Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maccabi Tel Aviv 2010/2011
[quote name='Maccabi_Fan19' date='17 June 2010 - 04:16 PM' timestamp='1276787762' post='22434']

Elishay Kadir signed with Maccabi for 3 years

source:

http://www.sport5.co.il/HTML/articles/Ar...80445.html

[/quote]

dont like him hi will be the new green wont play very and he cant handle European players

and hi dosnt have a jump shot or any shot dam
[quote name='yking' date='17 June 2010 - 05:20 PM' timestamp='1276788016' post='22436']

dont like him hi will be the new green wont play very and he cant handle European players

and hi dosnt have a jump shot or any shot dam

[/quote]

yeah I completely agree

on one hand..maybe we're seeing the end of Green im Maccabi..and I love it I just love it.

BUT

Kadir is not big enough to be a 4 in the euroleague but at the same time he can't shoot a jump shot or a 3pt...but hey...if we're willing to bring a forgein player to the team and give Blatt time to make him a better player then I think we need to give the same benefit of the doubt to Kadir.

maybe he'll prove us wrong.
[quote name='Maccabi_Fan19' date='17 June 2010 - 04:23 PM' timestamp='1276788213' post='22437']

yeah I completely agree

on one hand..maybe we're seeing the end of Green im Maccabi..and I love it I just love it.

BUT

Kadir is not big enough to be a 4 in the euroleague but at the same time he can't shoot a jump shot or a 3pt...but hey...if we're willing to bring a forgein player to the team and give Blatt time to make him a better player then I think we need to give the same benefit of the doubt to Kadir.

maybe he'll prove us wrong.

[/quote]

god dam i hope so i dont think hi well be somthing special at all but maybe blatt well do something with him who knows
who do we have in the roster for now tal eidson kadir pnini sharp bluth did i forget anyone?
according to sport5.co.il...Jeff Foote

but Pnini as well
according to some sights you have macvan raduljica hendrix and god knows who else im talking about done deals
I know that you're talking about done deals that's why I didn't say Hendrix,Raduljica,Macvan etc.(I wish I could)

But as I understand it..Foote already signed and now it's just a matter of officially announcing it
ok next name jon scheyre pg and sg good shooter smart watched him playing this year great player
LOVE HIM

every player has an alternative for me..if he won't sign..fine..we'll land someone else

but Scheyer is a player that I want to see in Maccabi so badly!! he's such an amazing player!!!

I hope that the meaning of that is that if Scheyer will sign..they'll have to sign a big foreign PG so Mekel won't be in Maccabi
hendrix is to short to be a center i think you need players that are centers and players that are pf
[quote name='stefans' date='19 June 2010 - 01:47 AM' timestamp='1276897653' post='22540']

Omar Cook is free agent

Omar Cook parted ways with Unicaja. The Montenegrin guard spent the last two season in Malaga. Last season Omar Cook tallied 8.6 points, 5.7 assists and 1.4 rebounds per game in the ACB. In Euroleague the guard averaged 9.7 points, 5.9 assists, 1.8 rebounds and 1.2 steals per appearance. Last year Omar Cook appeared in six games of the European Championship in Division B. He scored 8.0 points, dished out 4.5 assists and made 2.2 steals per game for Montenegro.

[/quote]

Yayyyy! I would love to see him in Maccabi.
[quote name='Roy M' date='18 June 2010 - 11:31 PM' timestamp='1276900260' post='22547']

Yayyyy! I would love to see him in Maccabi.

[/quote]

is he right for maccabi? hi is a very good pg but not a scorer as 1st pg dont thing so 2pg why not
first of thay wont keep anderson dont worry second we need a big strong center just like raduljica. pf with macvan and kadir + bluth i think that well be 3 if bluth continues to play 4. we need a big man to control rebounds and not a combo c pf it doesn't work we had lasme to show us that 2 centers 2 pf 1 combo guard 2 sg 2 pg that is the basic on that model you can add a pf-c like hendrix and another combo guard maybe so what do we have right now? not much re building again that sucks but that is the case lets hope for the best
[quote name='Maccabi_Fan19' date='19 June 2010 - 07:50 PM' timestamp='1276973415' post='22569']

yeah but think about it like that...right now we have Kadir and Foote...let's just say that Macvan is a done deal(I really hope so)now we have 2 PF and 1 C...but kadir is not exactly your Ideal PF..he's the same height as Pnini..Pnini is a 3...so again..if Blatt want 1(!!)more player for our frontline than we need a combo player

cause if your team needs SG and PG but can only afford one player you'd go for someone that can play both

