Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN Refused To List Score Of Lakers Barca Game On Their TV Score Ticker
ESPN refused to list this game in their TV scores ticker. Yes, I swear it. I watched ESPN and ESPN2 and they NEVER showed the game result on the score ticker. Conversely, in the past, every time an NBA team has beaten a Euroleague team, ESPN has listed the score of the game on their TV score ticker.

[Image: x29kky.gif]
And you couldn't post this in the game thread and had to create a separate thread?
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Quote:And you couldn't post this in the game thread and had to create a separate thread?

It's a separate issue and deserves it's own discussion IMO.
Quote:ESPN refused to list this game in their TV scores ticker. Yes, I swear it. I watched ESPN and ESPN2 and they NEVER showed the game result on the score ticker. Conversely, in the past, every time an NBA team has beaten a Euroleague team, ESPN has listed the score of the game on their TV score ticker.

[Image: x29kky.gif]

Are you serious?? I've seen it several times earlier today and last night. Also The game was re-broadcasted last night on ESPN 2 I watched it. It was also on ESPN HD. I've also seen the Barcelona vs Lakers gamed recap on ESPN several times today on ESPN sports Center. So that means they talked about the game with highlights at least twice every hour(4 counting non highlight announcements) from 5am to 2pm I know this because Ive had the day off work. I've been home watching television mostly Sports center all day. So Ive seen the coverage and ticker. At this moment it is not on the ticker because game stats are only on a ticker for a certain time. I think After 12pm eastern USA time the previous days scores are replaced by upcoming games of the day and current games. But yeah it was on the ticker last night and half of today. I saw it. maybe you watched it too late in the day.

Also I live in the USA so maybe I have different coverage. It was on yesterday and this morning here. It was also on NBA TV, NBA.com and FOX NEWS. ALSO local channels here. This link is from NBA.com but it is the same highlight from ESPN that was replayed several times today on ESPN. Where are you watching it at?

http://www.nba.com/video/games/lakers/20...index.html

Also here is a link to the official Lakers page. The Barcelona game is the main story. complete with pictures, video and player interviews. I'm not sure if it will be the main story tomorrow but it is now.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/
Raze Lupin don't sweat it. He is a well known mythomaniac all over basketball boards...

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.

Quote:Are you serious?? I've seen it several times earlier today and last night. Also The game was re-broadcasted last night on ESPN 2 I watched it. It was also on ESPN HD. I've also seen the Barcelona vs Lakers gamed recap on ESPN several times today on ESPN sports Center. So that means they talked about the game with highlights at least twice every hour(4 counting non highlight announcements) from 5am to 2pm I know this because Ive had the day off work. I've been home watching television mostly Sports center all day. So Ive seen the coverage and ticker. At this moment it is not on the ticker because game stats are only on a ticker for a certain time. I think After 12pm eastern USA time the previous days scores are replaced by upcoming games of the day and current games. But yeah it was on the ticker last night and half of today. I saw it. maybe you watched it too late in the day.

Also I live in the USA so maybe I have different coverage. It was on yesterday and this morning here. It was also on NBA TV, NBA.com and FOX NEWS. ALSO local channels here. This link is from NBA.com but it is the same highlight from ESPN that was replayed several times today on ESPN. Where are you watching it at?

http://www.nba.com/video/games/lakers/20...index.html

Also here is a link to the official Lakers page. The Barcelona game is the main story. complete with pictures, video and player interviews. I'm not sure if it will be the main story tomorrow but it is now.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/

I watched ESPN and ESPN 2 for hours and neither listed the score. I watched from after the game until 2 am neither listed the score even once.

Quote:Raze Lupin don't sweat it. He is a well known mythomaniac all over basketball boards...

Reported.
@@Panathinaikos: Hmmm thats weird i clearly saw it on both ESPN and ESPN 2. What country are you in?? I only know of USA ESPN and South America ESPN called Desportes. I also just watched ESPN 2 30 min ago and they have a highlight of the game on the Jeers countdown. Vlade Divac was on this show. Even if it was not on the ticker it was on sports center highlights all day and on NBA TV news and highlights and ticker. Below is ESPN sports center high lights of the game. If you go to the ESPN Lakers page there are several articles on the game. One of the titles say "Barcelona stuns Lakers".

