Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players who where stars in Europe and now are playing in the NBA
What do you guys think about the performaces of Tiaggo Splitter and Nikola Pekovic?

The Spurs and Timberwolves should play them more and make more plays for them so they can show there potential

They need some time to adjust to the rules of the NBA and the playingstyle over there. I believe they will have great careers there and they'll be great players.
Quote:What do you guys think about the performaces of Tiaggo Splitter and Nikola Pekovic?

The Spurs and Timberwolves should play them more and make more plays for them so they can show there potential

They need some time to adjust to the rules of the NBA and the playingstyle over there. I believe they will have great careers there and they'll be great players.

Tiago Splitter is an amazing physical talent! He reminds me of a young Lamar Odom but with more skill! I'm sure he will be good and play more in time. Why should he play more than he played last night? 24 minutes is good. 13 minutes is his average. The Spurs are winning and are on a winning streak. They don't need him to be a star.
Quote:Tiago Splitter is an amazing physical talent! He reminds me of a young Lamar Odom but with more skill! I'm sure he will be good and play more in time. Why should he play more than he played last night? 24 minutes is good. 13 minutes is his average. The Spurs are winning and are on a winning streak. They don't need him to be a star.

Maybe you're right but Pop sometimes only gives him 2 or 5 minutes and that ain't enough. They want him to be great but he can't if doesn't get the playingtime. I hope once he's adjusted to rules and playingstyle, he'll be great for the Spurs

The same goes for Pekovic, he'll be great if he has adjusted to the playingstyle and rules
Tiago Splitter and Nikola Pekovic would have expected something else when they left Europe and went to the NBA.

Splitter has it very difficult to crack to the rotation of Popovich and Pekovic has also played very less. If they play they get fouls called on them that aren't even fouls. Their teammates don't envolve them very much in offense and they don't get the touches they need. It's a learning process, they were stars in Europe and now they are rookies in the NBA. There time will come, I'm sure about that because they are to fantastic players
Tiago Splitter played 25 minutes on Saturday. He scored 11 points on a 2-5 FG and 7-10 FT. He also collected 6 rebounds. He was the Spurs leadingscorer in the Spurs loss against New Orleans. Hopefully he gets the same playing time the next couple of matches and that he gets enough touches

I also hope that Nikola Pekovic will get enough playing time and enough touches because he's a very good player and Minnesota should use him more
Up-date on Nikola Pekovic and Tiago Splitter

Nikola Pekovic played 17:38 minutes yesterday. He scored 8 points on a 3-4 FG and 2-2 FT. He also collected 4 rebounds and blocked one shot. He had also 2 fouls. Nikola Pekovic is averaging 13:05 minutes per game, 47% FG, 73.6% FT, 3 rebounds per game, 0.6 blocks per game and 5.1 points per game.

Pekovic has played in 29 games this season but missed a couple because of injuries.

Tiago Spiltter played 21:05 minutes yesterday. He scored 7 points on a 1-3 FG and 5-8 FT. He had 6 rebounds and 4 fouls. Tiago Splitter is averaging 11:24 minutes per game, 49% FG, 62.5 % FT, 2.6 rebounds per game, 0.4 blocks per game and 4.2 points per game.

Splitter played in 34 games this season. He missed some because of injuries and also because he fell out of the rotation of Popovich
Quote:Up-date on Nikola Pekovic and Tiago Splitter

Nikola Pekovic played 17:38 minutes yesterday. He scored 8 points on a 3-4 FG and 2-2 FT. He also collected 4 rebounds and blocked one shot. He had also 2 fouls. Nikola Pekovic is averaging 13:05 minutes per game, 47% FG, 73.6% FT, 3 rebounds per game, 0.6 blocks per game and 5.1 points per game.

Pekovic has played in 29 games this season but missed a couple because of injuries.

Tiago Spiltter played 21:05 minutes yesterday. He scored 7 points on a 1-3 FG and 5-8 FT. He had 6 rebounds and 4 fouls. Tiago Splitter is averaging 11:24 minutes per game, 49% FG, 62.5 % FT, 2.6 rebounds per game, 0.4 blocks per game and 4.2 points per game.

Splitter played in 34 games this season. He missed some because of injuries and also because he fell out of the rotation of Popovich

Tiago Splitter has amazing potential maybe he can move into Duncan's role in the future.
Tiago Splitter has amazing potential but that also counts for Nikola Pekovic. I think that Splitter will start next season if he shows if he keeps playing good in the minutes that he gets. This season he will have to earn playing time. But if I see him play in the minutes that he gets and he play good. The same counts for Pekovic. But I also see that both players don't get enough touches to show their full potential.

Pekovic will also start next season alongside Kevin Love. Maybe he'll start this season instead of Milicic
I think Splitter will earn his starter spot next year too. I'm more doubtful about Pekovic.

What about David Andersen? Second year there and he's being wasted again. Will he consider to come back to Europe this summer?
Quote:I think Splitter will earn his starter spot next year too. I'm more doubtful about Pekovic.

What about David Andersen? Second year there and he's being wasted again. Will he consider to come back to Europe this summer?

Splitter and Pekovic are both very talented and they will be great players in the NBA.

