Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barcelona World Champions!
Euroleague champions Barcelona beat NBA champions Los Angeles Lakers 92-88!

And to think that Barcelona isn't even the Spanish champions...

[Image: x29kky.gif]
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

I am happy not only for Barcelona but also for European Basketball.Especially Euroleague.They show tonight that no longer exists gap between NBA and Euroleague.Best basketball is in Europe. Rolleyes
[Image: 26637_navijanjeee409_blic_markodjurica_f.jpg]
I'm watching the replay on ESPN 2! I think its great when we have inter-league play. Its good for basketball. Kobe looks so sad when he loses. I love that look!! Yeah the gap is closed. Cool For now Biggrin Spain will be very hard to beat in 2012 FIBA WC. Can you imagine?
Olympics 2012.

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.

Quote:Olympics 2012.

DO you think Spain will win Olympics 2012??... Wait I see. Yeah I mistyped I meant to type FIBA WC 2014. Crazy
I have read the comments on all the US forums and blogs and they are pretty disgusting. 99% of Americans basically are saying that the Lakers lost on purpose.

Yeah, and the US also gets reffed equally in FIBA games........

Stern is living in a dream world. He created this delusional fan base in America with his NBA marketing and because of that there will never be any global NBA like he thinks. Because NBA fans refuse to accept anything that is not American. It's pathetic and sad, but it's the truth.

The NBA obviously having FIBA in it's pocket only makes it worse because people in other countries see the NBA as a corrupt rigged league.
i think this was the historical match of european basketball...
Quote:I have read the comments on all the US forums and blogs and they are pretty disgusting. 99% of Americans basically are saying that the Lakers lost on purpose.

Yeah, and the US also gets reffed equally in FIBA games........

Stern is living in a dream world. He created this delusional fan base in America with his NBA marketing and because of that there will never be any global NBA like he thinks. Because NBA fans refuse to accept anything that is not American. It's pathetic and sad, but it's the truth.

The NBA obviously having FIBA in it's pocket only makes it worse because people in other countries see the NBA as a corrupt rigged league.

I agree with you.I watched on American television.Stupid commentators they wondered how is good Barca.
WOW! There sure is a lot of passion in thread over a pre-season friendly game...... The comments are not so friendly. Biggrin
I respect Phil Jakcson. But his comments on how Barcelona would not make it in the NBA just show a bad loser.

And I respect Kobe even more now, because he showed in the game how much he wanted to win this, but in the end he admitted Barcelona's quality.

Ah, and to think that Partizan has beaten Barca Biggrin Uh, very lucky for Lakers that they didnt play with Partiyzan Tongue
(Mar 4, 2012, 7:59 pm)KAPALI Wrote: "...I can show U what I am everytime everywhere your web artist..."
Quote:I am happy not only for Barcelona but also for European Basketball.Especially Euroleague.They show tonight that no longer exists gap between NBA and Euroleague.Best basketball is in Europe. Rolleyes

Without wanting to underestimate the great win of Barcelona, this is not the first time a European team wins a NBA team in Europe.

For example,

9 October 2007 Boxscore Unicaja Malaga 102–99 Memphis Grizzlies Palacio Jose Maria Marti­n Carpena, Malaga

11 October 2007 Boxscore Real Madrid 104–103 Toronto Raptors Palacio de Deportes, Madrid

In order to say that "no longer exists gap between NBA and Euroleague" European teams should be able to win NBA teams on an NBA floor!!

Maccabi was the first European team to win a NBA team (Toronto, 105-103, in 2005) in USA!
First team to beat NBA team was Maccabi, but not in 2005. It was in 1978!

9/08/78 Maccabi Tel Aviv 98 – Washington Bullets 97

It was also the first time that a European team had beaten an NBA champions (like Bullets were at the time)

Barcelona last night was the second European team to beat an NBA champion. And with most rules being NBA rules.

Quote:First team to beat NBA team was Maccabi, but not in 2005. It was in 1978!