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?id=301007138

Here is a link to ESPN Lakers radio: The radio jockey talks about how Barcelona is quality and that both teams tried to win. This can also be found on the Lakers ESPN page.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/player?rd=1...id=5660221

I'm not sure what and where you are watching BUT there is no cover up from ESPN or NBA on this front. News of the game is every where. That it usually is. Again highlights were on repeatedly on sportscenter like all other NBA preseason games. Maybe this game got a little more attention because it was international. As you can see from all the links its everywhere. Ticker news is only on for a limeted time.

Oh and about Phil Jackson he's not delusional he's an asshole and a sore loser. He rarely admits defeat. I have watched Phil for many many years since the 90's. If he loses a game he usually blames the refs or complain about the rules or say that they got lucky because his team had a bad day. He likes to insult and intimidate by playing mind games. Phil Jackson is famous for this in the USA. David Stern doesn't have to tell him to say this. His comments are part of his psychological warfare. He said comments about Kevin Durant last year when OKC beat the lakers in a playoff game. Phil Jackson will rarely admit defeat or the truth. Also Phil Jackson has openly opposed Stern and the NBA throughout the years.

@@Black: Hey man I need a favor from you!Do you remember A couple days ago you and Skangles gave me information on CSKA moscow. What thread was that in?? I lost the thread. Anyways something exciting is happening.

On Thursday, Oct. 14, the Thunder returns to the Oklahoma City Arena for a game against CSKA Moscow, a Russian professional basketball team based in Moscow. So i am buying my tickets tomorrow!! This will be my first Euroleague game. If I get close seats I will take pics and post them here. Moscow CSKA vs OKC Thunder should be nice!
Quote:@@Black: Hey man I need a favor from you!Do you remember A couple days ago you and Skangles gave me information on CSKA moscow. What thread was that in?? I lost the thread. Anyways something exciting is happening.

On Thursday, Oct. 14, the Thunder returns to the Oklahoma City Arena for a game against CSKA Moscow, a Russian professional basketball team based in Moscow. So i am buying my tickets tomorrow!! This will be my first Euroleague game. If I get close seats I will take pics and post them here. Moscow CSKA vs OKC Thunder should be nice!

The thread is here. If you want to familiarize yourself with the players on the team and its history you should check this page too. In any case it should be a nice experience for you. I hope the game is good Thup
Thanks Vilius! I'll be checking the history out. I'm pretty excited it looks the the close seats are mostly sold out so my seats will be further away from the court. Still this should be fun!
Quote:@@Panathinaikos: Hmmm thats weird i clearly saw it on both ESPN and ESPN 2. What country are you in?? I only know of USA ESPN and South America ESPN called Desportes. I also just watched ESPN 2 30 min ago and they have a highlight of the game on the Jeers countdown. Vlade Divac was on this show. Even if it was not on the ticker it was on sports center highlights all day and on NBA TV news and highlights and ticker. Below is ESPN sports center high lights of the game. If you go to the ESPN Lakers page there are several articles on the game. One of the titles say "Barcelona stuns Lakers".

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?id=301007138

Here is a link to ESPN Lakers radio: The radio jockey talks about how Barcelona is quality and that both teams tried to win. This can also be found on the Lakers ESPN page.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/player?rd=1...id=5660221

I'm not sure what and where you are watching BUT there is no cover up from ESPN or NBA on this front. News of the game is every where. That it usually is. Again highlights were on repeatedly on sportscenter like all other NBA preseason games. Maybe this game got a little more attention because it was international. As you can see from all the links its everywhere. Ticker news is only on for a limeted time.

Oh and about Phil Jackson he's not delusional he's an asshole and a sore loser. He rarely admits defeat. I have watched Phil for many many years since the 90's. If he loses a game he usually blames the refs or complain about the rules or say that they got lucky because his team had a bad day. He likes to insult and intimidate by playing mind games. Phil Jackson is famous for this in the USA. David Stern doesn't have to tell him to say this. His comments are part of his psychological warfare. He said comments about Kevin Durant last year when OKC beat the lakers in a playoff game. Phil Jackson will rarely admit defeat or the truth. Also Phil Jackson has openly opposed Stern and the NBA throughout the years.

@@Black: Hey man I need a favor from you!Do you remember A couple days ago you and Skangles gave me information on CSKA moscow. What thread was that in?? I lost the thread. Anyways something exciting is happening.

