Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modern Soviet Union National Team
What if the Soviet Union had never fallen? How would their National Team look now?

I will try to include the best players from former Soviet Nations and then try to pick the best 12 to make a squad... (obviously I won't include retired players or players who regularly avoid NTs...)

Russia

Kirilenko
Khryapa
Monya
Mozgov
Bykov
Kaun
etc

Lithuania

Jasikevicius
Kleiza
Javtokas
Maciulis
Jasaitis
Gecevicius
D. Lavrinovic
K. Lavrinovic
Kaukenas
Songaila

Georgia

Pachulia
Shermadini
etc...

Ukraine

Gladyr
Lishchuk
Pecherov
Fesenko
etc...

Latvia

Kambala
Biedrins
Valters
etc...

Estonia

Kangur
etc...

Moldova, Belarus, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kyrgystan, Tajikistan... can't think of any decent enough players...

PG: Jasikevicius, Bykov
SG: Gecevicius, Kaukenas
SF: Kirilenko, Khryapa
PF: Kleiza, Songaila, Khryapa
C: D. Lavrinovic, K. Lavrinovic, Biedrins

Reserves: Pachulia, Mozgov, Monya, Kaun, McCarty, Jasaitis, Maciulis, Shermadini, Gladyr, Lishchuk, Pecherov, Fesenko, Kambala, Valters, Biedrins, Kangur... etc

I think this team could aim for the gold in the 2010 World Championship...
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

All you need is Russia + Lithuania and that's about it Biggrin
[Image: paok0bw.gif]
That center rotation is incredible. Ohmy
Quote:PG: Jasikevicius, Bykov
SG: Gecevicius, Kaukenas
SF: Kirilenko, Khryapa
PF: Kleiza, Songaila, Khryapa
C: D. Lavrinovic, K. Lavrinovic, Biedrins

Bykov? Holden comes to my mind, he didn't say he's out of NT forever I think.

SF position is kinda strange - no pure SF, all Kirilenko, Kleiza, Khryapa run between sf and pf. I would consider Jasaitis, as a great shooter at 3.

At center position, I would consider Marijonas Petravičius as well.

Great team, but lacking Šiškauskas obviously for trashing everyone from their way Biggrin Biggrin
What about Shammond Williams the pride of Georgia? Crazy
I thought of Holden, but then I thought... if there was a Soviet Union these days there is no way Americans would play for them... Laugh

Yeah, Siskauskas was the starting SF... until realising he retired... maybe in Soviet times they'd give him an extra Zaparozets car and he would reconsider Rofl3
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Quote:Yeah, Siskauskas was the starting SF... until realising he retired... maybe in Soviet times they'd give him an extra Zaparozets car and he would reconsider Rofl3

LOl! I think they would have to go with Volga!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New: basketball team will be managed online by fans realitysport 2 3,242 Mar 22, 2013, 5:18 pm
Last Post: CoachSteve
  Merchandise of national teams vittor14 30 24,119 Mar 22, 2013, 4:23 pm
Last Post: CoachSteve
  "Who Else Wants To Become The QUICKEST Player On Their Team?" ky2330 0 2,179 May 29, 2012, 7:11 am
Last Post: ky2330
  The best on your team hjalte 1 2,572 Feb 17, 2012, 3:44 pm
Last Post: cl00rm
  Who's The Best NBA Defensive Team During the Past 25 Years? Kil 0 1,990 Nov 29, 2011, 8:34 pm
Last Post: Kil