Poll: Scolargentina or Kleithuania?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Argentina
57.14%
4 57.14%
Lithuania
42.86%
3 42.86%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quarter-final: Argentina-Lithuania
(Sep 10, 2010, 2:27 am)skangles Wrote: I do not understand your point. Are you referring to basketball in these countries in general or to the players who make up the national team? Argentina's super generation is quickly aging but its not as though Greece or Spain's roster contain a bunch of new faces but that doesn't mean anything as the guys on these teams are solid contributors to their national teams.

I agree with you on Serbia they have a really solid young team who will be a force for the next several tournaments. Lithuania's team is full of young talent and so far they're through to the semifinals so I'm not sure what statement you're trying to make.

Lithuania is playing in an extremely weak bracket. I can't believe you don't grasp that.
(Sep 10, 2010, 12:52 pm)straight forward Wrote: What the f*ck are you talking about? No offense, but I think that loss against Spain made you even "hotter" and you were doing fine in this forum so far. The fact is, that this young Lithuania reached further than Greece. And who said Greece producing more players? Where? Look at my thread "Euroleague's internationality", you will see that Lithuanians has the biggest amount of players in Euroleague (even more than Serbs has) and they leading in scoring. And I'm not saying that Lithuanian NT is superior generally at the given time, but it's really stupid to do such declarations when Lithuania is trashing Argentina in the 1/4 while Greece is drinking beer at home. And more over, next year Lithuania will have home court advantage and no-matter what team Greece will bring, it will be an open question - who's the favorite in that game.

I think you are one of the biggest Greek haters I have ever seen. You have no objectivity at all. Serbia, Spain, Greece are all much better than Argentina, USA, Lithuania.

(Sep 10, 2010, 1:46 pm)Sagenas Wrote: +++++++ totally agree.

Lithuania won't even win the EuroBasket on the their home floor. They simply got an extremely favorable bracket in this tournament.
First of all my views on yesterday's game. Kemzūra did everything that was necessary to win this game. But more importantly the players made it happen on the court. Three-point shooting was excellent but only in the first half. We shouldn't forget that. It was the first game when we took the lead early in the game and really dominated.

This win was certainly among the best wins of all time for several reasons:

1) Lithuania misses more than half of the 'A' team in this WC.

2) This was the first time that we made to the semi-finals of WC.

3) We thrashed Argentina (not just won by a last shot or by a low margin), a team that always plays hard till the end. They missed Manu and Nocioni but that's nothing compared to the list our absentees (I'm talking about the numbers here).

Argentina will have to rebuild if they want to be a contender in 2012. But do they have enough new talents?

Please don't take the following comments personally but I couldn't ignore those posts.

Quote:Lithuania is playing in an extremely weak bracket. I can't believe you don't grasp that.

Why is that? Because we won our group. Yes, all five games that we played, including the win against Spain. Or should we have lost on purpose, like Greece did, to get other teams in the knock-out stages?

And now Argentina is extremely weak?

Quote:I think you are one of the biggest Greek haters I have ever seen. You have no objectivity at all. Serbia, Spain, Greece are all much better than Argentina, USA, Lithuania.

Lithuania won't even win the EuroBasket on the their home floor. They simply got an extremely favorable bracket in this tournament.

Then you must admit that you aren't objective either as you often tout Greek players as "the best at [enter skill] in Europe". If you need examples, I can find them to you. In almost every comparison of any two players you make, the Greek player is better. So much talk about objectivity.

What makes Serbia, Greece and Spain much better than Argentina, USA, Lithuania? How do you determine that?

As for the last sentence of your post, so if we, say, lose in the final would that make us a bad team? It must be nice to know the future.
Quote:First of all my views on yesterday's game. Kemzūra did everything that was necessary to win this game. But more importantly the players made it happen on the court. Three-point shooting was excellent but only in the first half. We shouldn't forget that. It was the first game when we took the lead early in the game and really dominated.

This win was certainly among the best wins of all time for several reasons:

1) Lithuania misses more than half of the 'A' team in this WC.

2) This was the first time that we made to the semi-finals of WC.

3) We thrashed Argentina (not just won by a last shot or by a low margin), a team that always plays hard till the end. They missed Manu and Nocioni but that's nothing compared to the list our absentees (I'm talking about the numbers here).

Argentina will have to rebuild if they want to be a contender in 2012. But do they have enough new talents?

Please don't take the following comments personally but I couldn't ignore those posts.

Why is that? Because we won our group. Yes, all five games that we played, including the win against Spain. Or should we have lost on purpose, like Greece did, to get other teams in the knock-out stages?

And now Argentina is extremely weak?

Then you must admit that you aren't objective either as you often tout Greek players as "the best at [enter skill] in Europe". If you need examples, I can find them to you. In almost every comparison of any two players you make, the Greek player is better. So much talk about objectivity.

What makes Serbia, Greece and Spain much better than Argentina, USA, Lithuania? How do you determine that?