I watched ESPN and ESPN2 USA all day the day the game occurred and not once did they ever show the score of the game in their ticker. I am not talking about highlight clips, I am talking about the score ticker. They may have shown it the next day (I did not check to see), but not the day it happened, which is the first time they have ever omitted the score of an NBA game since they started the ticker several years ago.

As for CSKA, don't get excited. They are playing in the US, with 3 NBA refs and all NBA rules. No chance for them, especially since half of their key players are injured.
Quote:As for CSKA, don't get excited. They are playing in the US, with 3 NBA refs and all NBA rules. No chance for them, especially since half of their key players are injured.

Not true CSKA have a good chance. This is only a pre-season game and a friendly. It's not uncommon for NBA teams to have a losing pre-season record and advance to the playoffs or even win the NBA championship. Winning is "less" important in the NBA pre-season. Excution of offensive and defensive sets and plays is prime. The CSKA vs Miami Heat game was close. Although Holden did not play for CSKA. ALso Wade did not play and Lebron left early with injury. Still CSKA lead much of the game and lead at the half. I think for these reasons CSKA will play OKC Thunder well. I believe they will win possibly. Thunder lost very badly yesterday. It will be exciting to watch and analyze CSKA in live play.
CSKA played without their best player last season, Khryapa. Not to mention Kaun and Vorontsevich.

Quote:CSKA played without their best player last season, Khryapa. Not to mention Kaun and Vorontsevich.

Vorontsevich played. However, CSKA was without 3 starters.

Their starting point guard, their starting center, and their starting power forward did not play.
Quote:Not true CSKA have a good chance. This is only a pre-season game and a friendly. It's not uncommon for NBA teams to have a losing pre-season record and advance to the playoffs or even win the NBA championship. Winning is "less" important in the NBA pre-season. Excution of offensive and defensive sets and plays is prime. The CSKA vs Miami Heat game was close. Although Holden did not play for CSKA. ALso Wade did not play and Lebron left early with injury. Still CSKA lead much of the game and lead at the half. I think for these reasons CSKA will play OKC Thunder well. I believe they will win possibly. Thunder lost very badly yesterday. It will be exciting to watch and analyze CSKA in live play.

Untrue. NBA teams play harder in the games against European teams than they do in almost any regular season game. Also, CSKA had no chance to win with three of their starters not playing.

What I found really amusing was the ESPN could not get the name of the club right in the ticker and in their commentary. They referred to them either as "Moscow" or as "See S Kay A".

It was not until the next day that someone apparently informed them the club's name is CSKA. It's pretty hilarious that the so-called "world-wide leader in sports" does not even know the name of one of the biggest multi-sports clubs in the world.

Anyway, it was a good game. The reffing wasn't that bad except for that one part of the 3rd quarter where the NBA refs decided it was time to give the game to the Heat, which happens every time in these Euroleague at NBA games. But at least the other 3 quarters were reffed pretty fair.

BTW, CSKA was not just without their starting point guard Holden. They were also without their starting center Kaun and their starting power forward Khyrapa.
Quote:Untrue. NBA teams play harder in the games against European teams than they do in almost any regular season game. Also, CSKA had no chance to win with three of their starters not playing.

What I found really amusing was the ESPN could not get the name of the club right in the ticker and in their commentary. They referred to them either as "Moscow" or as "See S Kay A".

It was not until the next day that someone apparently informed them the club's name is CSKA. It's pretty hilarious that the so-called "world-wide leader in sports" does not even know the name of one of the biggest multi-sports clubs in the world.

Anyway, it was a good game. The reffing wasn't that bad except for that one part of the 3rd quarter where the NBA refs decided it was time to give the game to the Heat, which happens every time in these Euroleague at NBA games. But at least the other 3 quarters were reffed pretty fair.

BTW, CSKA was not just without their starting point guard Holden. They were also without their starting center Kaun and their starting power forward Khyrapa.

