Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eurobasket 2011 logo unveiled
Quote:[Image: EuroBasket_2011_logo.jpg]

The logo of Eurobasket 2011 which will be held in Lithuania was unveiled today. The author of the logo is Kestutis Koira whose work was picekd as the best one by FIBA Europe. There were 49 logos submitted in total and only 3 of them were sent to FIBA Europe for a final judgement.

Logo includes the columns of Gediminas on a basketball board. The board is showed from a view of an attacking player. The cloumns of Gediminas is one of the oldest symbols of Lithuania and one of its historical coats of arms. They were used in the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, initially as a rulers' personal insignia, a state symbol, and later as a part of heraldic signs of leading aristocracy.

It looks original and I like it even though I expected to see more colours, probably the colours of the flag. The only potential problem is that foreigners might not understand what the sign means so they should just visit TB and find out Smile
Quote:It looks original and I like it even though I expected to see more colours, probably the colours of the flag. The only potential problem is that foreigners might not understand what the sign means so they should just visit TB and find out Smile

That was exactly what I thought, but other than that, I really like it! I think using the columns might mean that others will now find out what it means. It won't exactly be a mystery.

Really novel idea, though.
Looks good, but like mentioned, where are the colours of the Lith flag?
Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht.
: BASKET-SPOT : - Global Basketball
Other logos had the colours of the flag on them. Top 9 choices:
The first thought that came to my mind when I saw it was 'What the f*ck is that middle vertical line?'

Now I know what is means. But still... using something which was a symbol of aristocracy? I'm sure that the creator of the logo is some Vilnius snob who hates Kaunas Smile

I also liked the rest of the logos, wish we had someone from those guys to make a logo to TB
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Eurobasket 2011 presentation video. It might be to early for such video especially when not all of the arenas are built yet.

What does it mean? Someone tell me. :-)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  European player of the year 2011 race!!! TeoTheGreek13 4 5,139 Dec 8, 2011, 8:07 pm
Last Post: Black Urum
  2011 Pan American games (men's basketball) Raze Lupin 20 13,598 Oct 31, 2011, 7:24 pm
Last Post: stefans
  FIBA Asia Championships 2011 Games harvey1505 0 2,701 Sep 21, 2011, 10:29 am
Last Post: harvey1505
  2011 U19 World Championship Men Raze Lupin 51 34,259 Jul 12, 2011, 3:44 pm
Last Post: Raze Lupin
  2011 Nike Hoop Summit!! 9/3/11! Raze Lupin 7 6,774 Apr 13, 2011, 3:48 pm
Last Post: Raze Lupin