Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet another steal from refs in TURKEY-SERBIA.
I am sorry for starting another thread just for this, but, damn, it still hurts...

Go to YouTube to c comments, but i'll give u a hint:

LOOK AT HIS FOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPdnMyh_X...r_embedded#!

[Image: 2715185334c8e84dc3bd97505857188_extreme.jpg]
(Mar 4, 2012, 7:59 pm)KAPALI Wrote: "...I can show U what I am everytime everywhere your web artist..."
Nothing strange on FIBA planet...
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Home court advantage...and yeah, seems like it's mistake.

On other hand, if there's questionable call in crunch time, refs won't hurt home team. Basically refs tend not to call a thing in the last seconds. Serbia is young team, they will win in the future while I'm not that sure about Turkey, even if their frontcourt is scary, specially when Kanter will joing.
We keep reading the same news Rofl3:

http://www.sport-fm.gr/article/292659

And yet if you support them being favoured by the refs you end up being called a racist! Rofl3 Laugh

The Greek article says that every team (except the US) that went against Turkey in the tournament has made strong complaints towards FIBA, and this new video reveals that the accusations were certainly not unfounded.
[Image: paok0bw.gif]
Yeah, Zeus, I saw the other topic where u tried to explain something and ended up being racist (altough we r the same race Tongue), but damn, I would love to see those same people giving some arguments here!
(Mar 4, 2012, 7:59 pm)KAPALI Wrote: "...I can show U what I am everytime everywhere your web artist..."
What was the reaction from the press in Serbia? The national basketball federation?
This was a bad call and is clear on the freeze frame but in real time it's tough to tell. I struggle to believe that this was a deliberate call meant to screw Serbia as much as it was a missed call by inferior refs at the most inopportune moment of the game.
Quote:What was the reaction from the press in Serbia? The national basketball federation?

Curently, I am in Montenegro, so I don't really have press on the hand here, but I know one thing. Basketball Federation owes 450.000 euros to Duda Ivkovic‡ and he is thinking will he stay on the bench or not. Damn, If I had half million euroes, I would give them right away to that man...

About that last atack, it was a big news but only for a day. Nobody is thinking of that any more except Duda who is pushing FIBA into resegnation...
Strange, losing the chance for at least a silver medal you'd think the Serbian federation would be a lot more vigilant in at least getting FIBA to make a public apology or something. They've got to instill a better screening system for top-tier refs for world championship games, it's just inexcusable for refs to mess up at this level of basketball.
Quote:Basketball Federation owes 450.000 euros to Duda Ivkovic and he is thinking will he stay on the bench or not. Damn, If I had half million euroes, I would give them right away to that man...

I think he got more than enough money...
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

He probably did get a lot of money, but it is priority number one to keep him for a few years more se that the system will continue to work...

@Zeus: Our Federation is a group of clowns, thieves and stuff like that...
Well I just found this, Duda is pushing for a formal complaint from the Serbian basketball federation and an official letter apparently has been sent off:

http://sport24.gr/Basket/Mundobasket/kat...29682.html

Sorry it's in Greek, but I can't find anything in English
Yeah, i found it too on Serbian. It is just starting to pump, cause all of our press is just now starting to write about it...

The most interesting thing is that the Croatia press answered!!?? They atacked Duda that he doesn't have the wright to do so, because of the way he took the gold medal on EC 1995. when Lithuania was stolen in the finals against Yugoslavia. Man, Lithuanians forgoten that game and gave us forgivness, but somehow, it still hurts for the Croatia so they wanted to say what they have... If u are interested, ill give u a link with Google transalate...
LOL, yeah why not? Biggrin
GOOGLE TRANSALATE. I heavent read the whole text so if u have any problems, just ask:

Long ago was the 1995th years and the European Championships in Athens, but the Croatian media is a gold Yugoslavia and still the thorn in the side. "

Although the final Yugoslavia and Lithuania have passed 15 years, Croats, and further mentioned that Lithuania was stolen, but you have that match Litvanicu probably already forgotten.

The reason for this recall to criticism after SP leaders in Turkey Basketball Federation of Serbia, and especially coach Dusan Ivkovic make FIBA.

