Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Once Brothers - Petrovic/Divac stroy

I just wanted to tell ev eryone that ESPN is doing a special called Once Borhers about Petrovic and Divac and the rest of that great generation. Its on tomorrow. Here is a link to the trailer. I can't wait tbh, it looks great.
We need to find a torrent of it tomorrow ASAP!
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Definitely, but it shouldn't be hard to get as ESPN is doing it, so the usual suspects are bound to have it, Bt.davka and sport-scene. I can't wait, it looks very well done.

I remember i watched a Drazen documentary ages ago made by Cro TV, and loved it, this time we get to see a more NBA driven documentary about him, it should be very fun.
People are already raving about this on forums and twitter!

I must see this! Someone pls post a link!!! I watched some clips from ESPN website, man this is so good.

ESPN Once Brothers sneak preview (vids)

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.

It was compelling! A very touching story. You can tel Vlade is still hurt deeply....
Entire "Once Brothers" documentary below!

Parts 5-8

Some remarks and comments, not just on the documentary, but random thoughts that came into my mind.

Edelman is an asshole for not playing a guy like Drazen.

The guy with the Croatian flag is a douche bag.

Dino Radja seems a really nice calm guy, judging from the courts I didn't think it was the case.

Vlade Divac seems a genuinely nice guy, I would like to know what really happened between him and Drazen. Could Drazen be so immature to treat Vlade like the enemy just because of his nationality?

Tony Kukoc seems the most intelligent, educated guy, I'm impressed with the way he expresses himself.

My driving license looks exactly like Divac' one. Also the toll booth lady is a moron. If I worked there and saw the name on the driving license "Vlade Divac" I'd run out and take pics and autographs. Also why the hell don't they clean those tanks from the streets already? Do they want people to actually remember what happened? That's psychological violence if you ask me. Such countries have no place in EU.

Source of every evil is a woman... driving in German autobahn while being inexperienced driver? Come on! Damn...

Vlade in Zagreb after 20 years, one guy calls him cetnik, the other one greets him happily. Every country has its assholes.

And then we get the infamous 1995 Eurobasket medals ceremony fiasco. 20.000 Greeks booing the Serbian anthem cause of what had happened during the final vs Lithuania and Croatia stepping off the podium.

Drazen Petrovic had agreed to play for Panathinaikos the summer he died, for $7.5 millions for three seasons. After his death there was a Panathinaikos-Cibona game. Panathinaikos and Stojan Vrankovic, who played for PAO at that time, invited Drazen's parents to award a special medal in the memory of Drazen. No one cared for the result, Cibona won that game.

I read somewhere than Petrovic and Bodiroga were cousins... is it true?

In 1991 Eurobasket, Jure Zdovc started the tournament with Yugoslavia NT, but some days into the tournament, Slovenia declared independence and he was ordered to withdraw from the squad.

In 1992 Olympics Stojan Vrankovic had burnt a Yugoslavian flag (Croatia was separated at that time), and fought with Vlade Divac. Divac said at that time he will never talk to Vrankovic again.

Also, an off-topic question, since I'm ignorant on this subject. Weren't Serbs and Croats the same people at some point of history? How in the hell did they manage to end up in this shit? Human stupidity at its best.

Thanks you very much!
It's great story. you can see that it still hurts Vlade very much.

I think Drazen treated Vlade that way because maybe he thaught that Vlade made a political desision by throwing away the Croatian flag.

It may be a immature but if you know the situation about Croatians and Serbs, you know that the action of Vlade would not be appreciated by Croatians.

Drazen maybe felt like Vlade supported the Serbians in the Yugoslavian War.
Quote:Drazen Petrovic had agreed to play for Panathinaikos the summer he died, for $7.5 millions for three seasons. After his death there was a Panathinaikos-Cibona game.

Why would Drazen leave the NBA, if he was becoming a star in New Jersey? He was one of the best players back then in the NBA, I don't think that he would have left the NBA. But I don't know the whole situation like you do Black Urum.

How do you know that Drazen had agreed to play for Panathinaikos?
Quote:Why would Drazen leave the NBA, if he was becoming a star in New Jersey? He was one of the best players back then in the NBA, I don't think that he would have left the NBA. But I don't know the whole situation like you do Black Urum.

How do you know that Drazen had agreed to play for Panathinaikos?

According to this article published shortly after Drazen's death:

Quote:There had been speculation that Petrovic, a restricted free agent, would not return to the Nets in the fall, and would instead play in Europe. Earlier this week, he received offers from two Greek teams, either of which would have paid him a net of $7.5 million over three years.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.ht...gewanted=2

Drazen was one of my favorite players, I remember watching the Suns vs. Bulls Finals when they announced his death and being totally gutted.
Panathinaikos vice-president confirmed it in an interview some years ago.

Of course I haven't seen the signed contract...

Skangles and Black Urum thanks for the information. i must admit that I was to young when Drazen died( I was two year at the time). But I've lots of video's of his games and he became one of my favorite players even though I had never seen him play in person. But every tape I see, you see how great he was and I still wonder what would have happend if he didn't die. He would have been the best in the NBA, he was already the best in Europe and the World

Because of Drazen I have great love for Cibona and that will never change.
Quote:Some remarks and comments, not just on the documentary, but random thoughts that came into my mind.

Tony Kukoc seems the most intelligent, educated guy, I'm impressed with the way he expresses himself.

My driving license looks exactly like Divac' one. Also the toll booth lady is a moron. If I worked there and saw the name on the driving license "Vlade Divac" I'd run out and take pics and autographs. Also why the hell don't they clean those tanks from the streets already? Do they want people to actually remember what happened? That's psychological violence if you ask me. Such countries have no place in EU.

Vlade in Zagreb after 20 years, one guy calls him cetnik, the other one greets him happily. Every country has its assholes.

I read somewhere than Petrovic and Bodiroga were cousins... is it true?

Also, an off-topic question, since I'm ignorant on this subject. Weren't Serbs and Croats the same people at some point of history? How in the hell did they manage to end up in this shit? Human stupidity at its best.

I was off for this topic.But today was on Arena Sport (Serbian sport channel).And it's good story.

As for Tony he is ok like player and man.

You have the same driving license? Biggrin It's serbian license.

As for toll booth lady they don't care. Bag

In Belgrade Croats comes in huge number and they can free walk over the town.And if they tell that they are Croatian nationality.Except when is football game and hooligans if they saw them.

And that guy who "greets him happily" Vlade says last week on Comedy Show in Serbia that that guy is Serbian Cool But you have Croatians that is ok with Serbia. Thup

I don't know if Petrovic and Bodiroga are cousins.But both played awesome. Cool

I'm also think that Serbs,Croatian and from Bosnia & Herzegovina are the same people with different religion. Agree
[Image: 26637_navijanjeee409_blic_markodjurica_f.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Drazen Petrovic Barcelona 1992 Raze Lupin 1 4,170 Feb 13, 2011, 9:43 pm
Last Post: Kenneth23