Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Mediterranean League
I heard that the owners of Olympiacos are working on starting a new big international league, called the "Mediterranean League".

The goal of the new Mediterranean League is to replace the Spanish ACB League as the premiere regional/domestic league in Europe and to improve the level and quality of competition for the clubs participating in the league, versus what they currently have in their national domestic leagues.

The new league would include clubs such as Lottomatica Roma, Armani Milano, Montepaschi Siena, Olympiacos Piraeus, Panathinaikos Athens, Aris Thessaloniki, Fenerbache Ulker, Efes Pilsen, Maccabi Tel Aviv and others.

The clubs would also have to play their home games in a 5,000 seat arena.
Quote:I heard that the owners of Olympiacos are working on starting a new big international league, called the "Mediterranean League".

The goal of the new Mediterranean League is to replace the Spanish ACB League as the premiere regional/domestic league in Europe and to improve the level and quality of competition for the clubs participating in the league, versus what they currently have in their national domestic leagues.

The new league would include clubs such as Lottomatica Roma, Armani Milano, Montepaschi Siena, Olympiacos Piraeus, Panathinaikos Athens, Aris Thessaloniki, Fenerbache Ulker, Efes Pilsen, Maccabi Tel Aviv and others.

The clubs would also have to play their home games in a 5,000 seat arena.

Maccabi? really? no one said anything about it in Israel.

but I still don't get it..is it suppose to be instead of the Israeli league for Maccabi for example?

or is it like...the Adriatic league for Partizan who also took part of the Serbian league and the euroleague?
Quote:Maccabi? really? no one said anything about it in Israel.

but I still don't get it..is it suppose to be instead of the Israeli league for Maccabi for example?

or is it like...the Adriatic league for Partizan who also took part of the Serbian league and the euroleague?

The clubs would play Mediterranean League as their new domestic league. Then they would enter into their national leagues at the playoffs and the national cups would still be played. So basically, the same way that the Adriatic League is designed.

I would assume that Maccabi would automatically be placed into the semifinals or finals of the Israeli League.
Quote:The clubs would play Mediterranean League as their new domestic league. Then they would enter into their national leagues at the playoffs and the national cups would still be played. So basically, the same way that the Adriatic League is designed.

I would assume that Maccabi would automatically be placed into the semifinals or finals of the Israeli League.

wow that sounds GREAT!

do you have any idea if it's going to happen soon?
Quote:wow that sounds GREAT!

do you have any idea if it's going to happen soon?

Seems like they are considering starting it even next season.
Quote:Seems like they are considering starting it even next season.

2011/2012?
Quote:2011/2012?

I think they mean possibly 2010-11, most likely 2011-12.
Quote:I think they mean possibly 2010-11, most likely 2011-12.

2010/2011? I don't see it happening,I would love for it to happen this is but..I doubt it

but I just hope that everything will work out at the end and that we will really have this league(this is year or the next one)
Existing topic. This one closed.

You can continue discussing it in the first thread.
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Real Madrid tabs Spanish League MVP Laprovittola EuroLeague News 0 966 Jul 14, 2019, 9:00 am
Last Post: EuroLeague News
  Domestic league playoffs: Panathinaikos sweeps the semis EuroLeague News 0 862 Jun 11, 2019, 10:55 am
  Domestic league playoffs: Bayern, ALBA start strong in German semifinals EuroLeague News 0 896 Jun 10, 2019, 8:09 pm
  Domestic league playoffs: Khimki secures EuroLeague return EuroLeague News 0 993 Jun 8, 2019, 10:16 am
  Domestic league playoffs: Zalgiris strikes first in Lithuanian finals EuroLeague News 0 970 Jun 7, 2019, 5:23 am