As for the last sentence of your post, so if we, say, lose in the final would that make us a bad team? It must be nice to know the future.

Well, if all the mods are going to gang up on me just for posting objectively, then I am done with this forum. You guys don't accept help from people that can and you don't like hearing anything that goes against your viewpoints. That's why this forum is so damn dead.
Quote:Well, if all the mods are going to gang up on me just for posting objectively, then I am done with this forum. You guys don't accept help from people that can and you don't like hearing anything that goes against your viewpoints. That's why this forum is so damn dead.

What? So nobody can disagree with you? What wrong did I say in my post? Since you some strong statements that I don't totally agree with, I though you would back them on something and not just say Teams A, B and C are much better than Teams D, E and F for example. You never reply to comments by other members when it they are inconvenient to you but instead accuse everyone for hating you.

People have different views and there's nothing wrong in that. This a basketball forum and it is reasonable to expect that members would make statements that they can back with something.

Are you telling me you wouldn't react to similar posts at all that involve Greek national team?

You said some teams are better than the others. What makes them better? For example, if I saw some lists of certain points that make one team, better than the other in your opinion, it would make a real discussion. We could go point by point a discuss. And that doesn't mean that in the end we will agree on it.
Quote:What? So nobody can disagree with you? What wrong did I say in my post? Since you some strong statements that I don't totally agree with, I though you would back them on something and not just say Teams A, B and C are much better than Teams D, E and F for example. You never reply to comments by other members when it they are inconvenient to you but instead accuse everyone for hating you.

People have different views and there's nothing wrong in that. This a basketball forum and it is reasonable to expect that members would make statements that they can back with something.

Are you telling me you wouldn't react to similar posts at all that involve Greek national team?

You said some teams are better than the others. What makes them better? For example, if I saw some lists of certain points that make one team, better than the other in your opinion, it would make a real discussion. We could go point by point a discuss. And that doesn't mean that in the end we will agree on it.

I am posting objectively. Yet you guys started trolling on me. This forum is dead and this is the kind of crap that caused it.
(Sep 10, 2010, 12:52 pm)straight forward Wrote: but it's really stupid to do such declarations when Lithuania is trashing Argentina in the 1/4 while Greece is drinking beer at home

Please watch your language man... Greece is drinking ouzo Laugh

Quote:I think you are one of the biggest Greek haters I have ever seen.

You are right. This guy probably got his ice cream stolen by a Greek kid in kinder garden... Crazy'

Quote:Well, if all the mods are going to gang up on me just for posting objectively, then I am done with this forum. You guys don't accept help from people that can and you don't like hearing anything that goes against your viewpoints. That's why this forum is so damn dead.

Oh noezzz... what will TalkBasket do without you... Sad I might as well shut the whole thing down. I think Vilius and I need to have a serious talk about this possibility...
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

The forum should be closed. It's completely useless, and as soon as someone tries to up the posts they get attacked by rude jerks. The forum is worthless and should be closed.
And what kind of discourse should be discovered to have a dialogue with Panathinaikos? Crazy I guess "I totally agree" discourse only goes...
(Sep 10, 2010, 6:47 pm)straight forward Wrote: And what kind of discourse should be discovered to have a dialogue with Panathinaikos? Crazy I guess "I totally agree" discourse only goes...

After Lenin, Bush, Orwell, Mussolini and others we now got "Panathinaikos"...
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

(Sep 10, 2010, 6:47 pm)straight forward Wrote: And what kind of discourse should be discovered to have a dialogue with Panathinaikos? Crazy I guess "I totally agree" discourse only goes...

Whatever man. You have trolled on me for no reason.
Quote:Whatever man. You have trolled on me for no reason.

Dude, get real. You're just talking nonsense without any facts. What make Serbia, Greece and Spain better than Lithuania, USA and Argentina? If you can't beat us, then you aren't better and that's all.
Bench-Warmer.net - my new web blog! ||| lt.bench-warmer.net - lietuviška blog'o versija! ||| I'm on twitter
(Sep 12, 2010, 2:46 pm)Sagenas Wrote: Dude, get real. You're just talking nonsense without any facts. What make Serbia, Greece and Spain better than Lithuania, USA and Argentina? If you can't beat us, then you aren't better and that's all.

Wham! Bam! Thank you ma'am! Badda bing badda boom!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Semi final: USA-Lithuania Black Urum 42 22,067 Feb 23, 2011, 9:05 pm
Last Post: straight forward
  1/8 Final: Slovenia vs Australia Black Urum 8 5,681 Oct 6, 2010, 1:03 am
Last Post: Raze Lupin
  FINAL: Turkey-USA Black Urum 44 21,526 Sep 27, 2010, 2:14 pm
Last Post: ZEUS
  3rd place game: Serbia-Lithuania Black Urum 10 7,051 Sep 14, 2010, 9:00 am
Last Post: straight forward
  5-6 position: Argentina vs. Spain ZEUS 0 2,312 Sep 13, 2010, 2:59 pm
Last Post: ZEUS