True, I agree with you. "Sometimes" this is true. Obviously this was the case with the Lakers and Barcelona game played the other day. The Lakers played against the Timberwolves and lost by double didgets Kobe only played 6 minutes. Two days later aganst Barcelona Kobe played 25 min and the game went down to the wire. kobe played through serious injury against Phil Jacksons wishes. This however is not true in the case of CSKA and Miami. The Heat played to win but there was no intensity like the Lakers game. Lebron even left the game with a minor injury in contrast to Kobe playing with a surgically repaired knee. What is also true is that European team play American teams harder than they do most any other teams. This is especially true in WC and Olympics. When the Greeks beat us in 2006 they acted like they won world cup. My Greek friends still taunt me to this day! Not that it matters but this may be the reason that NBA teams play harder at times because they are drawn into the competitive passion of the europeans. This was the case of the Lakers/Barca game. Barca is a top teir team so the Lakers had to play up to their level or they would have been embarassed. Of course the Lakers did not want to be the whipping boy so they played to win. lakers played harder than they did against Timberwolves. Anyone watching could tell it was serious fight in the end. HOPEFULLY CSKA vs OKC THUNDER will be intense!! This is my wish. Biggrin

hahahahaha Yes I saw this too! We must have watched the same thing! That was funny to me. I had a Russian friend I went to school with who got an internship working for ESPN. I wondered what she thought of this. Russian in general is harder for us Yanks to pronounce either way its embarassingly funny.

I didn't get to see the game. You'll have to give me examples on the reffing that you percieved as bias. The boxscore seemed pretty even in the PF(personal foul) department BUT this doesn't show the entire story at times. Miami got more Techs I see. LOL

Yes I knew they had more players out from internet sites. I still think they can beat the Thunder because again this is a preseason game with a wider player rotation for the Thunder. Typically bench players get more time in pre-season games than they would in regular season. They dont play simply to win but to practice and execute. This was the case in the Heat/CSKA. Heat gave high minutes to players that would not have normally played as much. I could be wrong but CSKA can win upfront with the Thunder. Another advantage for CSKA can be that most of the Thunder are not use to international play. I just want to see a competitive game. It's also good when NBA clubs lose in International play. When this happens it forces coaches and players to make an adjustment in philosphy and tactics. I believe this needs to happen for USA basketball to continue to be sucessful on an international stage.
I don't see CSKA (that's pronounced Seska ESPN) winning against the Thunder. You have to understand that 3/5 of their starting lineup is not playing and those are also 3 out of the 5 best players on the team.

Last year for example, their best player was probably Khyrapa and he's not playing. But the loss of Holden at point guard and Kaun at center is huge. I saw the game and it really is a huge drop off from Kaun to guys like Marjanovic, Sokolov, and Zabelin. Sokolov is decent, but he's not comparable to Kaun. I mean a HUGE drop off. Marjanovic and Zabelin are pure projects.

And although Gordon is a good player, he's not a real point guard. He's a combo guard. Schved is no point either, although they try him, he's a pure two in reality. The closest thing CSKA has to a real point guard then right now is Bykov, and even he is more of a scorer than a play maker.

So the club is basically playing without a center and a point guard. And even though their roster is deep, a lot of the players are just young talents. Projects and are not ready yet. Marjanovic, Zabelin, Schved are basically developing players. They all got plenty of playing time against the Heat and I am not sure if any of them would even make CSKA's regular 12 man roster during the Euroleague season.

You can't compare it to Barca. Barca was playing 10 of their 11 veteran players (the other one, Basile, was injured) and all of them can start. The only real weakness on Barca's roster that they played with against the Lakers was Rubio, whom is really the only such project player that Barca played with in that game. CSKA on the other hand, played third string, project guys (that are just that at this point of their careers) for much of the Miami game and will likely continue to do so in these other games against the NBA teams.

If it was CSKA's regular team rotation, then sure they could challenge in these games, but not with the rotations they are using. Yes, they have enough to be competitive in the games against the NBA teams, with guys like Langdon, Siskauskas, Smodis, Bykov, Gordon, Vorontsevich, Kurbanov, but that's not enough to win these games.

If they also had Khyrapa, Holden, Kaun it might be different.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  new online basketball manager game magnus01 1 3,696 Apr 3, 2018, 12:38 am
Last Post: zamek9
  The Most Intense Basketball Game Ever You Ever Watched? David S 0 2,175 Nov 27, 2016, 11:57 am
Last Post: David S
  Fun basketball game on Android randy3champ 6 7,227 Nov 1, 2016, 5:18 pm
Last Post: Awesome
NBA Harlem Wizards High School Charity Basketball Game Masterminor 0 2,447 Jan 21, 2015, 10:20 pm
Last Post: Masterminor
  Young Player out of Iran Making Big splash with 29points in Game 1 asiasportwriter 1 2,717 Mar 22, 2013, 4:34 pm
Last Post: CoachSteve