David Andersen has signed a three year contract with the Rockets in 2008. The third year was a team option. At Toronto he got some playing time and he played good in the minutes that he got. Toronto didn't wanted to trade him away but New Orleans didn't want to let the trade go through if he wasn't included in the trade. There are some rumors that some teams in the NBA want to trade for him because they are looking for a good bigman who doesn't cost very much. One of the teams that is interested in trading for Andersen, is his former team the Houston Rockets. They are looking for a good bigman because Yao is out for the season. He could go their and get more playing time then he got the first time when he was a Rocket. David Andersen still wants to prove that he's a good player and that he deserves to play in the NBA. He has said that if the Hornets don't take the option, he'll work out for some NBA teams and will listen to their offers. If he doesn't get the offer he's looking for, he'll return to Europe. I hope that I have answered your question
Nikola Pekovic has played 14:09 minutes. He had 4 points on a 1-5 FG and 2-2 FT. He didn't get the shots and touches that he wanted. He also had 4 rebounds and 1 block. He wasn't involved a lot in the offense

Tiago Splitter played only 6:41 minutes. He only had one chance to score and the ball rolled out of the ring and he had one steal. He didn't get a lot of touches, in fact he only had the ball twice in his hand. One time he shot the ball and the other one was when stole the ball from a defender. He wasn't involved a lot in the offense.

David Andersen played 11:26. He scored 5 points on a 2-5 FG, 0-1 3Pt, 1-4 FT. He also had 3 rebounds and one assist. Like Pekovic and Splitter, Andersen wasn't involved very much in New Orleans his offense.

To bad that these players don't get the touches they need to show how good they are
Hey guys how about Gary Neal from the Spurs, as far as I remember he was a good player for Benneton Treviso a couple of years back and now he's doing good with the Spurs. Alos Belinelli is having a career best season so far with the Hornets

EDIT: I totally forgot that Neal spent a season in Barcelona.
Belinelli is playing good for the Hornets. He has showed flashes of all his potential this season and he will improve even more.

Gary Neal is also playing good for the Spurs. He's averaging 19:50 minutes per game and an 8.8 PPG. The games that I've seen from him, he has played very well and that also counts for Belinelli.
Casspi wasn't a star in Europe but he had an amazing game tonight, kings beat the lakers at LA, casspi played 40 minutes and scored 20 points, 8/14 FG, 8 rebounds. Kings won 100-95
Quote:What do you guys think about the performaces of Tiaggo Splitter and Nikola Pekovic?

I think your definition of star is wrong. How were Pekovic and Splitter "stars" in Europe? They were key rotation players on good teams. They were never ever anything close to stars.
Quote:I think Splitter will earn his starter spot next year too. I'm more doubtful about Pekovic.

David Andersen has incredible skills for a big man, but unfortunately for him he is just so soft. He has to be in the right team to be effective.
Quote:David Andersen has incredible skills for a big man, but unfortunately for him he is just so soft. He has to be in the right team to be effective.

This is 100% true!
Quote:Tiago Splitter has amazing potential but that also counts for Nikola Pekovic. I think that Splitter will start next season if he shows if he keeps playing good in the minutes that he gets. This season he will have to earn playing time. But if I see him play in the minutes that he gets and he play good. The same counts for Pekovic. But I also see that both players don't get enough touches to show their full potential.

Pekovic will also start next season alongside Kevin Love. Maybe he'll start this season instead of Milicic

Splitter will start next season. Hopefully Duncan will take him under his wing like the great David Robinson did for Duncan. Splitter is in the perfect position. On a Championship caliber team with some of the most intelligent, skilled players in the world for their respective positions. He needs to be patient and soak up the knowledge like a sponge. Splitter may get a ring this year.

I'm not so optimistic about Pekovic. His lateral movement is slow. Very slow maybe he would be better on a team like the spurs or Lakers that have more set and complex half court offenses. He would even do well on the Boston Celtics. I want him to be good but I'm not optimistic.

What do you think about Timofey Mozgov?? He had 23pts and 14 rebounds I think! Go NY KNICKS!! Also Danio Gallinari from Italy has become a premiere player after 3 years. Have you been keeping up with nay of those!?
Gallinari is already a good solid player in the League and if he keeps it up he can become a star for the Knicks I think. About Mozgov I don't have any particular opinion, but if he is in the NBA he probably should be talented enough to become a good player.
Andersen could go back at Houston and start because he's may much better than Hayes and he could help them a lot right now because of the injury of Yao.

Splitter will learn a lot from Duncan and he will start next season. He will develop even more and he will become a better player if he listens to the advice of Duncan.

Pekovic needs to get the touches he needs and he needs to get the opportunities to show how good he is. He isn't envolved very much in the offense.

Gallinari will be a star for the Knicks if he keeps developing well

Mozgov has played good last night but the rumors are that Mozgov played so many minutes and they run their offense a lot through him to show that he's a good player and that he could be include in a possible trade for Carmelo Anthony

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Here's how top NBA stars have adjusted to rule changes ESPN NBA 0 460 Nov 17, 2021, 8:45 pm
Last Post: ESPN NBA
  Points and Roto: Which stars shine brightest in each format? ESPN NBA 0 262 Oct 29, 2021, 10:48 am
  NBA's 75 greatest players: Snubs, all-time starting five and more ESPN NBA 0 248 Oct 25, 2021, 5:03 am
  NBA75: Meet the best players in league history ESPN NBA 0 260 Oct 21, 2021, 9:32 am
  NBA75: Meet the best players in league history ESPN NBA 0 253 Oct 20, 2021, 12:51 pm