The full text of Mark Petrak transfer in which dares anger XS and Ivkovic and reminiscent of the Final Eurobasket 1995:

"The Serbs over the past few days and stones poured drvlje by FIBA because of what it called, scandalous trial in a match against Turkey in the semifinals of the World Cup. Coach Ivkovic called leaders of the world basketball organizations to submit their resignations and asked for an apology Serbian nation because it was stolen finals a motive to see the sponsors and the fact that Turkey was the host.

"If there are no comments and penalties, if the yarn through all this, what would a blind man saw, then we are in big problems. If no ads, then Kotleba, who has delegated judge, and FIBA Secretary General Patrick Baumann must submit a resignation from moral reasons. I know what I say. The work that has left Bora Stankovic will be destroyed, "he said on Sunday Ivkovic.

Today it is a matter left to a higher level. Courier (two days before B92) has announced videosnimak according to which, they say, clearly shows that the Turkish player Tuncer, who scored the winning basket for the Turks, was outside the court. Proof recorded a fan from the stands, and he suggests that the disputed field goal was not regular, which confirms the theory of conspiracy, and that Serbia was stolen.

No surprise that they are stolen

Maybe it really was outside the field Tuncer, may be the Asik, who performed poorly free throws, odglumio hit in the face so he could not take responsibility. Maybe there were no violations of the Serbian team to see, arguably, and perhaps it really FIBA, through its "paid" the judge gave the wind in your back to the host. None of this would be neither particularly surprising nor particularly surprising if we know how today's professional sport. A logic function only of money, like everything else in capitalist society.

However, the tone of judicial mistakes Serbs called scandalous and shameful silence of FIBA and who these days is simply frapirani scenario in the semifinals, should recall the not-so-distant events in the past that were much more beskrupulozniji, and went to them naruku. Then they have not complained, then they were loud and then have stood on justice, fair play, honesty and all that you mentioned today.

Ivkovic is 95. not rebelled

Let us remember the Eurobasket in Athens 1995th and probably najsramotnijeg act in the history of European basketball when Lithuania was so shamelessly stolen just in the finals against the Serbs now fair, and then Yugoslavia. And then the coach Dusan Ivkovic, but once the word is not rebelled when the referees blew the wind in his back.

For those who can not remember, here is a small return to the past. Croatia in the semifinal defeat of Lithuania, which at the time had probably the best generation in its history made up of players such as Arvydas Sabonis and were Šarūnas Mačuljonis. In the second semifinal, Serbia, led by Alexander Djordjevic, Predrag Danilovic, Vlade Divac and Bodiroga beat hosts Greece.

In a dense final teams from the minute alternated in the lead, to Lithuania in the half left with half a basket advantages (49:48). Already charged atmosphere reached when the heat Sabonis at the beginning of the second half, played a technical error. Lithuanians are potestovali, which only led to more worse sudjiskog criteria that is already the whole game went against them.

Lithuanians left the floor, Croatia stepped from the podium, Sabonis broke the locker room

After a few more amazing dosuđenih offense in favor of Serbia, today crossed the righteous are in the lead. Lithuania led by the crazed captain Marciulionis could not make anything other than the two minutes before the end leave the floor in protest, but after a short break and Đorđevićevog persuasion but decided to play until the end of the score 89:83 for Serbia. Nor Sabonis or Kurtinaitis in those moments they could help the team because they have already earned their fifth personal foul. Serbia is celebrating the end of 96:90.

Even the traditionally friendly to Serbia, Greece showed the audience he thinks about how the Serbs came to the gold. Uglas 20 thousand people shouted "Lithuania is a champion, a champion of Lithuania!" Bronze Croatia protest was stepped from the podium ceremony and left the hall as soon as they received their medals, and Arvydas Sabonis of anger and disappointment broke the locker room.

No one from FIBA was not suited for this shameless theft, and I do not remember or that someone damaged an apology addressed to the Lithuanians. Of course, neither the Serbs (Yugoslavia) had not complained because they judge praktčno donated the gold medal. Today, they are very loud when the same thing happened to them. "

Author of the article forgot to Sasa Djordjevic that night included nine-pointers from 12 attempts, and forgot to Predrag Danilovic "posterizovao" Sabonis zakucavši over it, which is another good reason for his anger.

