Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey Im new here, and I started playing basketball about 2 weeks ago
Hey everyone,

So I started playing basketball here in paris for the RCF, and lets say Im extremely new at this..

so much that I cant understand half of the time what the hell my coach is talking about..

For ex the other day he told me to buy compression shorts.

What the hell are compression shorts? i googled it and I found these http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compression_shorts and thesehttp://www.twenga.com/price-basketball-c...horts.htmlDoesnt help me much, cuz I still can't understand what it is... why is it expensive..

And for the 2 seconds zone, I mean seriously do they really watch everyplayer, and count two seconds..

You might think Im crazy asking you these question, but i really like this sport, but I have no idea how to play it (dont worry my coach knows hes teaching me, but there are some things he thinks I know and I have no idea... it sounds like chinese sometimes)

anyways hopesomeone out there can help me!

have a nice day!!
It doesn't look so expensive, considering you will use it all season long.

What 2 seconds zone are you talking about? I don't understand.
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

or is it 10 seconds... you know the zone in front of the basket... Im sorry as you can se im extremely bad!

Oh so its not expensive, I'm sorry I'm not sure what to compare them to...

So what are these shorts exactly for?

thanks!
It minimises the risk on injury. But as long as you're not professional and young and don't mind, you can play without it.

You probably mean the 3 seconds. Attacking players can not stay more than 3 seconds in the opponents' paint. They must at least step on the line separating the paint from the rest of court once a while.

Refs don't actually count, it's rather a mechanical reaction if they see them inside the paint for a long time, or if you see attacking team's players exchanging passes or grabbing multiple rebounds in the paint, it's almost impossible to do all that below 3 seconds, so against the refs call the violation.
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

(Nov 22, 2010, 4:40 pm)Black Urum Wrote: It minimises the risk on injury. But as long as you're not professional and young and don't mind, you can play without it.

You probably mean the 3 seconds. Attacking players can not stay more than 3 seconds in the opponents' paint. They must at least step on the line separating the paint from the rest of court once a while.

Refs don't actually count, it's rather a mechanical reaction if they see them inside the paint for a long time, or if you see attacking team's players exchanging passes or grabbing multiple rebounds in the paint, it's almost impossible to do all that below 3 seconds, so against the refs call the violation.

Compression shorts are not essential
aaah great thanks a lot! i finally get it!I was actually counting, 1,2,3.. it was ridicoulus..

oooh okay good so If i dont need them... they look uncomfortable

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  hello guys im new to the forums and to basketball :) CarlJordan 3 2,992 Nov 29, 2022, 4:13 pm
Last Post: wreathclean
  Hi Basketball players! stylingbasketball 3 4,217 Nov 21, 2013, 6:50 am
Last Post: KelPark17
  Hi to all, my basketball friends GiovanniItalia 7 6,845 Nov 1, 2012, 4:10 pm
Last Post: Giuseppedec
  basketball is my life bb0 4 4,761 Aug 24, 2012, 1:24 pm
Last Post: Kenneth23
  HI WHATS UP LOOK AT ME PLAYING BBALL Bballshooter36 1 2,784 Oct 14, 2011, 1:14 pm
Last Post: ZEUS