAA player.

Acording to GM Vainauskas, Unicaja offered such buyout for Gecevičius that would change Rytas budget generally, but "the club decided to go harder way and to keep a player who's heart belongs to Rytas" (Crazy). Despite this funny quote I would like to know what kind of buyout that was.

Lrytas.lt saying that was a 0,5 mill Euros buyout. Impressive.
I'm looking forward ot next summer to see in which city Gecevicius heart will be beating after his contract expires...

Speaking of hearts... off topic...

[Image: greenbill.jpg]

Right now roster of Lietuvos Rytas is even better. Smile Baločka is solid player and I think he will play better in Europe. Smile It's very good.

Black Urum, I think TOP Eurolegue teams may want Gecevičius after this summer and especially after next season. Smile
Žydrūnas Kelys out of the team for 6 months (will need another operation of his hand). That means S. Buterlevičius taking the spot.
So, how long will Anzulovic stay in Rytas? This is a half-serious question but for sure yesterday's performance makes me ask it. It wasn't like Rock played fantastic or extremely motivated. There's no excuse for the loss other than 1) total lack of motivation or 2) very poor coaching and very poor preparation. Of course it was only the first official game for both teams. In spite of that Rytas should have won without too much troubles.

In previous years Bjelica was playing at the limit (or a bit above it) of his abilities. However, he was terrible in BBL Cup. Other players struggled as well. It might take more time for the to adjust to the new coach though.

Knowing Vainauskas, he will either act now or wait for the Euroleague to start. We can only judge by what we see on TV and on the court but he knows players' opinions too. That's also very important. If the players have no trust in Anzulovic then there's only one solution. Players know that too so the future of the coach is partly in their hands.

Maybe this game will be forgotten and we'll see a different team soon.
Yeah, coach is very important, but c'mon, he isn't God too. Everyone's fault is the same. They've been playing like asleep and I believe that we won't see things like this in other games. Believe it.
I wouldn't be surprised about re-hiring new coach in two upcoming days. On other hand Vainauskas will probably wait for Euroleague and VTB.

Edit: Seems like that loss won't have that big price for the coach. Vainauskas claiming it's no big deal as they need their top performance only at the end of winter. I won't mention some arrogant bullshit he mentioned as well Smile
First losing to Tartu...

And now losing 42 pts in two days to two teams? And one of them sucks. I'm afraid Rytas will roll in the worst category of EL teams.

Quote:First losing to Tartu...

And now losing 42 pts in two days to two teams? And one of them sucks. I'm afraid Rytas will roll in the worst category of EL teams.

That's very strange. The roster isn't worse than last year, but the team is not playing well. I wonder how long will Vainauskas wait.
It's even weirder that there are almost no comments from the team, neither coach nor players except a short quote by Anzulovic who said that the players need time to adjust to each other which sounds funny at this point when all the preparation cycle is basically over.

Kurtinaitis is known for having a big mouth but he already said that it seems that Stelmahers will replace Anzulovic soon. I'm not even talking about Vainauskas's interview after BBL Cup.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vilnius "Lietuvos Rytas" 2011/2012 straight forward 34 24,543 May 17, 2012, 9:08 pm
Last Post: tarelibasket
  Zalgiris Kaunas 2011/12 Black Urum 47 29,808 Feb 11, 2012, 1:52 pm
Last Post: stefans
  LKL 2011/2012 straight forward 1 3,974 Nov 27, 2011, 3:21 pm
Last Post: Sagenas
  Lietuvos Rytas 11/12 Sagenas 3 4,652 Jun 9, 2011, 6:26 am
Last Post: alen
  LKL final 2010/2011 straight forward 19 14,249 May 20, 2011, 11:47 pm
Last Post: stefans