Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homosexuals banned from Croatian national team
Via Croatian Times

Quote:Croatian gay and lesbian associations have condemned Croatian Football Federation president Vlatko Markovic after he said there was no place for homosexuals in the national team.

"While I'm a president of the Croatian Football Federation, there will be no homosexuals playing in the national team", Vlatko Markovic said in an interview with Croatian national daily Vecernji List.

Asked whether in his career he has met a homosexual footballer, he has replied:

"Luckily, only normal people play football".

Gay and lesbian associations have informed the Croatian media that they will sue the Football Federation President for discrimination. They also intend to report Vlatko Markovic to UEFA.

The Croatian national football team is in the top ten of the FIFA world ranking.

Once again, Croatian social progressiveness and tolerance in all its glory.
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

I wonder how will he know if a player is homosexual or not. I bet there is already at least one there and he doesn't know about it.
Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht.
: BASKET-SPOT : - Global Basketball
Better this.Than Gay catch for ass his teammates on the training. Biggrin
[Image: 26637_navijanjeee409_blic_markodjurica_f.jpg]
Well some players can be pretty decent and still be gay. That English center that played for PAO years ago (when they had the PONY sweatshirts), who was half black-half white, he was an outspoken homo, but he played pretty decent basketball, and played for the Cavs in the NBA at least from what I remember.
[Image: paok0bw.gif]
John Amaechi. He wasn't out of the closet then. He only came out after retiring from NBA.

But when he played for PAO there were rumours he got the boot cause he harassed a (German) teammate Laugh

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.

^ That's the one! I forgot the name. He was a very solid and low-key kind of player but put up good numbers. Who was it supposedly that he 'sexually' harassed? Tongue Rofl3
I don't know the name, I heard it was a German player who played for PAO at the time...

This seems like an unnecessary move to promote an individual's personal values. I suspect that this would have more of an impact on the women's national team. I'm not sure if any Croatian players are openly lesbian but at least in the WNBA there are several openly gay players (like legendary player Sheryl Swoopes). Amechi is the only openly gay player that I know of, albeit as mentioned he came out only after retirement. There are naturally other gay players who remain in the closet including rumors about Richard Jefferson at one point. Nevertheless, this rule by Croatia seems ridiculous.
Quote:This seems like an unnecessary move to promote an individual's personal values. I suspect that this would have more of an impact on the women's national team. I'm not sure if any Croatian players are openly lesbian but at least in the WNBA there are several openly gay players (like legendary player Sheryl Swoopes). Amechi is the only openly gay player that I know of, albeit as mentioned he came out only after retirement. There are naturally other gay players who remain in the closet including rumors about Richard Jefferson at one point. Nevertheless, this rule by Croatia seems ridiculous.

I would be shocked if Richard Jefferson and Sasha Vujcic are not gay. I am sure there are many others as well, but those two are obviously gay.
Quote:I don't know the name, I heard it was a German player who played for PAO at the time...

Hahaha, you're not allowed to come out with the name? Tongue

Anyway, I read the score sheet, those names were a blast from the past, Ikonomou, Dinkins, and dunk-happy Sconochinni Laugh
This is just terribly unfair according to me. I have recently read a bullying novel suggested me by a friend. After reading that, I changed my views about many things. I don't know how they can say stuff like that but I hope someone somehow teaches him a lesson and make him see what a real human being is like.

I hope they will rethink stuff like this. I don't know why they are so worried about the players personal stuff when they are supposed to be concentrating on that players talent instead.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  National Football League (American NFL) NHutch 5 5,824 Jan 10, 2009, 6:01 pm
Last Post: Michael Scott
  What Football Team Do You Support? AFC 32 14,604 Feb 28, 2008, 4:32 pm
Last Post: W#ozbutas