Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is anyone interested in increasing their jump?
I would love to tell you some tips about increasing your high jumping ability. Stay tuned.First thing you need is right set of exercises.
Interesting. What kind of information could you tell? I know "Sky's the Limit", "Air Alert" and some other programms.
Bench-Warmer.net - my new web blog! ||| lt.bench-warmer.net - lietuviška blog'o versija! ||| I'm on twitter
You should be able to squat 1.5 times your body weight to be a candidate for jumping high enough to dunk Smile

Btw. you could provide us with some rapidshare links of the vertical increase DVD's out there so that everybody may have some insight into the process.
[Image: paok0bw.gif]
Quote:You should be able to squat 1.5 times your body weight to be a candidate for jumping high enough to dunk Smile

Btw. you could provide us with some rapidshare links of the vertical increase DVD's out there so that everybody may have some insight into the process.

Squat 1.5 times your weight to dunk? That makes no sense.
^ Sure it does, if you can actually squat that amount, then it is guaranteed you can reach the rim. I've even seen someone who could at least squat that weight and dunk a basketball even having a sizeable beer belly Smile
Nope I can already dunk Cool
I've setup this website as a helper to anyone looking to improve their basketball jumping ability. You'll find lots of interesting articles and along with information on Plyometrics, Nutrition etc, you're sure to find something which will show you how to jump higher.One of the reasons you, and many others, come to this site is to get the slow down on the latest tips, techniques and training programs to get those all important 'extra vertical inches' that'll improve not just your overall game, but for many their dunking skills too.

For lots of basketball players, to be able to play like a true star player in the sport, one must be able to do some jaw dropping manoeuvers like the 'slam dunk' move.

My link
Quote:I've setup this website as a helper to anyone looking to improve their basketball jumping ability. You'll find lots of interesting articles and along with information on Plyometrics, Nutrition etc, you're sure to find something which will show you how to jump higher.One of the reasons you, and many others, come to this site is to get the slow down on the latest tips, techniques and training programs to get those all important 'extra vertical inches' that'll improve not just your overall game, but for many their dunking skills too.

For lots of basketball players, to be able to play like a true star player in the sport, one must be able to do some jaw dropping manoeuvers like the 'slam dunk' move.

My link

This is like spam. You don't have to dunk to play basketball. :-)
Quote:^ Sure it does, if you can actually squat that amount, then it is guaranteed you can reach the rim. I've even seen someone who could at least squat that weight and dunk a basketball even having a sizeable beer belly Smile

If you're 220 cm tall, you do not need any strenght to dunk. If you're 150 cm, I don't think, you'll be ever able to dunk... Smile

Strenght training is best way to increase your vertical jump. If you play basketball more than 2 times a week, you probably don't need any jump training.

Focus on squats and deadlifts.
Quote:Nope I can already dunk Cool

I wasn't talking about doughnuts! Rofl3
I feel like everyone should try to increase their jumping ability. No matter if that is trying a new workout program or a few exercises. I personally have a 35 inch vertical which is pretty good when compared to my local park lol. I used a program called Vert Shock, it helped me increase my vertical from 26" inches to 35" inches which is insane. I am still trying to fin new ways to get my vertical up. If you guys want to check the program out I will leave a link below of a review that I found. It's only 8 weeks long too!
https://basketballmentality.com/vert-shock-review/
Cick to get a free PDF on how to jump higher by 4"inches in under an hour!➡https://VericalJump.gr8.com/
(Jan 2, 2011, 3:35 pm)wboar Wrote: If you're 220 cm tall, you do not need any strenght to dunk. If you're 150 cm, I don't think, you'll be ever able to dunk... Smile

Strenght training is best way to increase your vertical jump. If you play basketball more than 2 times a week, you probably don't need any jump training.

Focus on squats and deadlifts.

Well, I kind of doubt that anybody who is 4'9" is really thinking of dunking a basketball, though the shortest player to ever dunk on camera (NBA-wise) is Spud Webb at 5'7", and through rumors, it was probably Muggsy Bogues.

Also, although strength training has its benefits, most notably in increasing strength, I personally vouch for plyometric and jump specific exercises. These not only lead to great results by improving on both your speed and explosiveness, but they emulate the exact action you're trying to improve (jumping) which makes the training that much more transferable.

I mean you have jump programs like Vert Shock that focus entirely on plyometric exercises with much success and include weight training as another module separate from the main program. I'd say you really need to analyze how developed your vertical is already and decide whether you've already gone as far as you can with a set of exercises (plyometrics or weight training) or whether there's still more to go.

Btw if you aren't familiar with these terms, I refer to some articles on plyometrics and weight training so you can get an idea of the type of exercises I'm talking about.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3 myths about jump higher Goliath 4 3,604 Oct 30, 2023, 5:18 pm
Last Post: gwalters
  When did you become interested in BasketBall? David S 0 2,111 Nov 27, 2016, 11:50 am
Last Post: David S
  New Member - blogging my Jump manual experience Benihana 0 2,776 Oct 27, 2015, 8:55 pm
Last Post: Benihana
  How to Jump Higher 0 2,000 Nov 8, 2010, 8:35 am
Last Post:
  Vertical Jump Jumping J 0 2,298 Apr 1, 2008, 4:43 am
Last Post: Jumping J