Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Better not complain when in the NBA- refs will strike you down!
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_do...nba-272139

Quote:During the 2005-06 season the NBA instituted rules that would allow referees to give a player technical fouls at the first sign of a player's disagreement. That lasted for the preseason and then, oh, about six games in to the regular season before things were back to normal and players were complaining their eyes out. Not literally, because that would be gross. Tim Duncan(notes) was close though.

Anyways, starting this season, the NBA is taking it back to the halcyon days of 05-06, giving referees the power to assess technical fouls for even the smallest complaints. ESPN's Henry Abbott has the hook up, holler if you hear him.
[Image: paok0bw.gif]
(Sep 26, 2010, 6:59 pm)ZEUS Wrote: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_do...nba-272139

I have mixed feelings about this. It annoys me when players over complain to the refs. they should just play the game and STFU. So for this reason I like the rule. The NBA refs already have the power to give Tech fouls to players that harass them so I don't know why this rule is needed. Now that this is an official rule the have to cite the players. This disturbs me.
I agree with this rule. Hope same happens in Europe too.
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

In theory I like this rule, but with clowns like Joey Crawford suiting up as NBA refs I am not certain that I want give the refs additional authority to alter the game.
(Sep 27, 2010, 2:59 am)skangles Wrote: In theory I like this rule, but with clowns like Joey Crawford suiting up as NBA refs I am not certain that I want give the refs additional authority to alter the game.

I'm with you on this. I like how the new rule looks on paper BUT I just don't trust the Refs to enforce it fairly.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NBA to require refs to be vaccinated this season ESPN NBA 0 293 Aug 31, 2021, 6:54 pm
Last Post: ESPN NBA
  Refs to have daily tests as part of new protocols ESPN NBA 0 589 Dec 10, 2020, 5:34 pm
  Giannis won't complain about bubble conditions ESPN NBA 0 595 Jul 15, 2020, 3:58 pm