9/08/78 Maccabi Tel Aviv 98 – Washington Bullets 97

It was also the first time that a European team had beaten an NBA champions (like Bullets were at the time)

Barcelona last night was the second European team to beat an NBA champion. And with most rules being NBA rules.

Anyway, it's no coincidence that at the games of NBA tours in Europe the difference in scores ranges around 10 points while when the games between European and NBA team are held in USA it ranges around 30!

Congratulations again to Barcelona!
Also when games are played in US it's all NBA rules.

When they are played in Europe it's mixed at the best or mostly NBA rules.

Congratulations to Barca! It was an enjoyable game to watch. Both teams actually tried to win it which it made it even better. It's obvious that NBA will try to play down the loss and will find excuses.
All European Victories against NBA teams.

1978 Maccabi Tel Aviv 98-97 Washington Bullets
1984 Maccabi Tel Aviv 104-97 New Jersey Nets
1984 Maccabi Tel Aviv 113-98 Phoenix Suns
2005 Toronto Raptors Canada 103– 105 Maccabi Tel Aviv in Canada
2006 FC Barcelona 104-99 Philadelphia 76ers
2006 CSKA Moscow 94-75 Los Angeles Clippers Highest victory
2007 CB Malaga 102-99 Memphis Grizzlies
2007 Real Madrid 104-103 Toronto Raptors

And Barca 92-88 Lakers.
Phil Jakcson is another victim of USA local BB propaganda. He knows NBA, but has no clue about international BB (no surprise).
Quote:Phil Jakcson is another victim of USA local BB propaganda. He knows NBA, but has no clue about international BB (no surprise).

I guarantee you that he knows that Barca and other top Euroleague clubs would do well in the NBA. He only said that because Stern told him to say it. That's how the NBA works. it's NBA marketing 101.

I was actually watching the Lakers bench, the players and coaches whenever I could during the game. I assure you that both the players and especially the coaches were absolutely stunned with the level of Barca's team. Jackson in particular was making notice of several of Barca's players and paying close attention to them.

What he said is just the typical bull shit that Stern demands everyone related to NBA to say. It's the reason why Stern is such an awful commissioner and such a cancer to the NBA and basketball in general. Jackson's body language during the game clearly showed that he could not believe the level of the competition he was seeing.

I think his eyes were opened up, whether he admits it or not. I also felt like looking at players like Fisher, Odom, Kobe, Artest, Gasol that they all had the look several times on their faces like "I would definitely play in the Euroleague in the future against this kind of competition".

They all gave off body language that they had serious respect for Barca's players. Much more than they show to most NBA teams. The problem is that Stern and his bull shit marketing and things like ESPN and his joke announcers just read from his scripts.

They won't credit anything. So Americans actually believe the Lakers lost on purpose, even though they were clearly trying to win.
Quote:Recently Pete Mickeal revealed in his blog at HoopsHype.com what was said by both players during the game:

Kobe said to me "Hey, this game might get you in the NBA,"€ trying to be a smartass. "€œIf you think that, then put your money where your mouth is and play one-on-one and we’ll see where your game is at,"€ I replied. "Put your $100 million to my account and then we can play basketball, then you talk to me since you want to be a smartass."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who is the best current player in the world right now? Raze Lupin 6 4,280 Dec 30, 2010, 2:01 pm
Last Post: Al Bundy
  World wide amateur basketball courts The Historian 4 4,580 Dec 18, 2010, 8:01 pm
Last Post: Sagenas
  Greece wins Armed Forces World Championship! Black Urum 4 3,262 Jun 22, 2009, 5:03 pm
Last Post: HapoelFan
  World Club Championship to start in 2009 TalkBasket 8 4,742 Feb 1, 2009, 12:22 am
Last Post: rikhardur
  Who is the best team in the world? AFC 33 17,299 Jul 28, 2008, 9:37 pm
Last Post: Straight Faced