The author is not mentioned that Croatia has left the floor because they did not want to listen to the anthem of the winner, not because of the trial. I forgot is that one of the judges was American George Toliver, and we know what is the status in the world at that time had a Serbian, ie. Yugoslavia.

The fact are as follows: Croatia is in the full-fledged basketball won only four medals, three bronze and one silver. Of these three medals won when Yugoslavia was unable to perform at major events because of sanctions over the war in the prototype of the former Yugoslavia.

It was the bronze medal in Athens last of Croatia in a big competition, coincidence or not?

Serbia is from 1995. was twice world champion, three times European champion, a runner-up of the continent and the Olympic Games, and one third in the EP. Three times since then played against Croatia, and won each time, the last time on Mundobasketu in Turkey, in the eighth round.

The following year played European Championships in Lithuania, Serbia, and there will be among the favorites for defending silver from Poland, and Croatia ...
Quote:Yeah, i found it too on Serbian. It is just starting to pump, cause all of our press is just now starting to write about it...

The most interesting thing is that the Croatia press answered!!?? They atacked Duda that he doesn't have the wright to do so, because of the way he took the gold medal on EC 1995. when Lithuania was stolen in the finals against Yugoslavia. Man, Lithuanians forgoten that game and gave us forgivness, but somehow, it still hurts for the Croatia so they wanted to say what they have... If u are interested, ill give u a link with Google transalate...

One rigged game doesn't make another rigged game look better nor it justifies it. But if you look at it from another point of view then maybe Ivkovic deserved to get in such situation at some point in his career to know what it feels like?

Nonetheless, this whole movement against FIBA is justified in my opinion. Whether there will be any notable (positive) consequences or not at least Serbia won't let this go unnoticed. Maybe FIBA will be a bit more cautious at rigging the games in the future Laugh
You could call this farce perhaps the worst officiated match in (at least) recent international basketball history?
at Vilius: U know i agree, I can be very objective when it comes to sport, but the things is, Serbia doesn't have loby anywhere, so I can't see any games where they give us something for nothing, u know. And I was very young when I saw that 1995. game, so I don't remember. I will look at it again and see what actually happened there. But the question is, what do the Croations want? World justice? Damn...

I don't know, Zeus, but u should have seen that game from Serbia or Montenegro (both were watching, as always). I was in Montenegro, and, damn, things started to fly towards TV after short period of time...
Quote:I am sorry for starting another thread just for this, but, damn, it still hurts...

Go to YouTube to c comments, but i'll give u a hint:

LOOK AT HIS FOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPdnMyh_X...r_embedded#!

[Image: 2715185334c8e84dc3bd97505857188_extreme.jpg]

i want to see people not only when serbia loosin, when serbia winnin with referees like 2001 eurobasket final. Turkish media screamed 'fiba mafia' but were silent. When serbia loosin ''fiba mafia' 'referees mafia' . I dont believe your sincerity
Please, can U explain urself a little bit more. Honestly, I don't have anything against Turks or ur NT, I have against FIBA, so if that offended u, then u must be FIBA employe. If not, what r u trying to prove by quoting me where u can clearly see ur player walking in from out..?

P.S. Oh, yeah, I wasn't honest. I have something against Ashik, maybe... sportman...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FINAL: Turkey-USA Black Urum 44 21,526 Sep 27, 2010, 2:14 pm
Last Post: ZEUS
  3rd place game: Serbia-Lithuania Black Urum 10 7,051 Sep 14, 2010, 9:00 am
Last Post: straight forward
  Semi final: Turkey-Serbia Black Urum 29 16,525 Sep 12, 2010, 1:35 am
  1/8 Final: Turkey vs France Black Urum 7 5,289 Sep 10, 2010, 12:29 am
  Quarter-final: Spain-Serbia Black Urum 8 5,529 Sep 9, 2010, 4:31 pm
Last Post: Led00