I want Raduljica here but we need another PF as well as another C..and Raduljica can't play PF..and Hendrix can play PF and C

[/quote]

ok now you can get a center and a pf dont need to chose
[quote name='Maccabi_Fan19' date='19 June 2010 - 07:55 PM' timestamp='1276973747' post='22572']

I don't think we can...we have 3 players in our frontline(Kadir,Foote,Macvan)and as I see it we'll have 4...not 5

5 would be nice cause then we can get C and PF but I don't see it happening

[/quote]

why not? we can its the right thing to do kadir is not a pf for Europe at least no now any way next year maybe hi wont play much because he has no experience next year well see him more
[quote name='yking' date='19 June 2010 - 09:04 PM' timestamp='1276974253' post='22575']

why not? we can its the right thing to do kadir is not a pf for Europe at least no now any way next year maybe hi wont play much because he has no experience next year well see him more

[/quote]

Becuase..if we'll have 5 players then obviously the player who would play the least would be Kadir and then everyone would say that we're benching him and he made a mistake coming here...the whole reason that Blatt is here and we're starting this new project is that people won't say that we're benching (young)Israeli players
[quote name='Maccabi_Fan19' date='19 June 2010 - 08:10 PM' timestamp='1276974612' post='22577']

Becuase..if we'll have 5 players then obviously the player who would play the least would be Kadir and then everyone would say that we're benching him and he made a mistake coming here and the whole reason that Blatt is here and we're starting this new project is that people won't say that we're benching (young)Israeli players

[/quote]

its basketball not magic we cant make him a euroleague in a day! hi need to learn how to handle himself is a euro game it dosnt come at one so it the right thing to do let 5 -8 minutes per game not more is the first year we cant let him play 15-20 minutes it dosent make any sense lior started playing his minutes only the last season hi was in maccabi hi was on the bench did him very well hi learned hi way improved hi game and then got his 18 minutes per game
The way I see it, the whole frontline is a big future project, I just hope for two things, that they'll give Blatt the time (and the credit) and that no European or NBA team will steal them after a year or two..
[quote name='MaccabiTA' date='19 June 2010 - 09:18 PM' timestamp='1276975115' post='22583']

The way I see it, the whole frontline is a big future project, I just hope for two things, that they'll give Blatt the time (and the credit) and that no European or NBA team will steal them after a year or two..

[/quote]

Right now everyone is saying that it's a for the future and it's great but if we'll loose in January to Rmat-Gan than no one would care anymore...I think it's a mistake..and I also think that so far Blatt is doing a great job(with the signings)so we need to give him time..but I like how it looks so far

and I think that that's basically the reason why they're signing every player for 3 years..so we can build something and if a team would want to sign a player than they'll have to pay..big
You must understand that all teams are cutting down. So all teams will have weaker (or seemingly weaker) squads with more local players and unknown foreigners getting more playing time.

I don't see how Blatt can be any worse than Pini next season. Also Maccabi has financial stability, a sold-out season tickets arena and tradition.

It's only a matter of time now...
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OFFICIAL Maccabi Tel-Aviv Thread TalkBasket 0 2,089 Sep 8, 2018, 8:31 am
Last Post: TalkBasket
  Maccabi Tel Aviv 2014/2015 TalkBasket 3 7,352 Feb 28, 2015, 2:08 pm
Last Post: TalkBasket
  Maccabi Tel Aviv 2012/2013 alen 14 15,546 Oct 25, 2012, 5:52 pm
Last Post: israelsportsradio
  Maccabi Tel Aviv 2011/2012 MaccabiTA 92 59,640 Mar 17, 2012, 3:06 pm
Last Post: Roy M
  Israeli BSL 2011/2012 MaccabiTA 11 9,903 Jan 30, 2012, 8:59 pm